Record button missing

For a while I had a little red button on the screen that let me record either in game video or take screenshots but for the last couple of months this has vanished.

It originally just appeared I did not install it but I did like it.

Any ideas how I get it back, I have a Galaxy 7 edge with marshmallow OS.

Replies

• Options
    Dunno about that, but the Google Play Games achievement-tracking app can launch SWGOH, record the screen, and then upload your video to Youtube when you stop the recording.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    The app is called Game Launcher.
  • Options
    'Az screen recorder' in the google play store is free & has worked well for me.
  • Options
    'Az screen recorder' in the google play store is free & has worked well for me.

True, this app works great :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    The app is called Game Launcher.
    One of Samsung's many Android customizations/add-ons.

OP, some of Samsung's apps are offered through the Google Play app store, but some of them may not be. If you've never used the Samsung app store, it could be that you installed a system update that broke compatibility with the Game Launcher app. Sign in to the Samsung app store and see if Game Launcher has an update available.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    I've got Samsung S7 Edge and it was one of the stock apps. OP could have possibly disabled the app via settings also.
  • Options
    It is called game tools, I found it in the settings for the device optimisation. Did not need the game launcher.

Marshmallow update must have disabled it.