Instead of nerfing good characters.....

Hey guys,
I've noticed that everyone complains about some characters for being so powerful. So i came up with an idea which could solve this problem without nerfing those and make us see different heroes as well.
1. As we all know people always choose same heroes because they are stronger (like dooku or barriss). I really want to see other heroes on the battlefield. So how about categorizing all heroes as "strong ones" and "weaker ones". And when we want to assemble a team of weaker ones we should be able to choose 6 heroes instead of 5. Of course we could always mix a team from both sides for a 5 hero team. This way we could fight with different heroes ,which should be fun, and players won't complain others for being too strong (because he/she is in strong team).
2. As one guy mentioned before, it would be nice to add a stats page so i would know when my team wins/loses in pvp while i was away. I also think it would be better to add a "replay" option to see 'how my team won/lost the battle'.
Well that's an idea. What do you guys think??

Replies

• Options
    Actually u cannot single out a character and call it weak.. Well ofcourse based on individual skills they might be.. But that is why you have synergies to play around with which can make a weak character look badass.. That's the whole point.. To experiment and make a better team.. A team without any synergy but individually badass doesn't really mean they will always win... So i don't think characterizing them as strong or weak is a good thing...all characters has something special that makes them standout.. Just a personal opinion :smile:
  • Options
    Well you are right i shouln't have said "weak" but that was the word i could think of because i'm not a native speaker ;)
    But the thing is i have never seen coruscant underground police or geonosian soldier, just because they are not as strong as dooku or luminara. So i think others can stand a chance against those by some adjustments. Because i really want to see/use other characters in the game :wink:
  • Options
    Hmmm actually.. Idk how far ur in the game.. But u do get to face opponents in Galactic Wars who do use the lesser known characters such as Genosian Soldier or even Jedi Guardian as a matter of fact.. I guess its because a lotta players keep shuffling their teams in GW.. So im guessing the AI uses any one of those teams..
  • Options
    Darkcloud wrote: »
    Hmmm actually.. Idk how far ur in the game.. But u do get to face opponents in Galactic Wars who do use the lesser known characters such as Genosian Soldier or even Jedi Guardian as a matter of fact.. I guess its because a lotta players keep shuffling their teams in GW.. So im guessing the AI uses any one of those teams..

Yep, i use all my toons in GW and that underworld coruscant guy has some stun capabilities so i use him, but not in my arena team of course. But honestly, i take a 3 or 4 star dooku in almost every battle where i can choose him as an ally. he's definitely overpowered, especially against the ai because they always do their weak aoe atks and he counters them. makes it much easier/faster to finish the challenges and cantina battles...
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    The don';t need to nerf the characters directly...

Instead what they should do is create new characters which act as counter balance to characters...

People who complain about Barriss in particular imho have simply not used an anti-jedi character against her or anyone who stuns or has an ability lock. I could say other not so pleasant things about these players...but I'll keep it civil :)

Dooku however is a different cup of tea, as his only real counter is being stunned, but there are very few characters capable of doing this consistently and that is the real problem.

There currently doesn't seem to be any Anti-Sith or Anti Nightsister characters, which is what leads to the imbalance between these two particular characters and will actually become more of a problem as we start to see more Darth Vadars and Darth Sidious characters on the playing field

Even though Old Ben is also a very powerful character, he is also easily delt with using anti Jedi Characters and stun capable characters....

Before you say stun is OP, there are also characters that can counter balance this, ones that actually debuff negative effects.. Barriss does this passively.. Other characters like Ventress do it actively.

So the game mechanics is already there to deal with powerful characters, they just need to be introduced.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Options
    Darkcloud wrote: »
    Actually u cannot single out a character and call it weak.. Well ofcourse based on individual skills they might be.. But that is why you have synergies to play around with which can make a weak character look badass.. That's the whole point.. To experiment and make a better team.. A team without any synergy but individually badass doesn't really mean they will always win... So i don't think characterizing them as strong or weak is a good thing...all characters has something special that makes them standout.. Just a personal opinion :smile:

Ding ding ding. We have a winner! Good post.
This discussion has been closed.