[VIDEO] In-Depth Educational guide to soloing the rancor with Thrawn!

Nukin
415 posts Member
This is currently the best team to run in the rancor right now primarily due to it’s consistency. You’ll end up saving yourself time overall because you’ll almost never have to retreat while running this team on basically full auto minus phase transitions. In this video, I go over how the team works, multiple lineups to use, the mods to run & abilities to omega, and how to deal with phase transitions. Good luck to everyone and happy raiding!

https://youtu.be/TR2wQl4wOY0

Replies

• Options
    Thank you, I am going to surprise my guild with a rancor solo tomorrow.
    Empire Relic
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options

Haha good luck! @Insufferable_camper
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

You've got a 7* Thrawn and it's going to be a surprise that you solo'd the rancor...?
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Nice video man but isn't this supposed to be in Squad and Char strategy?
  • Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

You've got a 7* Thrawn and it's going to be a surprise that you solo'd the rancor...?

Six months ago when everyone figured out it was based on PID I realized I had the second worst PID in the guild so therefore I opted to never use a zeta on Vader which is the most common solo option.

Empire Relic
  • Options
    @NukinFTW I did it and it worked very well, I wonder if Death Trooper would be a suitable replacement for shoretrooper that would cause it to finish sooner?
    Empire Relic
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Any options without Shoretrooper or Krennic? I have others (Although not geared) but none of these 2
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Won't your guild get mad for that?
  • Options
    No, half of them can solo it, I have now joined their ranks.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    7* Shore is harder to get than 7* Thrawn haha XD
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    This is gonna be really helpful for the 10 people in the world with a 7* Thrawn lol
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    7* Shore is harder to get than 7* Thrawn haha XD

Either way I feel like anyone who had gotten Thrawn to 7* would've just been already capable of soloing the rancor. But I guess I was wrong, which doesn't really matter that much I was just surprised.
    Vertigo wrote: »

Six months ago when everyone figured out it was based on PID I realized I had the second worst PID in the guild so therefore I opted to never use a zeta on Vader which is the most common solo option.

Also, everyone knew ties were sorted by player ID before Zader though, and you didn't need Zader to solo the Rancor.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Great video, great team.

I run Zader, Thrawn, Jyn, FOO, Tarkin full auto solo. No need for transition stops.

Mod Thrawn, Jyn, Tarkin for speed. Foo for potency and speed. It only takes about 15 min, I don't really pay attention but it's much faster than OP team.

Worst case scenario with this team is in P4 enrage could possibly creep up towards the end, in that case go manual and use advantage on CB and fracture for ez finish.

• Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    Great video, great team.

I run Zader, Thrawn, Jyn, FOO, Tarkin full auto solo. No need for transition stops.

Mod Thrawn, Jyn, Tarkin for speed. Foo for potency and speed. It only takes about 15 min, I don't really pay attention but it's much faster than OP team.

Worst case scenario with this team is in P4 enrage could possibly creep up towards the end, in that case go manual and use advantage on CB and fracture for ez finish.

Thx for info. Better than shore/krennic, but I still don't have FOO:) anu other ideas who can fit?
  • Nukin
    415 posts Member
    Options
    The new game update may change things in this video. Will test some more tonight!