Rancor solo'ed with Jyn as only TM removal.

Faa
123 posts Member
edited July 2017
sQq24uh.png

Pictures of all the screenshots I took this day (40mins ago as I'm typing this).

EsOu4C1.png

Full link to screenshot -> http://i.imgur.com/EsOu4C1.png

Too bad we have a 24h cooldown so I wasn't allowed to register it.

Anyways. I used my Nihilus his mods for Jyn, who I got to 261 speed with mix-matched tier sets - nothing special. I didn't bother with a potency cross or a critical chance set/triangle, even used a 16% protection over a 12% CC mod because it had more speed. All other chars I used, I didn't bother remodding them. Wedge/Biggs were at 150 speed orso and Chirrut at 204'ish. Baze, around 105. No potency mods or anything on baze (I should have).

I couldn't get her to always stay ahead of the Rancor at around 220 speed, so I guess 250-260+ is required.

https://swgoh.gg/u/faa/collection/darth-nihilus/

Strategy recap;

P1 - Probably the easiest, kill an add if Baze will almost get 100% TM so he doesn't lose taunt. Use Chirrut his healing to cleanse the deathmark debuff, in case Jyn her TM removal will get resisted. Although this isn't necessary to do, but no point wasting Baze his protection pool. Don't use Jyn her TM removal when the rancor has 20-40% TM. Preferably use it when he's near full TM.

There isn't a lot to this phase to make any mistakes.

P2 - Slightly different, avoiding any of your chars being eaten is the key here because you can't rezz the eaten char.

So what I did on the first time he resisted Jyn's TM removal, I just let him do his thing and I lost nearly all of my protection on all my chars except baze. Which is fine; avoid multi-attack at this point so the Rancor doesn't gain any additional TM (5% from each attack rancor receives) to give Jyn the chance to reset her TM removal and use it.

He can go a 2nd time without casting devour, but that should be the last time he gets to go. It's either on the 3rd or 4th time he uses his devour. If Jyn her TM removal missed after the 2nd turn, topple the boss. Use all DPS cd's, time her AOE to get Biggs use his triple shot once more.

At this point, you have to race the clock. Get him asap to P3, you can use Baze his AOE and Jyn her AOE on cooldown because there's no more door panel left to damage. I used Jyn her AOE mainly on Biggs or Wedge, prefered to use it on Wedge as he had 10% TM everytime she could cast her AOE.

Around 20-30% orso, the door panel should respawn. I prefered to play it safe, so I used it around 10%.

P3 - Same Story. The devour's remaining turn left to go off, is reset back to its original state.

P4 - Pretty much a laugh. Didn't take me more than a minute. He doesn't use devour anymore, but I struggled getting speed down on him. Used Jyn her AOE on baze as much as I could, took me 8-9 tries to apply speed down.

I lost Chirrut, Wedge and Biggs at some point but luckily enough Jyn was alive (surprise). I'd recommend using her basic first to gain advantage (200% crit chance), so she will rezz them guaranteedly.

I highly recommend health mods & health secondaries overall and avoid Wedge/Biggs at 220 speed, else you need Jyn to be faster to keep up with the TM gains from the multi-attacks. Fairly sure Royal Guard would work in Baze's place and I suggest going for potency for Baze/RG.
Post edited by Faa on

Replies

• ddlooping2
    1047 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats and thanks for the rundown. :)
  • Amer28
    13 posts Member
    Options
    That was awesome, and I'm not joking
  • Options
    Gefeliciteerd! Mijn Jyn is bijna gear 10, ga dan proberen de Rancor te solo'en met Vader, Sass, Nihilius, Jyn en TFP.

Succes verder! :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Gefeliciteerd! Mijn Jyn is bijna gear 10, ga dan proberen de Rancor te solo'en met Vader, Sass, Nihilius, Jyn en TFP.

Succes verder! :)

Nice, should be a lot easier with Vader. I'd highly recommend giving her the MK5 Mer-sonn detonator thingy for that 5% health steal.

• K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Options
    My very curious question is should I always go speed over potency? Is there anyway to sacrifice some speed for some potency?
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    My very curious question is should I always go speed over potency? Is there anyway to sacrifice some speed for some potency?

For Jyn? Of course, sacrifice potency for speed. You get more than enough chances to critically hit in P1 (her potency will carry over the next phase). Even if the boss hits any of your chars, it doesn't hurt. Dispell the deathmark and Wedge his leader ability should put them back at full health.

Her basic gives her advantage, so take advantage of it. You have to crit at least 9 times in P1, to gain the potency cap which is 85% because the boss has a 15% resistance chance you can't do anything about.

However I would recommend giving RG/Baze Potency and get rid of protection mods.
  • Mans_Yolo
    171 posts Member
    Options
    Speed down is a lot more reliable on this team if you bring cassian instead of churrit.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Mans_Yolo wrote: »
    Speed down is a lot more reliable on this team if you bring cassian instead of churrit.

Wouldn't make a lot of sense when you have Baze. And his speed down isn't an issue if you give him a potency cross and get his speed to around 150 - which I didn't do. And that should be more reliable than a 2 turn cooldown Cassian provides.

Can't remember exactly, but after the boss his AOE, the healing from Wedge leadership might not be enough in P4. So it's nice to have Chirrut in there, who can cleanse the healing debuff and I'm sure Chaze has a higher damage output than K2SO/Cassian.