How to mod zqgj, Jka, Ezra, kenobi and zr2d2

Hi,

If anyone running the above team in arena could comment I'd be really grateful. I am going to be moving to this arena team tomorrow when I buy the last zeta for r2. I'm just wondering which turn order I should make them go in?

I've noticed when facing this team a slower enemy r2 can be challenging because if you hammer down the enemy kenobi too much the enemy r2 will stealth kenobi. So should my r2 be slightly slower (maybe 200 speed)

Also I have a zeta yoda battle meditation. Would the team be more difficult to face if I ran zqgj zyoda Ezra kenobi and zr2?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Replies

• Options
    Anyone?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

JKA has been removed. Yoda is in his place and modded fyi.

It's not showing the new modding until it syncs tomorrow I guess. But GK, Ezra and QGJ show properly
  • banjo1071
    312 posts Member
    Options
    First of all: speed is king! Secondly: I would not swap out JKA. You will need some punch. Zoda is fancy an all, but if you go against Chaze (and you will), you will need JKA (healimmunity, punch).
    QGJ should be fastest, Kenobi second. That will make your opening move real cool. QGJ dipelles Baze, everyone gets offense up, Kenobi an all his friend hammer down the enemy key-toon...
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ezra is more punch than JKA. Back-to-back 20k crits on basic, plus an assist call and a dispel while JKA hangs out and exposes himself. No thx. But hey, my average Arena rank is only 2 on a Launch shard. I must have no clue.
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you. I actually don't have a lot of chaze left on my shard. It's mainly zqgj and empire teams. I'll try both of the combinations you suggested and see how I go
  • Options
    banjo1071 wrote: »
    First of all: speed is king! Secondly: I would not swap out JKA. You will need some punch. Zoda is fancy an all, but if you go against Chaze (and you will), you will need JKA (healimmunity, punch).
    QGJ should be fastest, Kenobi second. That will make your opening move real cool. QGJ dipelles Baze, everyone gets offense up, Kenobi an all his friend hammer down the enemy key-toon...

You would have qgj go before Yoda for the battle meditation?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I want Yoda 1st. R2 adds so much, I want foresight and tenacity on him fast.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    I want Yoda 1st. R2 adds so much, I want foresight and tenacity on him fast.

I remember seeing another jedi related post somewhere from you. I also remember you have a number jedi comp in your shard. What's your thoughts on ezra. Also my team is qgj, gk, Yoda, r2 and ezra. What turn order would you advise.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I prefer Yoda 1st so I get foresight and tenacity on R2. I have Ezra at +108 going 2nd so he can strip Baze's taunt. Then QGJ strips GK's taunt, everyone has offense up and I use GK's assist call to kill Chirrut.
  • Ted
    71 posts Member
    Options
    I run the comp you mentioned in the title thread. I just switched over recently from qgjz, ani, GK, yoda, r2.

https://swgoh.gg/u/eddieae86/

I don't move mods around much so it should be accurate. Double r2 zeta is a must if replacing yoda with Ezra. I kinda miss yodas utility so I'm still toying with the team composition.
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

JKA has been removed. Yoda is in his place and modded fyi.

It's not showing the new modding until it syncs tomorrow I guess. But GK, Ezra and QGJ show properly
    banjo1071 wrote: »

Thanks both for your advice. I appreciate either team can probably top arena but I have to go with poxx on this one. Since running zqgj zr2d2 zyoda kenobi and Ezra I am smashing arena. I was already finishing first with 1 refresh but now I am smashing the teams I previously couldn't beat. I rarely lose a character
  • Options
    Ezra and JKA I would give offense and critical chance secundaries. People used to think that you need just speed, but that's not true. QGJ leads already give you +30 speed. My JKA has a critical damage and a critical chance sets with offence and critical chance secundaries, and a bit of speed. He is hitting like a truck, Ezra can do it too.

GK needs to survive as much as he can do, so give him a lot of protection and tenacity sets. Speed on secundaries make him great by the way.

I'm liking my R2 with a lot of speed. He can "taunt" GK at the begnning and it makes a lot of difference. A potency set with a potency cross will help his stun.

On QGJ I'm trying some crit damage and crit chance right now, he hits pretty hard sometimes. However I used to mod him with speed and try to make him more tank to increase his survival.

Yoda needs to be as fast as possible, but try to increase his damage too, he could helps more your team like that.

I run zBarris on my team and her increase on survibilty is amazing, especially on GK. My team right now: zQGJ, zBarris, GK, JKA and zR2D2.

I expect that it helps you. I have run jedi for more then a year on arena's top 3 and they always destroy the meta teams if you be smart!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A cool trick w/ Ezra is to call GK. Ezra and GK getting 40% prot back is nice...especially GK and it can exceed initial prot level. Considering R2 gives 10% of his max prot...u have a GK w/ 70k+ prot and 40% is 28k...pretty handy. If everyone has a buff, GK does double damage. Boosted by the offense shared by R2, his basic is no joke.

Personally, I can't see zBariss in a jedi squad. It's a huge hit to damage, zzR2 and GK cover cleanses and Yoda/QGJ can b dropped w/out her heal proccing as it comes after the damage and they r squishy.

I also couldn't imagine running w/out Yoda. Foresight and Tenacity Up on R2 to start r just too good, plus he gives u a 2nd stunner.
  • Options
    Yep Ezra allows you call whoever is most helpful at the time. I've been calling r2 for stuns and tm for Ezra so he stacks offence quicker
  • Deingesicht
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Why is r2 so powerful on a jedi squad? I have a zQGJ, GK, Zarriss, Ezra, JKA (I was thinking of changing JKA for Yoda though)? Thanks

I only have r2 at 5* - would he be arena viable at this level?
  • Options
    Would Aayla work in that team? I was building towards zQGJ, ZR2D2, Aayla, Ezra, and GK. Would she be a good fit or would JKA be better in her place?
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    R2 provides a huge dps boost and health/protection gain with number crunch. That's why R2 is a staple
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Joseph_Quinn
    26 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    A cool trick w/ Ezra is to call GK. Ezra and GK getting 40% prot back is nice...especially GK and it can exceed initial prot level. Considering R2 gives 10% of his max prot...u have a GK w/ 70k+ prot and 40% is 28k...pretty handy. If everyone has a buff, GK does double damage. Boosted by the offense shared by R2, his basic is no joke.

Personally, I can't see zBariss in a jedi squad. It's a huge hit to damage, zzR2 and GK cover cleanses and Yoda/QGJ can b dropped w/out her heal proccing as it comes after the damage and they r squishy.

I also couldn't imagine running w/out Yoda. Foresight and Tenacity Up on R2 to start r just too good, plus he gives u a 2nd stunner.

My arena is full of Rex lead with GK and Chaze, so zBarris give a lot of survibility to the team. Someone with low damage like Baze or even Rex makes GK health's bar unchanged and if he falls 50% and recover right after, Anakin will gain his bonus atack. Imagine that happens a lot on a battle, Anakin has a lot of fun lol. And of course Barris can heal and make this all happens again. If I had not so many Chazes on my arena, I would probably not need zBarris so much.

Against another teams, zBarris works well too and I don't have problems, but I agree that another Jedi, like Yoda, could work better here.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    My jedi r in a race...i am either facing Thrawn or Nihilus or both. I need every bit of damage I can squeeze out of my team as fast as I possibly can.

I play jedi like droids...**** 2 the wall full out offense. If I need a healer, it's too late 4 me. I need to kill what is gonna make me need a healer instead.

I wish I could ditch Yoda honestly but the tenacity buff is too good and I like R2 starting w/ tenacity and foresight too.

I'll drop Baze's taunt and use GK's assist call to kill Chirrut. I wouldn't have the damage to pull that off w/ zBariss.