Is Deathtrooper Viable?

Is he viable at 4 stars? I run a thrawn empire team and was thinking of gearing him up. I 2 started the node to farm him
I Like Wicket. A Lot.
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/c/chocolateytmc

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Yes he is. He has aoe dispel his terminate is very useful and he has automatic double tap against rebels
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Yes he is. He has aoe dispel his terminate is very useful and he has automatic double tap against rebels

Shoutout to you. Thanks for commenting on my many posts :)
    I Like Wicket. A Lot.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/c/chocolateytmc
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is at 6* now and not much has changed since I had him in my arena team before thrawn came out, his kit it's just devastating, so good makes me cry ^_^ I only tried him at gear XI though, I get #1 whenever I want and my team is Tarkin(L), kenobi-6*, nihilus-5*, DT-6*and Thrawn-6*.
    My mods are +93 for nihilus, 85 average for the 3 dps and 74 for kenobi.
    So only one 7* in my arena team and there is no one I can't beat, only struggle with zmaul leads due to rng, sometimes they just dodge everything ^_^

End point, DT paired with a nihilus that is a little slower it's demolishing combo.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Chocolate wrote: »
    Is he viable at 4 stars? I run a thrawn empire team and was thinking of gearing him up. I 2 started the node to farm him

When I started using DT in arena he was 3* g9 but a lot has changed since then (*he has never left my line up). Now I would say minimum for top end arena 5* g10 or 4* g11. Also it depends on the rest of the team. It's okay to have 1 toon a little sub par but if all 5 toons end up a little less than perfect it could be trouble.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Chocolate wrote: »

When I started using DT in arena he was 3* g9 but a lot has changed since then (*he has never left my line up). Now I would say minimum for top end arena 5* g10 or 4* g11. Also it depends on the rest of the team. It's okay to have 1 toon a little sub par but if all 5 toons end up a little less than perfect it could be trouble.

True what he said, I forgot to mention all my toons are gear XI, they never go on my arena team unless they are gear X plus 3-4 slots on, as a bare minimum, I am in a June shard (2016)
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    Mine is at 6* now and not much has changed since I had him in my arena team before thrawn came out, his kit it's just devastating, so good makes me cry ^_^ I only tried him at gear XI though, I get #1 whenever I want and my team is Tarkin(L), kenobi-6*, nihilus-5*, DT-6*and Thrawn-6*.
    My mods are +93 for nihilus, 85 average for the 3 dps and 74 for kenobi.
    So only one 7* in my arena team and there is no one I can't beat, only struggle with zmaul leads due to rng, sometimes they just dodge everything ^_^

End point, DT paired with a nihilus that is a little slower it's demolishing combo.

What, if any zetas do you have in this lineup?
  • Options
    I have the same line up as Tofu and 2x Zetas on Tarkin (not needed), 2x on Nihilus (obv leader zeta not needed), 1 zeta on Thrawn. It's very strong.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Options
    Yes,very
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Options
    I love my Death Trooper had hum 7* weeks ago and max gear my empire team can wreak havoc on most other teams and carry my GW from start to finish ^-^
  • Options
    Deathtrooper is very viable, but dont tell the masses, i am hoping it doesnt catch on :)
    "You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

https://swgoh.gg/u/humblemaverick/

• Options
    I had him in my lineup at G11 and 5* and he was amazing! Made a huge difference to my team dynamic, as well as giving me another devastating ability with his deathmark... paired with Nihilus, they are a very deadly combo!
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    Options
    A fast deathtrooper under a ZTarkin, ZThrawn or Zader lead is pretty killer
  • Keeper32
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I love my DT. He's on his way to G11 and he devastates jedi and rebel teams. His Daze/Stun double tap on rebels is so good to throw a wrench in Chaze, Wiggs or whatever rebel, really. Stripping buffs with AoE, heal immunity and deathmark are so very useful.
    I got him to 7* last week. He is not leaving my arena team anytime soon!
    My Rex(L), Palp, Veers, ShT, DT team is fun. Gets me to just about top 20 on my Nov 2016 shard. It's not perfect. Just fun.