Tell us EXACTLY what we NEED

Prev1345
...to unlock the new Luke. Clear, concise communication please, no gifs or empty cute words. Speculation, rumors etc. will lead to the same travesty as the Thrawn / Phoenix ordeal. I'm sure you'd want to avoid that, won't you?

Replies

• Options
    Entitled 10/10
  • Options
    Entitled 10/10
    Your name actually suits you quite well.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    to be completely honest, i don't want everyone to know in advance what they need to farm. If they did they did that they might aswell hand everyone a 7* new luke.
    this isn't a bad communication issue at all, they simply don't want us to know. Also because it obviously makes them less money if they give advance notice.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    to be completely honest, i don't want everyone to know in advance what they need to farm. If they did they did that they might aswell hand everyone a 7* new luke.
    this isn't a bad communication issue at all, they simply don't want us to know. Also because it obviously makes them less money if they give advance notice.
    Could also work the other way so us spenders know where and what to spend on.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    ...Patience.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Please don't, let us figure it out.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm sure they will let us know what is needed AT LEAST one week before the event starts!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Entitled 10/10

Funny. I don't recall the part where he said he deserved to be handed anything. It seems like he was asking that we know where to direct our efforts so that we can put in the work ourselves. That would be nice.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Anyway spenders will spend, even if they tell you at last minute what toons to farm.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Only a whale deals in absolutes
  • Mischen1
    158 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with leef. What's the point in knowing in advance? Why does anyone think the Phoenix squadron Thrawn event was a fiasco? Heck, I knew what I needed to get Emperor Palpatine the first time and I DID NOT GET THEM IN TIME! How would knowing change it for some people? This is why I farm EVERY TOON and gear up EVERY TOON
  • MPac
    196 posts Member
    Options
    Osh wrote: »

Lmao
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Entitled 10/10

Funny. I don't recall the part where he said he deserved to be handed anything. It seems like he was asking that we know where to direct our efforts so that we can put in the work ourselves. That would be nice.
    This is exactly it!
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options

I agree with this. Part of the game strategy is anticipating reworks, new metas, new character requirements etc.

I've spent a fair amount of fleet shipments 7 starring the useless GG in anticipation of a rework down the line. I've made sure I have a full jedi team in anticipation that they unlock luke (although that doesn't seem it will be the case after all).

Just part of the game that rewards you for making smart decisions. not a comms problem. a comms problem is not either syncing double drops or giving non USA players any pre warning and they miss out on a days worth.

• Kitch
    171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Entitled 10/10

I don't think he asked, seems more like an order...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

operative word being "could". I would be lying if i said i'm 100% sure that it won't increase revenue if they told us in advance, but i think it won't. Judging by the past decisions ea/cg have made they don't think that either, or they are not telling us to please players like mysef who don't want everyone to know, wich i highly doubt ;)
    If they told us as far enough in advance that f2p players wouldn't complain about the short notice, there probably won't be any reason to spend in the first place.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Kitch wrote: »
    Entitled 10/10

Asked sternly with a warning of a previous horror, if you wish to be exact.

Yes, I asked sternly, because myself, among many others, are tired of being led on with poor communication and little game direction. Some of us spend money, and a lot of money. We'd like to know where would be best to put that investment -- better yet, it could be more than money (time, strategy etc.) instead of getting frustrated and using the fear-of-falling-behind method of spending.

Spending for fun makes us want to spend more. Spending out of fear wears down on you.

Having an idea of planning is legitimate. Help us; give us some solid direction. The mystery veil method has clearly had an enormous backlash. Giving some precise communication about what we should do can avoid a lot of these unnecessary issues. Dropping news and details 1-2 weeks before farm time about exactly what you need is simply a vicious, unnecessary method.

• Options

operative word being "could". I would be lying if i said i'm 100% sure that it won't increase revenue if they told us in advance, but i think it won't. Judging by the past decisions ea/cg have made they don't think that either, or they are not telling us to please players like mysef who don't want everyone to know, wich i highly doubt ;)
    If they told us as far enough in advance that f2p players wouldn't complain about the short notice, there probably won't be any reason to spend in the first place.
    Possibly.

I see both sides of the coin. Still, some forewarning can only help. To balance the two, it doesn't have to be immediately but it should still be in a timely fashion and not like Thrawn - some 2 weeks in advance. That isn't fun spending.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Entitled 10/10

Was it his First Order, or his 66th one? :#

Seriously though, I just missed out on thrawn as my phone went in for repair so I lost a whole week of double-drops, flash events and whatever else was going on. It's no biggie, I'll get him next time. Same with Luke, if I don't have enough to get him this time I will next time. Got Yoda on 2nd or 3rd time round, got Palpie 2nd time round. It's a game, it's not actually that important in the grand scheme.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Dude it's obvious ewoks........
  • Options
    Mischen1 wrote: »
    I agree with leef. What's the point in knowing in advance? Why does anyone think the Phoenix squadron Thrawn event was a fiasco? Heck, I knew what I needed to get Emperor Palpatine the first time and I DID NOT GET THEM IN TIME! How would knowing change it for some people? This is why I farm EVERY TOON and gear up EVERY TOON

It's not beneficial to spread yourself so thin and phoenix not being available and widely used prior to the event was the problem
  • dPaxton
    89 posts Member
    Options
    I think the mystery is rather fun
  • Options

/thread
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Entitled 10/10

That's a choice you've made, though. The choice I've made is to work on a wide breadth of characters so that if an event comes out I'll very likely be able to participate.

I have never chased the meta, though for a nice moment when B2 debuted the meta chased me for a while, but I have a ton of characters that I've been farming since I started playing (My roster is on whatever the site is, pretty sure it's the same name I use here) and have earned.

So why should I be punished because you made a choice that I didn't? Am I going to get a free General Kenobi because I made a choice you didn't? How's that fair?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Agree with @leef . If this F2P player could farm Phoenix enough to get Thrawn 5*, imagine what I could have done with more advance notice like you suggest. If they tell us this far in advance, I can guarantee that with appropriate effort, all spenders and most F2P would be able to get 7* Luke like leef said. Sounds like a pretty bad decision for EA/CG. You're going to spend regardless, and by how Thrawn event went, it will be possible to spend your way to 7*, so what are we really talking about
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people think they need to tell us anything at all about who we need for the events. If you don't have the toons for it then tough luck and if you do then congratulations....
  • epeeist
    98 posts Member
    Options
    I somewhat reluctantly tend to agree with @leef. I say reluctantly because I'd like to know exactly what to farm and gear up! But it's also nice to be rewarded sometimes for having worked on toons before a rework or need for an event just out of completeness. Hopefully the upcoming Hoth guild fights will similarly reward breadth of roster (as to some extent GW does).

Except for GK (guild not quite ready to do HAAT), I have very toon unlocked. And toons which are available from LS/DS nodes only I gradually work on (cantina toons obviously can tier up much faster so I defer those) so that even e.g. Hoth Rebel Soldier is by now at 6* halfway to 7. If one focuses only on e.g. gearing up your best toons, your roster will be much more limited, your arena squad will be slightly better, but not by much.
  • Options
    These events are revenue driven, if you know, you can prepare. Otherwise you have to panic, spend gems and hopefully money to be ready. They Elitests want to be special snowflakes and be able to have something you don't or even better, can't have. Just pop some corn grab a drink and watch them scramble. Lol
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a marquee event too me. Anyway who cares, I thought the community was "all sick of rebels" and was on the "no more rebels" train.
  • Options
    Entitled 10/10

Was it his First Order, or his 66th one? :#

What about me???
This discussion has been closed.