Ewoks & Rebel Again Before Driods Really?

Prev13
Why? No one on this board been asking for Ewok buff beside fixing Teebo stealth bug. But a majority is asking for droid pass. Why is customer so bad whatever EA touches?

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    People have also been asking for jawa, nightsister, and tusken rework. There are a lot of factions they could be working on and they chose ewok
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I have been wanting Wicket for along time, I'm glad we are getting more Ewoks and a pass for them.

So please, don't say no one has been asking for Ewoks on the forums... because they have been asked for, sorry your not happy.

Also I love Rebels, so yeah...
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Droids had a very healthy long run, we probably won't see that for a while.

Other factions have never had the limelight and they should probably get some love before droids too.

Hopefully separatists will get some love and it will trickle over to droids.
  • Options
    Why? No one on this board been asking for Ewok buff beside fixing Teebo stealth bug. But a majority is asking for droid pass. Why is customer so bad whatever EA touches?

U shall read about the ig88 offense bug... 2,5years now.. And they still look into that hahah
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    People have also been asking for jawa, nightsister, and tusken rework. There are a lot of factions they could be working on and they chose ewok

What they should have done is did a faction pass for tuskens, ewoks, geonosians and jawas in ONE pass. And it doesn't even have to be a Droid specific faction pass (although they have 9 characters, half of which are terrible) it could be a separatist pass which includes some droids, geonosians and a nightsister. Point is, a separatist pass would fix a LOT of characters in one sweep.
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Riffinator wrote: »

What they should have done is did a faction pass for tuskens, ewoks, geonosians and jawas in ONE pass. And it doesn't even have to be a Droid specific faction pass (although they have 9 characters, half of which are terrible) it could be a separatist pass which includes some droids, geonosians and a nightsister. Point is, a separatist pass would fix a LOT of characters in one sweep.

But ewok faction is less work......
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks make up 95% of the Resistance so Ewok Pass is in preparation for Episode8. Anyone you thought wasn't an Ewok in Episode7 was actually just an Ewok in a disguise.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    But a majority is asking for droid pass.
    At no point in time has a majority asked for a Droid pass. Separatist and Jedi passes get asked for far, far more often than Droids.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Droids had a long, long run of being viable. The way it's looking now, Ewoks will be a C-team at best (like troopers), so no need for rage.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Droids had a long, long run of being viable. The way it's looking now, Ewoks will be a C-team at best (like troopers), so no need for rage.

The rage isn't about them being the next meta, its the fact that a unimportant and unwanted faction got the latest faction pass. Nobody asked for an ewok pass...except like 2 people. EVERYONE ELSE wanted separatists, jedi and bounty hunters
    Post edited by STRIKEBOMB on
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options

The rage isn't about them being the next meta, its the fact that a unimportant and unwanted faction got the latest faction pass. Nobody asked for an ewok pass...except like 2 people. EVERYONE ELSE wanted separatist (1) and Jedi (2)

Stop with the broad strokes. I despise the Separatists so no I did not ask for a pass on them. I like ewoks, they are fun to play. Jedi are my favorite but them getting passed over is fine. Just because your favorites got ignored does not mean everyone is unhappy.
  • Options
    Haha! No one wanted seprawotsits.
  • Options
    A lot of people want separatist and jedi and ewok faction dont feel good because is so easy and they are nerf the ewok damage
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options

The rage isn't about them being the next meta, its the fact that a unimportant and unwanted faction got the latest faction pass. Nobody asked for an ewok pass...except like 2 people. EVERYONE ELSE wanted separatist (1) and Jedi (2)

Wasn't until relatively recently that people started asking for droids and separatists rework. Ewoks, however, have been requested for over a year. Along with tuskens. That way we could build full squads.
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »

Wasn't until relatively recently that people started asking for droids and separatists rework. Ewoks, however, have been requested for over a year. Along with tuskens. That way we could build full squads.

A full squads is good but they are nerfing the ewok damage so they gonna be worse in arena and gw probably the ewoks be gooh for the new game mode or the others raids
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    Ewoks needed that because they are only 4.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Khayman wrote: »

Stop with the broad strokes. I despise the Separatists so no I did not ask for a pass on them. I like ewoks, they are fun to play. Jedi are my favorite but them getting passed over is fine. Just because your favorites got ignored does not mean everyone is unhappy.

You don't realize that I'm not generalizing. There are many polls that show a LARGE majority want separatists and jedi and not many wanted ewoks (some voted for them as jokes). https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-TFKZKKNP/

You sure about that? Look at the survey results and see for youself
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

You don't realize that I'm not generalizing. There are many polls that show a LARGE majority want separatists and jedi and not many wanted ewoks (some voted for them as jokes). https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-TFKZKKNP/

I don't think you understand the concept of "majority". I'm sure a majority of people don't really care at all about a pass for any faction. Simply because more people (according to an online poll subject to self-selection bias) care about a faction pass for one faction over another does not mean that they represent the majority of all players.
    You're also confusing "majority" with "plurality".
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

I don't think you understand the concept of "majority". I'm sure a majority of people don't really care at all about a pass for any faction. Simply because more people (according to an online poll subject to self-selection bias) care about a faction pass for one faction over another does not mean that they represent the majority of all players.

ok then, a plurality of people voted for Separatists then. And there is no bias in the poll because it lists every faction and every character. You are able to pick 3 factions and 5 heroes on the poll
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

ok then, a plurality of people voted for Separatists then. And there is no bias in the poll because it lists every faction and every character. You are able to pick 3 factions and 5 heroes on the poll
    No; a plurality of the people who bothered to vote, voted for Separatists. There was no option for "I don't care". And ultimately, the self-selection bias means that only people who really cared about a faction pass were going to bother to be a part of the polling sample, anyway.
  • Options
    Don't like droids.

*dons crash helmet*
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    But a majority is asking for droid pass.
    At no point in time has a majority asked for a Droid pass. Separatist and Jedi passes get asked for far, far more often than Droids.

Exactly. A majority want a Grievous rework, but that doesn't mean a full droid pass.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options

No; a plurality of the people who bothered to vote, voted for Separatists. There was no option for "I don't care". And ultimately, the self-selection bias means that only people who really cared about a faction pass were going to bother to be a part of the polling sample, anyway.

Its still representative of what the larger whole wants...and most people didn't want ewoks
  • Options

Its still representative of what the larger whole wants...and most people didn't want ewoks

I'm curious how you come to this conclusion - what proof do you have that the vocal minority is speaking for the silent majority?
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    Mageduckey wrote: »

I'm curious how you come to this conclusion - what proof do you have that the vocal minority is speaking for the silent majority?

Because its a poll....its what they do. It's not like everyone that voted is a male and everyone who didn't vote is female; its a sample size that represents what the results would look like if everyone voted.
  • Mageduckey
    699 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Because its a poll....its what they do. It's not like everyone that voted is a male and everyone who didn't vote is female; its a sample size that represents what the results would look like if everyone voted.

But you have no guarantee that the claim "represents what the results would look like if everyone voted" is valid. What proof do you have that selection bias didn't occur and that the minute sample size, out of tens of millions of downloads, is actually indicative of the entire playerbase? Just because you post a survey or poll doesn't guarantee it's representative of the whole, especially when the survey is such a tiny percent of the total population (1017 / 10,000,000 = 0.01017%, and 10 million is just the highest I can go since the App Store doesn't show true download count).
  • Options

But you have no guarantee that the claim "represents what the results would look like if everyone voted" is valid. What proof do you have that selection bias didn't occur and that the minute sample size, out of tens of millions of downloads, is actually indicative of the entire playerbase? Just because you post a survey or poll doesn't guarantee it's representative of the whole, especially when the survey is such a tiny percent of the total population (1017 / 10,000,000 = 0.01017%, and 10 million is just the highest I can go since the App Store doesn't show true download count).

In fairness, downloads doesn't represent player base either. There are plenty of people who downloaded and have since deleted, and plenty who downloaded on more than one device.

In conclusion, you're both wrong! :D
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »

In fairness, downloads doesn't represent player base either. There are plenty of people who downloaded and have since deleted, and plenty who downloaded on more than one device.

In conclusion, you're both wrong! :D

While it is true that downloads != current players, I'm not wrong in saying that 1017 survey results is an extremely tiny sample size given the size of this global game.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options

I don't have a guarantee but I know for a fact that ewoks would not even be close to one of the most wanted factions for a rework.
  • Options
    Everyone here realizes that the forum users make up a small percentage of actual players of this game, right? No poll on this forum in any way represents the "majority" of players.
This discussion has been closed.