My "Nerfed" Poe team kicked butt tonight.

RAMifications
189 posts Member
edited February 2016
Poe- nerfed. Phasma- nerfed. FOTP- nerfed

My pathetic 5-7 star team (Phasma 7*, Poe 5*, Rey 6*, QGJ 6*, FOTP 6*) -nerfed (visible to all to attack over the full 7* teams)

And how did I do? Took number 1 without effort defeating other teams whose Poe went first every time. And other non-Poe teams. Previously it was all up to RNG to see whose Poe went first.

Tonight it didn't matter if the other team went first and killed one character out right or nearly killed many. These guys came back in a blaze of glory each time!

I don't see the problem?

(I ended at 3rd due to lockout though :( )
--Nud Stark--

Replies

• Options
    For the thousandth time Phasma wasn't nerfed. A bug was fixed.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    semantics.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Options
    Poe is still good.
  • Options
    Rey, QGJ and FOTP? You can win with only three of them starting battle)) try to post similar stuff about f2p chars
  • LoveLoveRice
    182 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Rey, QGJ and FOTP? You can win with only three of them starting battle)) try to post similar stuff about f2p chars

Those are all free to play characters.
  • Options
    Rey qgj and fotp are f2p characters
    Maul lando and leia are not
  • Options

Guess you missed the point. With all the whining, I was simply pointing out my team did better -not worse- after the patch. I fully expected to be starting at Rank 200 instead of 30ish like usual since everyone can see that I have 2 glass cannons and significantly less *'s than everyone around me.

Since i started a rank 9 tonight (WAAAAY higher than ever before) one of two things happened in addition to how well they fought on offense tonight:
    1) They kicked butt on defense as well
    or
    2) They scared people off from attacking me.

#2 is unlikely as they all have better teams than I do.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    The upgrsded ",defense" is because the tsrgeting had been tightened in the top 40. Before, a top 14 or so could snipe you from 2nd spot, now he need to be closer. That means less people tsrget you
  • Options
    For the thousandth time Phasma wasn't nerfed. A bug was fixed.

That's right.
    NOT A NERF. BUG FIXED!!
  • Options
    Awesome! Glad to hear it went well
  • Options

Those are not free to play. If you are f2p, it will take months to get them starred (FOTP is 2 shards a day, Rey is 3 shards a day, and QGJ has only just been added to shipments). It is not possible for fully f2p players to have them at high stars now (i.e. High enough to be viable in top-5 arena fights)
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You could put a lot of other characters in that Poe slot and it would perform just as well if not better.

FOTP, Rey, QGJ is amazing dps. Phasma still works well with Poe I guess, but there are better options now

I'll probably keep mine in for now, I'm still unsure what my best lineup is
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

Those are not free to play. If you are f2p, it will take months to get them starred (FOTP is 2 shards a day, Rey is 3 shards a day, and QGJ has only just been added to shipments). It is not possible for fully f2p players to have them at high stars now (i.e. High enough to be viable in top-5 arena fights)

It's more than possible. I know numerous players who put the grind time in to farm them and now have them at 6 and 7*. Regardless of how long they take to farm, they can be farmed for free; making them f2p.
  • Options

Mine is only 6* but you get free energy and you get 3 free tries a day per node... What about that is not FTP? Rey's drop rate chromium is lower than shard farming lol.
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    Options
    They made it so every team can beat any other team so we can all feel like winners. Then the AI loses so you play chase your tail each day.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Mine is only 6* but you get free energy and you get 3 free tries a day per node... What about that is not FTP? Rey's drop rate chromium is lower than shard farming lol.

In 2 months yes. Now - no. And we are talking about now - arena battles are now, and gameplay changes of severe magnitude also took place just now. Not possible for a f2p to adapt immediately due to lack of these "elite" chars, at least at high star level - whereas previously it was possible to compete with QGJ and fotps even with plain vanilla chars as Sid, lumi, geo and any other farmable dps, with Poe as tank