One Han too many?

Prev1
Aznar
21 posts Member
Hey SWGOH brothers and sisters,
Recently, SWGOH just released news on the new territory battles mode which seems to be the next big thing coming to SWGOH and I feel the rewards will be insane! If you read, you will see that we will be able to earn shards for 2 new characters (Hoth Leia and Hoth Han). I was very excited to hear about Hoth Leia coming out as her normal 2* character did not really complete her as leader as she should be so I am expecting good things from her. On the other han(d), I am not feeling so optimistic about Hoth Han. I have nothing against Han Solo as a character, but we already have 2 different versions of him that are both very good and one is easily farmable and the other, not so much. I think it would be weird and unnecessary to have 3 versions of a character and 2 will come from guild events. I feel that they easily can replace Han and add Chewbacca into the game which is something we have been waiting for ever since 2015. Please let me know your guys thoughts.

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    I like Han Solo, and I think he's a good reward for this game mode.
    About chewbacca... just remove Clone Wars from his name and rework him
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    I'm not excited for another han at all but I'm sure he will be good so I'll farm him anyway.
  • Options
    Plus the Han that will come from the stand alone film yet to be made (but a new release will almost certainly mean new toons).
    I think the limit should be 2 of any character (Rule of 2, huzzah bad pun). Maybe 3 if you can make a good enough argument like Anakin, Vader and then another of them. Technically they are all the same person but treated as separate in both the movies and cartoons.

As for Chewbacca, he is already in the game, should add in someone actually missing before making more duplicates no?
  • Options
    I don't get it, why wouldn't you want more toons? It's a board game, not realistic. And as it's been said a lot of times, it doesn't follow logic, like why would Rex fight along nihilus?

If it makes you uncomfortable to see 3 Hans, then just don't farm the new one. (And BTW, raid han is just plain bad)
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Having multiple versions of the same character in the old Decipher CCG was kind of cool, because they had hundreds of characters including pretty much all main/named characters, and many, many generics, which could have multiple copies down at once if they were non-unique. The way this game works, it seems a waste to come out with a third version of a character when there are main characters (Padme) and other named characters missing. Even having characters like Pao and Bistan over someone like Piett seems a waste. Since all named characters are obtainable, and you can't use generics more than once, they seem to just be wasting space in general. Many people have been clamoring to rework raid Han...now instead of a rework we get a third one?
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    Options
    We need 2 more, i want one Han Solo team with synergy.
  • Aznar
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I don't get it, why wouldn't you want more toons? It's a board game, not realistic. And as it's been said a lot of times, it doesn't follow logic, like why would Rex fight along nihilus?

If it makes you uncomfortable to see 3 Hans, then just don't farm the new one. (And BTW, raid han is just plain bad)

It is not the fact that we are having 3 hans that disappoints me, it is the fact that they decided to add another Han when we already have 2 and other characters could have replaced him such as a Chewbacca with better abilities than his CW copy
  • Options
    I think it's time for a Han Solo faction pass!
  • NightmareInVT
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Many Hans make light work!
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    A Solo Squad!
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    A Solo Squad!

With nerf herder synergy!
  • McPot45
    133 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    25061262-61c1-4204-a043-a4e2071146a1_text.gif
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Aznar wrote: »
    Hey SWGOH brothers and sisters,
    Recently, SWGOH just released news on the new territory battles mode which seems to be the next big thing coming to SWGOH and I feel the rewards will be insane! If you read, you will see that we will be able to earn shards for 2 new characters (Hoth Leia and Hoth Han). I was very excited to hear about Hoth Leia coming out as her normal 2* character did not really complete her as leader as she should be so I am expecting good things from her. On the other han(d), I am not feeling so optimistic about Hoth Han. I have nothing against Han Solo as a character, but we already have 2 different versions of him that are both very good and one is easily farmable and the other, not so much. I think it would be weird and unnecessary to have 3 versions of a character and 2 will come from guild events. I feel that they easily can replace Han and add Chewbacca into the game which is something we have been waiting for ever since 2015. Please let me know your guys thoughts.

I don't have a problem with Hoth Han, as we are likely going to get several versions of Luke:

Farm Boy, Commander Luke, Jedi Luke and likely Old Man Luke at least.

So 3 versions of Han I am not that concerned with, but I do agree, a little unnecessary though.

You are right, Clone Wars Chewbacca is getting old, especially with the progression of Rebels, Han and potential Rebel Era Millennium Falcon to be piloted by Han & Chewie a Rebel Chewbacca is certainly REQUIRED.

Having said that, the announcement states only Hoth Leia and Hoth Han, but there could be more, including Rebel Chewie - fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Wait till you see my squad of 3 Han Solos and 2 leias
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the day we get Carbonite Han, that's the Han I'm waiting for
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

50 speed, hella protection, hella health, hella defense, comes with Jaba who gives selected ally 2 turn taunt that can't be dispelled.
  • DarthCPA
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Ztyle wrote: »

Then Resistance Han (or Hauling Rathtars Han) can round out the squad. For the Leia squad, we'll have Princess Leia, Hoth Leia, Slave Leia, General Leia, and Endor Leia.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE! I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod; I mean Only one SOLO It IS IN THE NAME "SOLO"! OFF WITH YE HEAD!
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    We already have two:
    Kenobies
    Anakins
    Ahsokas
    Hans
    And not to mention 6 Jangos
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Aznar
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    We already have two:
    Kenobies
    Anakins
    Ahsokas
    Hans
    And not to mention 6 Jangos

6 Jangos LOL that killed me.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    Options
    Just think, all we need are 2 more hans and we can have a 5-han team.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Just think, all we need are 2 more hans and we can have a 5-han team.
    fG9s1UY.jpg
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    A Solo Squad!

Make a Han Solo Raid and then I Will
    Solo the Solo raid with Solo
  • Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    BRING OUT FROZEN HAN,
    first ability - Nerf Herder: Imply enemy female character that they love you and make them kiss their brother
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    A Solo Squad!

+1 LOL
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    A Solo Squad!

+1 LOL

If you wanna have some fun
    And intrested how will there be 25 Han Solo in SWGoH
    Check this thread.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1167365#Comment_1167365
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Oh yeah I did see that one...

My favorites are the Indiana Solos!
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Many Hans make light work!

This was awesome. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like having multiples of the same character. I think they should have implemented skins instead, and each skin gives you different abilities. However, what's done is done.
    I do hope they give Raid Han an upgrade before Hoth Han comes out, cause right now he's pretty lame.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd rather they just gave us new characters instead of multiple versions of the same one.

Anakin, and Vader as well as Sidious and Palpatine makes sense, but these new ones look like nothing but a costume change to me...