Has CG really learned from their mistakes?

Hola peeps

this thread's main intention is to get some official reply regarding the latest changes. Of course it's known not everyone can be pleased. Overall I'm having mixed feelings with this update. If I had to rate the update I'd do 2 ratings.
Previously communicated (few would say "promised") update: 9/10
Delivered update: 3/10, perhaps even 2/10 but I'm probably biased right now being disappointed in some elementary changes

Biased in that way that I'm European and due to my timezone several meta shifting and essential changes happened within one day. First changes happened on Tuesday shortly before I went to sleep. The "forced" changes happened throughout the day on Wednesday and now on Thursday I'm actually seeing all (for that we know) changes as some happened during my sleep.

The changes that were not documented are as following:
  • SpeedMaterial change of how "Speed" is applied and defines who takes turns now. (Overall, I like this change... if it was documented)
  • Damage Variance: This could be a bug, but currently in some battles the whole squad hits like wet noodles. It's not happening all the time, but it's happening - only on the player's side as of now. This may require further testing and data perhaps. There have been some posts regarding this already and I have people who saw this, too. This is thankfully not happening too often since many haven't even seen this yet but it is happening. So far it has only been seen in GW, though.
  • Damage over Time: It was previously stated and documented that this will now "correctly" work and kill opponents. Fine, however in some occasions it is dealing really big damage. This could also be a result of previously stated damage variance.
  • AI - Artificial Intelligence: It was previously stated and documented that some AI changes would happen. However, only for skills that were triggered on wrong targets or Talia's heal. What we currently see is, AI taking a whole different approach of prioritized target (easily noticeable in challenge since we all have seen how AI acts here). Another big change is that some heroes don't even use their skills in turn 1 (Sidious for example).

Yes, mistakes happen but this is an oddly coincidental combination of meta shifting changes which were all not documented.
EA_Jesse wrote: »
We value the developer and community relationship but mistakes will happen on both sides when it comes to communication. We’re in this together to make Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes the best game it can be.
Yes, our forum is toxic but this is a very wrong timing to formulate a sentence like that. I'm not asking for a refund here or anything even though every progress of the last 2 weeks I made has been wasted on this update and is now useless. Others probably feel different and want compensation (I wouldn't pity them for messing up an update this big). Changes like this will happen and I can't argue that. However, changes like this have to be communicated - before the community analyses them themselves. "We learned from our mistakes" you said, yet you repeat the same over and over. Yes, there are things a community should find out themselves and some things have to be hidden/secret (drop rates etc) but you are doing it on way too many levels and I'm calling it ****. You're even failing in doing a proper excuse by partly blaming community and still leaving out information. How do you expect us to have faith in you?

Replies

• Options
    Good luck with your official reply.

I'm absolutely disgusted at how Jesse said the community was to blame for their 'communication issues'. And I'm pretty disgusted with this entire update to be honest.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    In the end the only goal of EA and CG is to make money. It don't matter if us the players are happy, sad, mad or dissatisfied with the game as long as they're generating revenue somehow then that's all that matters. I enjoy the recent update very much but DO NOT appreciate all the little lures their trying to pull to get more $$$. New character Yoda appears, coincidence a Jedi bundle appears as well (which is garbage btw). Shard shop is pretty much useless unless you spend big money. And don't even get me started on the new droid and credit events...but hey people can keep giving EA/CG the benefit of the doubt of being a great developer, blah blah blah but in the end their only goal beyond the game is to take as much money from your wallet.