Curious about DMG cap

Wondering if it's 99,999.

I ask bc of the buff to savage oppress, on the strength challenge today, with the dmg buff up, that's what his "execute" hit for.

Replies

• Options
    Now I'm wondering if this is intended or a bug. Is massive dmg meant to be an actual guaranteed execute/kill? Just got the same 99,999 in a GW match.
  • Options
    I run savage too. It's in the description of his ability, anyone 25% health or below, lights out. Attack cannot be evaded either.
  • Options
    The ability isn't all that if you think about it. Even if Nightsister Initiate (character with highest max health, at 18,878) was at 25%, that means she'd have 4719 health. A lot of characters can do that much damage at max level. The only great part is that the damage is unavoidable.
  • Options
    Right, it could be 9999999999 and it would be the same effect, there's no bonus for overkill and he doesn't have any HP Steal.
    As dkredsox says, ~5,000 would do it (there are leader HP buffs and uniques like Royal Guard, but still about 20,000 HP is max). For PvP...there's exceptions in PvE bosses that probably hit 50,000 in the challenges.

Either way 9,999 would cut it across the board, I'm sure. Any other digits beyond that are completely useless.