177 posts Member
edited December 2018
-
Post edited by Orleans on

Replies

• Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options
    It is really annoying when they release those three star toons and then put them in one hard node to farm which will take a year to get to seven stars.
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I hear ya man.
  • Options
    The single hard node for Baze, Shore, and Krennic really is disappointing. You basically get 1 shard a day from those; refresh for 50 crystals and you can get 2 to cut your farm in half; for me, I need 250 Shore shards, so that will take 4.2 months and cost 6250 crystals. LOL. This is why I don't refresh single hard node farms.

A level 8 cantina node like Death Trooper got would be better, although not much since 120 energy only buys you enough attempts to reward 2-3 shards a day. Still, buy a daily refresh for 100 crystals and you can get ~6 shards a day. If Shore were there, I could finish that up in 1.4 months and spend 4200 crystals.

I feel like a decent compromise would be two hard nodes instead of just one. Like Veers or FOTP. Then I could spend 100 crystals a day refreshing those nodes to net 4 shards daily. See? CG gets their 6250 crystals and I could collect the Shore shards I need in 2.1 months.

Seems like a win-win. CG gets their 6250 crystals, I get the character in 2 months.
  • Options
    +1000
    I've been stuck with the same team destroying me in galactic war for three weeks now. I even finished one in this time. I've ranted on here before and been given two warnings. Thats the fullest extent of Ea's concern about making this game better.
    Good luck
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who feels like we need to farm dozens of characters day after day in order to unlock something cool? I mean it's seriously overwhelming.

-With the flash events we know we're gonna need farmboy Luke for something, potentially Jedi Master Luke

-The whole Phoenix fiasco in which we had like a week notice to get Thrawn

-We now know we're gonna need the ewoks for something (presumably Jedi Master Luke, another raid, etc)

-Phoenix Ships for presumably Thrawn's capital ship and/or a ships raid

-Some people are speculating we're going to need Old Ben for something big

And for the cherry on top, they tell us this new game mode is going to make us use our entire roster. I mean seriously, I already struggle enough with gearing my actual Arena characters, because raids seem like they only give out Challenge gear and nothing else. But it seems like in the span of a few weeks it's being hinted that unless we farm all these characters and get them to a decent gear level, we're gonna miss out on a key component for the game or the next important release dcharacter. I don't know, as a F2P player I just feel like I'm drowning and with all these new things to farm it's difficult to keep up.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "As a free to play". That's why they'd domt care what think.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    "As a free to play". That's why they'd domt care what you think. Sadly they simply don't care what you Think

This basically. If everything was easy to obtain as f2p where would they make money from? P2P usually means you get it faster but it doesn't lock f2p out.
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    This basically. If everything was easy to obtain as f2p where would they make money from? P2P usually means you get it faster but it doesn't lock f2p out.

Fair enough, but it seems like it's going especially overboard recently. P2P obviously have an advantage, which makes sense and is fair. But it seems like recently there's been A LOT piled on, much more than in the past, and that we're getting very little notice about it. Seems like it's not even possible to get everything ready for whatever future events they have

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    If your playing the game for free, there is always a chance your going to miss something. but thats ok because you get to play the game for free.

If you follow every rumor and try to keep up, you are going to spread yourself too thin and probably miss out, but thats ok because you get to play the game for free. (rumors are not hints)

The new game mode will reward a full roster, which takes time and/or money. but thats ok because you either happily spend your money on something you enjoy or you are playing the game for free.

There was no fiasco, many people got him by working what they had and changing plans to make sure they would get him, both f and p 2p players. but thats ok because....well see above.

as a free to play you need to be happy you are playing the game for free, expect to "work hard", focus, and yes even miss out. but thats ok because you get to play the game for free.

No one is telling you that you need to have everything as soon as it comes out. Missing out on things is ok. Focus and determination will pay off, but you will need patience.
  • Options
    They not care, it is real.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Josh_K wrote: »

Fair enough, but it seems like it's going especially overboard recently. P2P obviously have an advantage, which makes sense and is fair. But it seems like recently there's been A LOT piled on, much more than in the past, and that we're getting very little notice about it. Seems like it's not even possible to get everything ready for whatever future events they have

for the first year of the game there were several very good toons that were only there for people who bought them from the packs right when they dropped. everything being released now has a plan and is cycling out to f2p in a regimented fashion. this is way better then it was.
  • xanderxman
    505 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The new players that are f2p feel the crunch worse than older f2p players. I am not pure f2p. I have put about $100 into the game. But I started in Dec 15. So I have all Ewoks except Chirpa at 7 stars. He is close. Luke is done. I had rebels for Palps the second time around. I had Jedi for Yoda the third time around. I had Empire for R2 the first time around. Was able to farm enough Phoenix for Thrawn at 5 stars the first time.

My roster was wide but not developed. Lots of g8 characters that were close enough to get there when needed. Still is mostly.

If you started a year after me you were behind the curve and probably felt the need to farm everything at once. Don't. Just don't. Decide what you want to go after, one event at a time and do only that. As f2p you can't chase everything at once. Set a single goal and finish it. Then move to the next.

You are meant to feel the push as an f2p player. They want to convert those they can. It's good business sense. Those that don't spend just have to get there slower than those that can.

The top player in my arena shard has all 119 characters at g11 and 117 of them at seven stars. He finishes first. I have spent $100 and have finished at 11. It just took me longer to get there.

Slow down and chase one thing at a time.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Options
    I have this to say.... if packs were at least reasonably priced they would get WAY more people buying into this game. (SO many other companies got this right it's sad)
  • Options
    What do you expect? Spend some money. Support the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I have this to say.... if packs were at least reasonably priced they would get WAY more people buying into this game. (SO many other companies got this right it's sad)

Where are those games on the top grossing list? above or below, there are far more below then above this game. I'm not saying i dont agree about the pricing but they are doing something right.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

supporting the game is not the same as spending money.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

supporting the game is not the same as spending money.

If the prices were close to reasonable +1.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Write everything down, set alarms. Its easy when you know what your doing
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, Ive got a ton of great toons geared decent that I can't even use. Arena is stale and stuck with no diversity...
  • ScotBott
    166 posts Member
    Options
    Even after spending a decent amount money I feel like it's gotten me no where...
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Options

Where are those games on the top grossing list? above or below, there are far more below then above this game. I'm not saying i dont agree about the pricing but they are doing something right.

League of leg nds, starcraft2, TF2, that's off the top of my head for starters.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

What they did right was the actual design of the game. It's is fantastic.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Options
    Yung_Hen wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels like we need to farm dozens of characters day after day in order to unlock something cool? I mean it's seriously overwhelming.

-With the flash events we know we're gonna need farmboy Luke for something, potentially Jedi Master Luke

-The whole Phoenix fiasco in which we had like a week notice to get Thrawn

-We now know we're gonna need the ewoks for something (presumably Jedi Master Luke, another raid, etc)

-Phoenix Ships for presumably Thrawn's capital ship and/or a ships raid

-Some people are speculating we're going to need Old Ben for something big

And for the cherry on top, they tell us this new game mode is going to make us use our entire roster. I mean seriously, I already struggle enough with gearing my actual Arena characters, because raids seem like they only give out Challenge gear and nothing else. But it seems like in the span of a few weeks it's being hinted that unless we farm all these characters and get them to a decent gear level, we're gonna miss out on a key component for the game or the next important release dcharacter. I don't know, as a F2P player I just feel like I'm drowning and with all these new things to farm it's difficult to keep up.

Post your profile to swgohgg and we can help you out!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The new game mode is supposedly designed to let you use your whole rosters. CG have listened to the community's concerns about not being able to use much of their roster. With all the new characters that have been added in the game we needed more use for them. Before, complaining about how stale this game is give the new game mode a chance. I for one am really excited for it. I felt that there wasn't enough to do with your guild before so this is a nice update.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

you put this game in the same league as starcraft2? or really any PC game?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    really a merge?

this was 2 threads about kinda different things and they got merged.... ok
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    Options
    really a merge?

this was 2 threads about kinda different things and they got merged.... ok

I thought something weird happened. Glad it wasn't me having a stroke.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Options

You asked for a game that has a successful business model with cheaper purchases.... here's some off the top of my head.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You asked for a game that has a successful business model with cheaper purchases.... here's some off the top of my head.

they have a completely different model and offer a completely different game experience. its just not a fair comparison.
  • Jonsolo32
    154 posts Member
    Options

they have a completely different model and offer a completely different game experience. its just not a fair comparison.

Lol. Give it up. It's a free to play game model... enough said. Unless you're a EA fanboy....