Fix Maul's evasion baloney NOW!!!

CK_3030
177 posts Member
My Zylo vs Zaul 1 vs 1 at the end for the last 2 minutes of arena battle and I lost.

He evaded well more than 50% of the time no matter what attack and of course he regains HP after every hit that he lands.

I don't think anything more needs to be said other than Zaul isn't working as intended and that there's been an unusually high amount of swing & misses by Zylo even on characters that shouldn't be evading.

Fix this nonsense right away.

Replies

• slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    R2D2
  • Options
    My question is why is evasion even a thing it's complete garbage.. how can you even win when you can never hit them at all.. such a dumb aspect to this game, i get the occasional dodge but with maul it's over the top.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    R2D2

I'm working on other characters first before I start investing in everyone's favorite blue droid.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    My question is why is evasion even a thing it's complete garbage.. how can you even win when you can never hit them at all.. such a dumb aspect to this game, i get the occasional dodge but with maul it's over the top.

I have no problem with evasion being in the game, it just needs to be WAI because you're right, it's way over the top and always has been. It's a lot more than "20%".
  • Options
    CK_3030 wrote: »
    R2D2

I'm working on other characters first before I start investing in everyone's favorite blue droid.

He is good to reduce the Dodge, if that is your main problem, should rearrange your priorities.
  • Options
    He does have 45% evade by the time you get down to just him vs your zylo. But I agree it seems like he dodges even more than that sometimes
  • Options

I have no problem with evasion being in the game, it just needs to be WAI because you're right, it's way over the top and always has been. It's a lot more than "20%".

part of Maul's kit he gains 25% evasion after a second enemy is killed. So combined with his leader and natural dodge rate, a Maul 1 v 1 should evade >40% of your attacks. You want to kill Maul early if possible - he also gains more health steal and more critical chance as enemies are killed.

EP's shock is a great debuff on zDM and all evading Sith.
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    it is WAI as he gains evasion from the deaths...
  • slickdealer
    1801 posts Member
    Options
    R2D2

Well that is your fault.

Don't expect to beat Scissors with Paper.

Get the Rock.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    TLDR - “I lost and I’m mad!”
  • Options
    First rule - Kill Maul first. He's fragile and you don't want him to farm your entire team. :)
  • Riktoven
    144 posts Member
    Options
    His OP character is more OP than my OP character! Grumble grumble grumble.

zDM is ridiculous, but at least he requires a zeta and 4 dead teamates to do that.
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    Options
    R2D2

Well that is your fault.

Don't expect to beat Scissors with Paper.

Get the Rock.

This game is not a simple as Rock, Paper, Scissors.
    It's more like Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock. And it's all backwards.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    Options
    First rule - Kill Maul first. He's fragile and you don't want him to farm your entire team. :)

This is the key imho. Maul thrives on opponent kills, so you have to kill him before he gets that opportunity. If you focus on him first, he is easy to get rid of.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Leaving Maul until last and not using 1 of 2 toons that destroy evasion...R2 and B2 was your downfall. What did u expect ? There r ways to deal w/ every team in this game and there r roadblocks.

For example, take a double-zeta god-modded Cody led team of 5 clones vs. a solo zBariss w/ average mods. Guess what...she will time u out. A solo Savage will actually beat u.

Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    It is ridiculous and very annoying but there are plenty of counters. just use one of them.

I use EP to get the job done but have to employ a different strategy. I attack the ones I don't want to kill first until EP gets his turn and hopefully lands shock on maul or EP. there's no point attacking a toon unless they have immunity buff of some sort, because you know they're gonna stealth and send you round the houses.

As soon as I land shock, they're dead.
  • Options
    My Zylo vs Zaul 1 vs 1 at the end for the last 2 minutes of arena battle and I lost.

81ff10cc4958141ec453dabaf52cbbe8.400x225x83.gif

• WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    I'd reshift your priorities and get R2 if you're having issues with Zaul
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    R2D2

Well then there's your answer, end of thread. Stop asking them to change the game because the solutions they already presented aren't convenient enough for you.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.