Non meta arena teams you use and see?

Check_It
376 posts Member
Hey everyone! I've been around since day one of the game so I've seen pretty much every meta to date... that's made things rather boring for me; constantly fighting the same people and same teams over and over again.

Now, I know there is a meta but the game has progressed to a point where tons of different teams can still win a fight and rank high, if not first (In the past if you wanted to be first you had to have the poe droids).

So I was curious! What are some non meta teams you use or have seen make their way up the leaderboard? Who still uses some creativity to make a different team?

I personally have been using a zPhasma lead zKylo zFOTP zBoba and General Kenobi team that has gotten me first for several weeks in a row now. I don't last on defense at all but in my opinion that's more fun to battle my way back up through the triple cleansers, thrawn empires, sith etc.

I see this one guy on my server constantly switch his team which is fun. Recently he's using leia lead baze Sabine chirrut and nihilus. Fun team and is interesting to see someone different! Quite refreshing.

So tell me some of the teams you roll and see!

Replies

• Options
    wiggs, chirrut, EP, Maul
    I have all of them gear 8-10 7* (except Chirrut he s 6* yet) and only lvl 80-82.
    i am around top 200 while almost everyone overpowers me arenapowerwise by 4-10k (in old power form)
    I am on a 2015 nov shard.
    I am competely satisfied with the rank.

The reason I dont max them is that currently i never get real hard enemies in GW, so i can complete it easily.
    I will max them out only when i have a decent all around roster.
    (currently i have 17 toon with 7* and gear 8-10, and many are still in progress and near to 7* gear 8.)
  • Options
    I finish in top 3 using a Zaul EP Vader DN B2 team. I don' t know if I qualify, but sith aren't the meta for a long time, and I don't think they ever were without Sass and SiT. Also I am the only one using B2 in top 50 in my shard.
  • DarrikJokell
    4 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    zDNz lead EP zYoda GK and ... STHan

Works pretty well both offensively and defensively actually ;)

Top5 everyday and never have fallen above top15 at night / january 2016 shard

edit: speed mods 100+ for each toon ... it does help ^^
  • Options
    Tarkin(l), Thrawn, GK, DT, DN. Getting more popular though.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Veers(L), DT, Snow, Thrawn, and shore
    Good on offense, bad in defense
  • Shaheen
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Bobba lead zarris r2 zylo and sthan.. not meta and only reach top 50 ish
  • Options
    Rex(L), Bistan, EPalp, ST Han, Death Trooper.

Rank 3 on my server at the moment, and I regularly snipe rank 1.
  • Options
    I use First Order squad in arena. I hated cap phas when i first started in dec 16 but ahe grew on me. As far as being top ...no nor for me. Not geared all the way though Zylo and my fotp are g11 getting my next zeta soon goes to ol cap phas . I had to collect ships thays why im behind in zetas.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Nihilus (L), Thrawn, Stormtrooper Han, Dooku, Palpatine.
    Top 100 every day... Not a great team on defense, but good on offense
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Thrawn zeta lead, Veers, Deathrooper, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard.

I'm planning on changing RG to Shoretrooper when I get him. It is quite fun, can easily win against zJyn lead, zMaul lead, rekts zVader, it's a bit harder against Rex, and hard against jedi, but I'm maintaining top 50 every day since I geared Thrawn up and tried out different combos.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options

Even though this comp isn't that popular you really can't count it considering how meta most of those toons are. It's the squad I run and it's pretty **** meta.
  • Check_It
    376 posts Member
    Options
    I use First Order squad in arena. I hated cap phas when i first started in dec 16 but ahe grew on me. As far as being top ...no nor for me. Not geared all the way though Zylo and my fotp are g11 getting my next zeta soon goes to ol cap phas . I had to collect ships thays why im behind in zetas.

Hey my first Order brother!

• Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I take Rank 1 most days with my Rogue 1 squad. zJyn, K2SO, Chaze, Cassian. Not great on defense, but let's be honest, teams that are good on defense are only that way due to GK and Nihilus.
  • DarthGazza
    339 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I change it up a lot but today I have been having fun with zPhazma, Zylo, FOO, TFP and Boba Fett
  • Options
    Running a straight forward pure Four Zeta First Order.
    I can run up to 1st nightly, but sitting back in a swap out for 3rd & 4th, as I have a discord channel set up for Arena payouts for my shard. Normally, as of late falling back to 15-20 spot overnight, as they are not exactly strong in Def. Offense wise, they are pretty solid still, Late Dec 2016 shard
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I can take first during my payout among many Wiggs-Chaze and Rex-Chaze-DN combos on my March 2017 shard.
    I use the following team comps, depending on who I face:

Lando (L) - Boba- STHan - EP - QGJ (most Wiggs-Chaze teams and Rogue1 teams), very fast mods on this one
    OR
    EP (L) - Vader - Boba - Thrawn - QGJ (most Rex-led teams, some of which already have GK, or DN Sith teams)

All g10 except Thrawn (g8) and QGJ (g11).

QGJ seems odd here but he really has great utility for me in dispelling Baze or GK, removing TM from someone like DN before he can dispel my taunter, and granting offense up for the team.
  • gpeeee
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I alternate between Nihilus (L), Zavage, Zooku, SA and ST
    Have been using my new one much more, it's more fun. Krennic (L), DT, Shore, Thrawn, TFP
  • Options
    I use zKrennic, zDT, Snow, Shore, Veers. Hold top 100. Tons of fun synergy!
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I vary my team every day. Depending on who I battle, is switch it up every fight as well.
    But I m stick with the DN/dooku combo wombo, it's so fun!!
    Usually will run DN/dooku/assassin/savage/gk but lately been running DN/dooku/zylo/thrawn/gk.
    I will say having good speed mods solidifies this team but running DN lead I never lose on offense.
  • Options

I've been running this with Shore instead of GK.
  • Rotor
    473 posts Member
    Options
    Rex (l), Chaze, DN, DT (he works better than r2d2, zkylo)
  • Wjedi
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin lead , DT, nilly , zylo and Vader (29th my best atm)only tarkin lead on my shard of team instinct / dark lords kinda happy with that