Changes to Arena Team Necessary?

Fizzik
114 posts Member
I am having an issue where overnight I drop to around 20-30. I don't have too much of an issue climbing back up to the higher ranks, but it's still a heavy drop. I currently use Rex (L), GK, Boba, Darth Nihilus, and R2D2. Judging from my character list, who do you think I should replace?
swgoh.gg/u/fizzik/

Replies

• Options
    Noob
  • WreakerOfClash
    269 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Noob

Woah someone is hostile. Why don't you show us what you have if you're so high and mighty?
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Options
    Fizzik wrote: »
    I am having an issue where overnight I drop to around 20-30. I don't have too much of an issue climbing back up to the higher ranks, but it's still a heavy drop. I currently use Rex (L), GK, Boba, Darth Nihilus, and R2D2. Judging from my character list, who do you think I should replace?
    swgoh.gg/u/fizzik/

I would probably say Boba, or Rex. Rex's lead seems to be getting farther and farther out of the meta with Thrawn and zVader, and Boba is the least reliable in your squad. I would say gear Thrawn to 10 or 11, and swap out Boba for him.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Options
    1) No triple-cleanse to keep you in top contention on defense.
    2) DN too slow and will be a sitting duck vs faster DN's and will more than likely never get a chance to reduce cooldowns even once.
    3) GK too slow to really do anything for the team - another sitting duck.

If you're lacking the mods, DN+GK should be swapped out for Chaze and if you want to speed up DN, maybe swap Boba's mods over and remove him.
  • Fizzik
    114 posts Member
    Options
    2) DN too slow and will be a sitting duck vs faster DN's and will more than likely never get a chance to reduce cooldowns even once.

If you're lacking the mods, DN+GK should be swapped out for Chaze and if you want to speed up DN, maybe swap Boba's mods over and remove him.

Should I swap Boba for TFP?
  • Options

No because buff immunity will just be cleansed. If you want a dispeller, you're better off using B2 seeing that Mauls are on the decline. Boba/TFP are just too squishy too. You want something that will last long in the battle and gain as much TM as possible to retaliate vs faster teams.

Sample teams in my shard are:
    • Rex, Chaze, B2, Zylo
    • Rex, Zylo, DN, Chaze
    • Rex, GK, Zariss, Chaze
    • Rex, Chaze, Boba, GK
  • Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Assuming those mods on your arena team are your best speed mods you have, I'm afraid there isn't much you can do to prevent your ranking drops on defense regardless who you swap in/out. You will just have to work your way up every day to get the best possible rank at payout. To be honest you should feel lucky about your shard. Those speed mods you have on my shard would have you holding top 50 at best on defense.
  • Fizzik
    114 posts Member
    Options

No because buff immunity will just be cleansed. If you want a dispeller, you're better off using B2 seeing that Mauls are on the decline. Boba/TFP are just too squishy too. You want something that will last long in the battle and gain as much TM as possible to retaliate vs faster teams.

Sample teams in my shard are:
    • Rex, Chaze, B2, Zylo
    • Rex, Zylo, DN, Chaze
    • Rex, GK, Zariss, Chaze
    • Rex, Chaze, Boba, GK

I just substantially increased both DN and GK's speed (GK went up by 64, Nihilus around 30). I will let you know if it works. Thanks for the help brother!
  • Options
    Swap out boba for sure. Zeta barris or Kylo Ren zeta would be way harder beat
  • Fizzik
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Swap out boba for sure. Zeta barris or Kylo Ren zeta would be way harder beat

Don't have any of those unfortunately.