Zeta Maul?

TTudor
20 posts Member
Is it still worth to put a Zeta on Maul?

Replies

• EsCu_TM
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Yes...for arena and gw...in my top 50 there still are 25 zmaul teams.He may not be meta anymore,but meta refers to nr1 teams.My shard is from august 2016.A good sith team is zmaul zsavage nihilus sith trooper and sith assassin...with good mods you can break top 5 with this..
  • TTudor
    20 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    I'd say no. He has little raid potential and his short time as meta was quickly eclipsed by triple cleanse. He was the only meta who wasn't really meta, and doesn't have much of a use anymore
  • EsCu_TM
    44 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    As I said...meta only counts the number one spot in arena...this doesn't mean that he's not viable...since I zeta'd savage I usually stay in top 20.Never ended up lower then 50 after zmaul :) With good mods and a fast sith assassin...and nihilus of course,you can still beat anyone on offense.
  • Options
    Hi, still #1 here with Zeta Maul daily. Yep, it's worth it. Make sure you have good speed if you're running a sith team.
  • Options
    Hi, still #1 here with Zeta Maul daily. Yep, it's worth it. Make sure you have good speed if you're running a sith team.

As a #1 ranked Zaul squad, what would you recommend his best mod set be? I currently have crit chance and damage....currently sitting 35 and can get to top 20 but can't stay there. Thanks for your time and any advice you have to offer.
  • Options
    All his mods have speed secondaries already. Currently 165.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have zaul, and just moved to a different team. There is only one zaul left in the top 50 on my shard. I would say no, but it depends on your shard. If there is a decent number of Rex teams, then you definitely don't want to.

And I could still get to 1 with zaul. But it was a pita and I was in my shard discord, so I didn't even have to worry about being sniped.
  • Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

As a #1 ranked Zaul squad, what would you recommend his best mod set be? I currently have crit chance and damage....currently sitting 35 and can get to top 20 but can't stay there. Thanks for your time and any advice you have to offer.
    Specifically for Maul, due to his potency nerf, you might want to get some potency. My stat priority for Maul is as follows - Speed > Prot > Damage (or crit dmg) > Potency > HP > Crit. Maul already comes with high crit in addition to his zeta providing advantage. It's not necessary (and sometimes it's bad) to stack too much crit.

I'll warn you again though -- you need speed. All arena teams are dependent on speed but sith teams in particular really, really need it.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Btw, somebody earlier said zaul, SAss, DN, Zavage, STrooper is the comp you wanted. This is wrong. You will only beat the weakest of the weak triple cleanse/double cleanse+r2 squads with that comp. You NEED B2 in that comp over STrooper if you decide to run it.
  • Options
    zMaul is still good :) Sometimes I switch to zMaul, Nihilius, Sass, Thrawn and GK when I face a 278 speed Sass I can't outspeed. Maul saves the day :)
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • EsCu_TM
    44 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    Btw, somebody earlier said zaul, SAss, DN, Zavage, STrooper is the comp you wanted. This is wrong. You will only beat the weakest of the weak triple cleanse/double cleanse+r2 squads with that comp. You NEED B2 in that comp over STrooper if you decide to run it.

I have one guy in my shard (august 2016) with that team assasin speed 259 sith trooper and he takes first place often...with top 3 being those triple cleanse teams with insane speeds :)) B2 is old school I have no problems against him...usualy take him out first or ability block or daze him. :) I run zmaul, zsavage, vader, palpatine and boba all g11 7*.I know I have to gear Nihilus and put him in place of Boba...but still need gear ..and some good speed secondaries mods.
    Maybe maul doesn't stand ok on defense,but if I can make it one hour before my payout on offense I'm good with that.
    And btw..at least in my shard wedge lead teams with kenobi chaze and r2 took over rex lead teams...only few left...but lots of zauls.

• Jedi_Reach_
    1337 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    No, you don't.

You can beat any team in the game w/ that setup between DN / SA / ST. Let's be honest, the real thing that matters is mods. If you have good speed mods, you can do anything in this game with almost any team. Speed is king mate, speed is king.
  • Options
    Depends of the age of your shard. I'm on a 2015 shard and only (ramdonly) 3 Zauls can reach top 20 witch certain frequency.