Becoming harder to play your way.

Seems like with every update we must play the way the devs want us to if you want shot at a decent rank. First it was run Poe or Phasma and once they grew popular they where nerfed and now it's seeming as if they're pushing Jedi as the new norm everyone must use. Its frustrating working on a character(s) only to have them be unusable a week later.

Replies

• Options
    Completely agree. I'm done chasing meta. Just gonna play casually with the guys I like.

Less stress and more fun. I'm done watching the clock from 5:30-6pm also. Haha
  • Options
    Arena is pointless unless you can get to top 10. I am ftp and can easily get to top 20 I usually stay within top 50 and find the rewards enough along with GW and daily activity to be enough to help support refreshes. I enjoy GW way more especially post update because now characters I love like ventress are useable and you can enjoy throwing in different squads and not feel like you are losing out.
  • Options
    GW is the worst event. It gets tougher everyday to a point that I am lucky to get 600 tokens.
    No point spending money cos it won't help much unless you are prepared to spend tons of $$$.
  • Options
    I don't think they dictate how we play. I believe the player base dictates the out come. Can you blame players for using poor design to their advantage? Sadly speed and damage are king right now so, if your not able to do either your screwed.
  • Options
    While I agree with the sentiment, and am wholly on board with what BillyBeans said, understand that thus far everything they have done has been to push us to diversify. That is why Poe/Phasma was changed (though truthfully I am not sure how she changed, since I do not use her much), it is why Sid was changed, it is why the Arena was changed, etc.

Personally, I like it, since it means my early mistake of spreading myself thin will start to pay off a little, though only as fast as I can collect training droids (too bad the droid event is almost useless).
  • Options
    @supachai Again I haven't sunk a dime into the game. I have been playing since launch and reached level 70 last week and I find a lot of players struggle with GW because not have a enough 4 - 5 star characters. I only have 2 7* and basically have 12 5 star all purple gear. I don't focus energy on shards I focus on gear and that's where a lot of players make mistakes. Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Reddplague wrote: »
    I don't think they dictate how we play. I believe the player base dictates the out come. Can you blame players for using poor design to their advantage? Sadly speed and damage are king right now so, if your not able to do either your screwed.

Right on. It's the players who find the exploits, the hidden advantages and disadvantages in the game meta. Once the knowledge spreads, devs are rushed into making amends the best they can.

Hey, it happens to block buster, mega budget games too. Even the ones with a huge beta tester base (EA knows what I'm talking about :wink:)
  • Options
    As a F2P chasing meta has kept me top 5 in arena for 5 weeks or so. Going after qgj and yoda will keep me there.
  • Options
    This is just wrong. It's never been easier to play the way you want. So many new comps are now viable. No idea what you guys are complaining about.
  • Options
    Geno Soldier best early investment I ever made...
  • Options
    I can refer you to my post, it details what to do with complaints
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/111677#Comment_111677
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Completely agree. I'm done chasing meta. Just gonna play casually with the guys I like.

Less stress and more fun. I'm done watching the clock from 5:30-6pm also. Haha
    This. I'm just gonna (slowly, I guess) build a nice diverse squad of toons I like and play for the heck of it. The crazy change to GW and the Jedi challenge money grab definitely turned me off.

Kind of starting to see the pattern..."you have to have this character to compete "...nerf..."you need to have this set of characters to compete now"...$$...."hey guys! the next character will negate the bonuses of the set you just busted your wallet to get, so if you want to complete anything in the game get this new toon!" $$$$

Love the game. Like messing around with lineups and building up the toons, but it's a business after all. I'm not gonna chase meta anymore though, either.