Beginners Guide - It's all about the tables

Replies

• Options
    Nice guide -thanks
    Seems like there's a bunch of twists in the Abilities as well, for example Chewie's bowcaster at L3 gives a 25% chance to remove 50% turn meter making characters less one-dimensional as you progress up the abilities.

I'm putting resources into more 'All Ally' effect characters hoping they give me a more efficient platform and hoping further twists appear higher up the charts
  • Options
    Not saying I'm piling into Chewie though - playing him less & less now with Poe becoming my default tank
  • Options
    Noob question how do you strategically retreat in GW? I can't find anywhere to click to retreat
  • Options
    Noob question how do you strategically retreat in GW? I can't find anywhere to click to retreat

Hit the gear icon in the top left and then hit retreat. You can only do this once the enemy has taken some action first.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    Ah ok thx
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Ah ok thx
    You can also force close the app if you lose a hero and it's as if the previous battle didn't occur.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    I have published a farming guide in addition to this guide to help make decisions.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5353/f2p-hero-farming-guide
  • Options
    This is a great guide. Thanks for taking the time and posting. I just wish I'd found this sooner. I have wasted SO many resources unlocking and leveling up lots of characters. I almost wish there was a way to start over.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Darth_Ogre wrote: »
    This is a great guide. Thanks for taking the time and posting. I just wish I'd found this sooner. I have wasted SO many resources unlocking and leveling up lots of characters. I almost wish there was a way to start over.
    What are you using to play?
  • Cragsi
    11 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Keaven Apologies for sounding like a total eejit (I'm not, honest) but what's farming? I started to read through your thread and most of it went over my head (I don't have Drax's reflexes). Any chance of giving me a heads up on what I should be doing? Nice one.

P.S I've also noticed a lot of people have Sid, Poe etc. How have they gotten them that early?
  • Options
    Cragsi wrote: »
    @Keaven Apologies for sounding like a total eejit (I'm not, honest) but what's farming? I started to read through your thread and most of it went over my head (I don't have Drax's reflexes). Any chance of giving me a heads up on what I should be doing? Nice one.

P.S I've also noticed a lot of people have Sid, Poe etc. How have they gotten them that early?

I'm not @Keaven , though I can tell you what farming is. It's basically playing battles to collect character shards. )Like playing cantina battles over and over to collect more and more. Get it?)
  • Options
    I don't know I am pretty sure the most important thing to spend your energy on as a f2p player is farming ewok elder shards. If you do not start on day one and you do not max it out you will not have him in time for GW and you won't get him to 4stars by lvl 60 and as f2p he makes SO much difference. Like literally sooooo much easier you will save yourself hours of resets just by farming this guy and all it costs is 36 energy a day and if you waste days by spending all your energy on gear and miss these shards you are totally shooting yourself in the foot because those 4 pieces of gear will not come anywhere close to the value this guy has in GW.

Like he is literally the reason I have been able to complete GW as f2p every day with relative ease and completing GW is IMO the most important thing for character progression. He also makes 3starring all light side missions a breeze.
  • Options
    Cheers @DarthMan08
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    There is better ways to spend 32 energy per day than farming Ewok Elder shards.

No doubt he has helped you in your game, but there are many different heroes that can help in missions and GW for various reasons.

People have been refreshing hard missions to farm Barriss and Dooku to now find them farmable in Cantina missions from the cap raise update.
  • Options
    @Keavan
    As a noob, can you tell me what's a "cap raise"? Also in previous posts somewhere I read Dooku was for sale for $4.99. How long was that for and was it in the Store?

Many thanks!
  • Options
    Jokes? I made a new totally f2p acc and at level 40 all of my main characters are gear capped by level (need 43) with plenty of items for crafting new things...

Not spending it on hard nodes early on sets you back way more than not spending a little energy gear to get one or two items a day later. I wouldn't underestimate how useful that guy is in pve Oo
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    @Keavan
    As a noob, can you tell me what's a "cap raise"? Also in previous posts somewhere I read Dooku was for sale for $4.99. How long was that for and was it in the Store?

Many thanks!
    Cap refers to the level cap which was 60 and is now 70.

Whenever someone starts a game they have different packs available, and initially the dark side bundle had Dooku.

He's now farmable later in the game on Cantina missions level 7. This unlocks at level 69.
  • Options
    @Keaven Thank you!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    @Keaven Thank you!
    You're welcome.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated section on GW.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    In light of the coming changes to balance damage vs speed, and cap raise it is wise to stockpile credits, purple gear, tier III ability mats, and training droids. Only use these items if you need to improve your current arena squad to rank each day.

It will take 2M to level heroes from 70 to 80 and 4.4M credits to level from scratch as the new meta unfolds, plus 2M to 7☆ from scratch.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated GW section in light of addition of protection.
  • Options
    @Keaven How can toons such as Leia only available in Chromium be farmed to 7*? Do you have to keep buying data packs hoping you will unlock more of the same shards? Assuming a toon comes out of the pack with 4* it will take 250 more shards to promote to 7*?

Thanks for updating the protection. Still unsure if I like the 4/14 update or not.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    @Keaven How can toons such as Leia only available in Chromium be farmed to 7*? Do you have to keep buying data packs hoping you will unlock more of the same shards? Assuming a toon comes out of the pack with 4* it will take 250 more shards to promote to 7*?

Thanks for updating the protection. Still unsure if I like the 4/14 update or not.
    Yes. Leia is currently only farmable in chromium packs. She is quite a common drop though. Most chromium farmers have her at 7☆. Leia is a 2☆ hero.
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Roc_Laivindur
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    I don't know I am pretty sure the most important thing to spend your energy on as a f2p player is farming ewok elder shards.

I've seen a lot of super successful strategies, don't think this is the only one, but early on I got an Ewok Elder full character from a bronzium card and having him built up as I've gone along has definitely made a huge difference for me, not least of all because he's so versatile - that heal/cleanse/revive has been a lifesaver in GW, Raids, and earlier Arena squads before I had Rey and Phasma.

Edit: Also helps a ton in LS battles that I need to 3-star.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated to include mod and guild tables.
  • Options
    Wish I had known about this forum when I started a note to beginner's don't try to level to many it will hurt later. Found this out to late spent a lot on character's really not using. Realised later shouldn't have.
  • Options
    Some changes made to OP.
  • Options
    Great comprehensive guide, Keaven, thanks for taking the time to make it and for sharing it. :)