Wound in the Force (zDN) silly question

The zeta boost: "At the start of each of enemy turn, DN inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns"

I want to make sure I understand the mechanism before I spend this zeta. Is it really worth it in practice to increase cooldowns more steadily? What are the pitfalls, especially against cleanser teams?

I'm running: Rex (L), Chaze, R2Z2 and DN.

Excluding Baze that has to be slow on purpose given that I don't have GK, DN is my slowest character with 195 speed.

Replies

• Options
    It's not the worst option, particularly if you use him in your arena team, but likewise it isn't the first to do either. It's a luxury zeta.

If you're getting #1 each day I'd look elsewhere, if you're not then it does help.
  • Options
    It's huge on offense against Thrawn leads, which are going to get more popular. Empire characters will use the cleanse if they have any debuff. This means they will always use the cleanse if it's not on cooldown if a zeta DN is on the other team.
  • Options
    NahWillis wrote: »
    It's not the worst option, particularly if you use him in your arena team, but likewise it isn't the first to do either. It's a luxury zeta.

If you're getting #1 each day I'd look elsewhere, if you're not then it does help.

Thx for your 2 cents. Would you zeta R2's combat analysis over wound in the force in my arena team? I already have number crunch.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It's huge on offense against Thrawn leads, which are going to get more popular. Empire characters will use the cleanse if they have any debuff. This means they will always use the cleanse if it's not on cooldown if a zeta DN is on the other team.

I have R2's burning for that but I agree R2 might not be the fastest toon out there hence zDN would make sense since Health Down starts at the beginning of enemies' turns...

Do I get this right?

Would Thrawn dispel Health Down on himself in his first turn?
  • Options
    NahWillis wrote: »

Thx for your 2 cents. Would you zeta R2's combat analysis over wound in the force in my arena team? I already have number crunch.

I've got both, and both in my arena team. I like the extra cleanse R2 gives because I don't run Rex, and it goes well in P4. It completely nerfs Boba's ability block too, as Chaze basically cleanse themselves immediately. But it's probably in the luxury category too. You won't regret doing it, but unless you need too I think zetaing Finn and improving your HAAT score is a better use of a zeta, as an example.

I would do R2 before I did DN if I ran Chaze. And I would be very, very reluctant to zeta DN if I saw a bunch of Thrawn leads on my shard.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    That zeta can also help if you are running against a lot of GK to prevent retribution. Typically GK is the slowest toon, and he will use his cleanse first. If toons aren't debuffed, they get retribution. That's not a huge issue, but it is something to consider if that causes you issues.
    I run DN lead, so I certainly appreciate it. But most of the time, I probably dont really miss it. It's also useful if you are running toons that ignore protection.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    @NahWillis why would you be reluctant? What's the drawback?
  • Options
    DRV wrote: »

I did zeta DN and basically against an Empire team with Thrawn you trigger a chain effect.

All my toons were faster than the opposite team besides for Thrawn that was the fastest toon. Despite that the whole empire team went first.

I kinda shot myself in the foot with this zeta. Thankfully there is only one thrawn team in my top 10.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Does thrawn waste his opening move cleansing? Might be worth the trade off if it gives you a chance to stun/ability block him.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Does thrawn waste his opening move cleansing? Might be worth the trade off if it gives you a chance to stun/ability block him.

I think he did but not sure as the battle was at speed x4 and I was shocked by all empire toons attacking before me.

Anyway, then EP went ahead and stunned my whole roaster (RNGesus) so Thrawn did fracture my baze before I had time to attack. I suspect the turn meter swapping had a big role as well.
  • Options

What Darth said. You're essentially feeding a Thrawn lead team TM @DRV
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Just to clarify the tm gain from resist or getting a debuff in GAT lead team is to the toon only or across all other Empire team when 1 was affected?