QCJ Humbling Blow bugged?

I may be misunderstanding the ability or didnt catch an update in the patch notes but mine is at rank6 and so far has failed to provide the offence buff on two occasions - once when removing offence up from a geo soldier and once removing advantage from phasma (both in GW). Both hits landed and both targets lost their buffs but my team recieved no buff.
Not sure what to make of it!

Replies

• Options
    This special like most others can be resisted. It doesn't happen often because QJC has crazy high potency. One other thing I have noticed is when his humbling blow delivers a kill shot it seems you NEVER get the buff.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah. And if your hit on Phasma was the second blow, she automatically loses her Advantage, rendering Humbling Blow useless.
  • Options
    If the ability is resisted then the debuff shouldn't be removed. Resisting it should have nothing to do with providing offense up if the debuff is removed.
  • Options
    I've never gotten offense up from it.
  • Options
    Zotics wrote: »
    If the ability is resisted then the debuff shouldn't be removed. Resisting it should have nothing to do with providing offense up if the debuff is removed.

Yeah exactly - it wasn't resisted as they lost their buff.
  • Options
    Were you under the effects of offense down? the status icons of offense up and offense down share the same spot and will conceal one another from being properly displayed.

As for killing a target, the offense up buff only occurs if a buff is removed. When you kill a target, the buff isnt being removed, as dead heroes have no buffs. The damage of the hit happens before the buff clear, so if you kill your target with the move, you wont gain the offense up buff.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    If you hit a character with a buff that disappears just by being hit, then QGJ's ability doesn't get credit for it. Not sure if that is how it is meant to work, but that's how it is.
  • Options
    Other posters are correct. You won't get credit if the blows kills the other character either.