I Feel like I got screwed, what do I do now.

With the new leadership speed change in combination with the poe nerf I feel like my team just got nuked. I'm a relatively new player level 54. I got Lucky enough to draw poggle when I started so I went with the droid team with poe and that's what I farmed. all of my cantina shipments have gone toward poe and with this I feel like it was a total waste, and even sadly I believe my droids will be to slow to keep me competitive in arena. I've been in the top 20 in my group until today, my worst finish in awhile
Anyways that being said I really don't know where to go from here. I have lumi, geo soldier and hk at six stars. poggle ig 88 and po are 4 star. with poe being 10 shards from promoting to 5. Is it worth continuing with poe and getting him to 7 stars? Or is it best to cut bait and go for gin? is the meta going to a place where a team leader with speed boost is going to be required? I understand they are trying to balance the game but this was a blow for my team for sure. and frankly i'm very confused where to go from here lol. any advice is appreciated, thanks guys.

Replies

• XCOM
    250 posts Member
    Options
    #1, don't spend money... Unless you are willing to enjoy the character for a month and then go for the new one... When I started I read up and went after Poe/Sid/GS/lumi... Big bucks... Within a month - #1... Then came FOTP... Got him, then came QGJ and ruined the party. Best predict or of future behavior is past behavior... Bottom line, game is being changed, and characters nurfed so you will ALWAYS play catchup... And unless your spending is infinite you will always be behind. QGJ seems to be the answer now... But for how long... I gues our only saving grace is this characters are actual movie characters and no new movies will be released for now, so options are limited and they will likely have to recycle... So maybe continue building up and hope for positive change.
  • Options
    I would stay positive mate. Your team make up is still highly viable in arenas. I'd say your rank may have dropped more due to the changes in showing teams than your actual make up.

The devs have shown they are constantly making changes to the game to balance and make every make up viable. The game is 4 months old and it's still so rough around the edges.

Choose a play style and keep working with it till they hit 7*. Once your arena team hits a high enough level (if arena is your goal) try levelling some other characters. I have a strong droid/genosian team in the making very similar to yours and i think it is very viable. I think once they bring out one or two more droids you'll see a lot of people jumping on the droid flavour of the month too. Stick with it champ, you'll be fine and it will be easier as you star, fear and level up.
  • Options
    Chatsy wrote: »
    I would stay positive mate. Your team make up is still highly viable in arenas. I'd say your rank may have dropped more due to the changes in showing teams than your actual make up.

The devs have shown they are constantly making changes to the game to balance and make every make up viable. The game is 4 months old and it's still so rough around the edges.

Choose a play style and keep working with it till they hit 7*. Once your arena team hits a high enough level (if arena is your goal) try levelling some other characters. I have a strong droid/genosian team in the making very similar to yours and i think it is very viable. I think once they bring out one or two more droids you'll see a lot of people jumping on the droid flavour of the month too. Stick with it champ, you'll be fine and it will be easier as you star, fear and level up.

Thanks for the post, I suppose I should stick with my team until they are 7* then branch out. It just seems like getting poe from level 5 to 7 will take forever, but probably best to finish him the go with gin. Gin just seems so good right now
  • Options
    XCOM wrote: »
    #1, don't spend money... Unless you are willing to enjoy the character for a month and then go for the new one... When I started I read up and went after Poe/Sid/GS/lumi... Big bucks... Within a month - #1... Then came FOTP... Got him, then came QGJ and ruined the party. Best predict or of future behavior is past behavior... Bottom line, game is being changed, and characters nurfed so you will ALWAYS play catchup... And unless your spending is infinite you will always be behind. QGJ seems to be the answer now... But for how long... I gues our only saving grace is this characters are actual movie characters and no new movies will be released for now, so options are limited and they will likely have to recycle... So maybe continue building up and hope for positive change.

You are right, I just need to stick with leveling my guys rather then chasing the flavor of the month which is gin right now. I have spent a bit of money but going to keep my money just to refresh energy for now. it is nice to have a game that is always changing. Although it does sting when it's changed and what you worked for/ spent on nerfed a bit.
  • Options
    Uninstall the game. Purchase and play Knights of the Old Republic if/when it is within your means. You will feel much better playing a game that rewards you for playing how you like, without the trappings of microtransactions and gameplay balanced around the developer's profit margin. That's the best advice I can give you, ignoring the fact that you wish for advice pertaining to the game itself. If you can enjoy the basic, near-mindless gameplay of this title, then it's likely you can fully enjoy a proper RPG on your PC or mobile device.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Fwiw, I'm leaving my Poe at 6* and joining the QGJ bandwagon. I doubt it's worth 7*ing Poe now.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Options
    Uninstall the game. Purchase and play Knights of the Old Republic if/when it is within your means. You will feel much better playing a game that rewards you for playing how you like, without the trappings of microtransactions and gameplay balanced around the developer's profit margin. That's the best advice I can give you, ignoring the fact that you wish for advice pertaining to the game itself. If you can enjoy the basic, near-mindless gameplay of this title, then it's likely you can fully enjoy a proper RPG on your PC or mobile device.

KOTOR is free on Amazon app store!
  • Options
    "

KOTOR is free on Amazon app store!

Wow, thanks. :) I will have to check that out!
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"