fleet Tarkin v. Tarkin - may the better man (always) lose

Snaggletruth
105 posts Member
edited July 2017
Not a bug per se but definitely not functioning as intended.

Only applies to Tarkin v. Tarkin battles

Here's how it works - If you have a better squad you end up with 4 or 5 somewhat damaged ships vs their TFP (sensible to leave it to last). Invariably their TFP dodges the next few attacks and their tie strike is brought on (This occurs even if you were originally well ahead of them on cap ship TM).

As TARkin is proliferating now in top ten I constantly lose battles that i am absolutely dominating. The only way to win is have a way way better squad that's can annhilate them prior to ulti - highly unlikely given competition in top ten OR to have a weaker squad so the situation is reversed.

Solution: ships should have an option to skip their turn

Cheers

Snaggles

Replies

• Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    That is why you shoot at TFP every chance you get with unavoidable **** throughout the match i.e Vaders Tie ship and also Clones Sarge if TFP has locked on. He dies midway though most of my battles
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Why is shots block lol
  • Options
    Fair point but I don't have clone sarge - he is Better with mace lead
    And my Vader dies too soon. All my other ships at 7 star, him at 5
    WILL revisit him when I get him to 6
    CHEERS
  • Options
    Bit silly when u need a particular ship to have any chance so I think my point remains
  • crzydroid
    7341 posts Moderator
    Options
    Tarkin's ultimate is OP for sure. Still can't believe the devs caved and called it a "bug" when dodging one hit used to dodge all 12...to me this was WAI. In fact, now it looks like the text says "Can't be evaded," so how is that at all fair?

Also, the text still says "random ships," so I don't get where random=all.
  • Options
    My point wasn't that he's Op - I don't want him nerfed ....
  • Argarath
    197 posts Member
    Options
    I see your point. I use Mace ship so will use his ultimate timed to Tarkins ultimate and does not take any damage. At 45% dodge rate TFP can ruin your battle in a close match. Mostly if you have 3 ships left you will die. 4+ships maybe you can survive Tarkins ultimate
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Tarkin's ultimate is OP for sure. Still can't believe the devs caved and called it a "bug" when dodging one hit used to dodge all 12...to me this was WAI. In fact, now it looks like the text says "Can't be evaded," so how is that at all fair?

Also, the text still says "random ships," so I don't get where random=all.

This isn't the whole fix. The attack wouldn't do 12 sources of damage. It would target slots that used to contain ships that were destroyed. So his ult may have not done any damage based on the nature of random. Tfp being able to dodge the whole ultimate was probably why the new cannot be dodge clause was added.