Game changing idea...

Make Taunts stop AOE attacks. If a taunt is up, only single target attacks will work. Tanks would have a purpose again. This would really change things on both sides. Imagine no AOE from the Rancor when a taunt is up.

Thoughts?

Replies

• sc7606
    97 posts Member
    Options
    This is how taunts used to work. They changed this because it completely neutered any character that relies on aoe. It was removing this (among other things) that gave rise to the Lando meta. In these days of auto-taunt, pre-taunt etc this seems way too op.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    sc7606 wrote: »
    This is how taunts used to work. They changed this because it completely neutered any character that relies on aoe. It was removing this (among other things) that gave rise to the Lando meta. In these days of auto-taunt, pre-taunt etc this seems way too op.

Wait what?

Really? I don't recall that at all. .. are you sure?

Anyway that's a bad idea, you are basically giving any taunt an AB attached to it, just no.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Wait what?

Anyway that's a bad idea, you are basically giving any taunt an AB attached to it, just no.

The AI worked that way yes - so if you taunted, the AI would not use AOE, it would use basic attacks...which totally defeated the purpose of running AOE toons.

Rumpel,...from my view tanks run the game. GK, Shore, and Baze I can't turn around without seeing them and often 2 of them on every team that I have to navigate. Shore heals like crazy, Chaze is an unkillable machine if you go through Baze, and GK is a massive tank with foresight spam you blow attacks on. We need more stuff like Thrawn and Boba's taunt evade to handle these crazy taunt spamming tanks.

My guess is what we need is more of the other tanks aside from these 3 to not be so terrible? There's just a huge gap from the top few down to the rest. Sith Trooper, Poe and FOST are pretty solid in certain teams, but after that you really get thin and most of the tanks are flat out terrible.
  • Options
    That would not be good.
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options

Wait what?

The AI worked that way yes - so if you taunted, the AI would not use AOE, it would use basic attacks...which totally defeated the purpose of running AOE toons.

Rumpel,...from my view tanks run the game. GK, Shore, and Baze I can't turn around without seeing them and often 2 of them on every team that I have to navigate. Shore heals like crazy, Chaze is an unkillable machine if you go through Baze, and GK is a massive tank with foresight spam you blow attacks on. We need more stuff like Thrawn and Boba's taunt evade to handle these crazy taunt spamming tanks.

My guess is what we need is more of the other tanks aside from these 3 to not be so terrible? There's just a huge gap from the top few down to the rest. Sith Trooper, Poe and FOST are pretty solid in certain teams, but after that you really get thin and most of the tanks are flat out terrible.

Truth
  • Options
    Like no . Aoe is just that aoe. When im in a battle and i got that one toon like palp ready to die and royal g syarta his taunting i couldnt hit him witj an aoe to finish his punk b u t t off. Man that would make this game insane . Tanks with taunt would be the meta by far. Nobody could do anything. Naw keep the aoe as is. It keeps the game more intresting. An aoe puts the hurting on all foes like it should . How couls sth or poe or rg cover the squad from lasers coming frim the sky ? How big are they? No just no bad idea.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Wait what?

Oh. Ok, not the same thing. Got it.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Actually the tradition of tanks dealing low dps is not observed here in Baze, etc.. They aren't tanks, they are hybrids with auto taunts. If increasing revenues was not their goal, they would either be damage dealers or tanks not both. If how they work is fair, then give Barriss a BFG that heals her squad fully everytime she attacks."que money by Pink Floyd".

Dark One request.. EVERYONE needs to farm Chaze, and put them in Rebel teams until there are no other groups out there.. (Then see how fast we'll see what unbalanced, over powered teams they can throw at us).

*vanishes*
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    this is **** lol... would make GK and Baze even more OP.