Zeta challenge is the worst thing about this game

MasterSeedy
5045 posts Member
Seriously.

I have to focus resources, time & energy for MONTHS on getting qualified for the zeta challenge. Then when I do, ships are DESIGNED to require reinforcements, but I can't sim the challenge because I can't 3* the thing.

Now it becomes 20 more minutes of chores 3x a week - really, EA?

Why make a game about doing chores? What is the point? I jumped through your hoops. My ships can win the challenge fairly easily, but I can't just push a button or two and be done with the hting.

The challenge is not interesting. It's the same fight every time. There is NO FUN in doing this stupid fight over and over. I was told by everyone to focus on just getting your ships to 5* becuase the challenge was easy once you got there.

Well, I think it's bad enough that you have challenges that have a minimum level requirement. If the difficulty is set correctly, then people will complete challenges at the right stage in the course of the game regardless of level. If some people choose to focus on finishing one challenge early, it means that other challenges will be done later.

So it's bad enough that you have these arbitrary unlocking qualifications, but then when I do all the boring accumulation of blueprints and pilots' shards and what not, all I get is 60 more minutes a week of doing the same thing over and over again. It doesn't add fun. It adds a chore.

I don't want more chores. I'm unlikely to quit before I complete my first zeta since I've come this far, but I'm seriously upset that this isn't something I can sim - ESPECIALLY since ships are designed for ships to die and be reinforced.

At bare minimum, you should be able to sim any battle you finished with 5 ships remaining in your squad + reinforcements, but really the whole idea of 3*ing a battle from regular squads that involve regular healing and more choice in when you taunt translates terribly to ship combat.

GET RID OF THE CHORES.

Though I'm not leaving before I get my first zeta, this is the kind of thing that is going to make me leave the game soon, and certainly makes me ill disposed towards the game and thus less likely to spend real money on it.

I don't spend money on the opportunity to do a chore. I'm not excited at adding another chore to my to do list. I spend money on the opportunity to do something fun, to learn something new, to explore a new space.

The zeta challenge is a failure on a massive scale - and I never even realized how badly you'd failed until I unlocked the thing yesterday.

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    5045 posts Member
    Options
    AND I got no zetas today.

I'm pretty tolerant of RNG normally, but this terrible design has me in a bad mood already, then to actually do the chore and get nothing for it is FAR WORSE than simming and getting nothing but knowing that RNG will be different a couple days from now.

NO MORE CHORES, EA.
  • Options
    I don't agree. The challenge is not difficult. You're supposed to have better ships at that stage of your game.

But zetas drop rate are really horrible. That's what they should fix. Once you have qualified for the event what's the point in waiting that much?
  • Arkham
    275 posts Member
    Options

I'm pretty tolerant of RNG normally, but this terrible design has me in a bad mood already, then to actually do the chore and get nothing for it is FAR WORSE than simming and getting nothing but knowing that RNG will be different a couple days from now.

NO MORE CHORES, EA.

Why do you want zetas?
    So you can spend 30 minutes every day climbing to the top of your pvp ladder, always fighting the same 5 teams?
    So you can spend 1 hour a week fighting with the same squad in the same 4 raid phases?
    So you can beat that hard node with 3 stars and then sim it every day for the next 6 months?
    So you can beat the same 12 teams in GW every day?
    What do you find enjoyable about all the other chores that make up this game? Maybe you can try to find that same enjoyment in the zeta challenge.
    Enthusiast of undervalued toons, general dismisser of trends,
    https://swgoh.gg/u/arkham/, A Team
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options

NO MORE CHORES, EA.

Sorry - but everyone farming Zetas has had to do this task or chore as you put it.

While building my fleets I focussed on my toons - crew members to be exact and found wich ones were easy to farm, level up and hold my fleet position. I then farmed zetas right out the store so I could continue trying to maintain my arena rank and gw completion.

Once I had enough ships I finally managed to get the zeta challenge and 3 starred it I believe on my second attempt - its not that hard, plus there are more ships to farm now too.

Once passed it isn't anything even worth thinking about anymore.

So, sorry to say you just have to suck it up farm away and get it done like the rest of us. I am f2p by the way, so if I can do it, you can.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Pffft