Gear 12 confirmed?

Some dude on reddit claims the devs announced g12 is coming with territory battles at the comic book store today. Can we get confirmation or denial please?

Replies

• Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    I will confirm this. I have no sources, read nothing about it and heard nothing, though. So take it with a grain of salt!
  • Options
    I can confirm.... There will be new shiny toons and lots of packs. I know.... I must be clairvoyant!
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If this is true..... Just gear 12 or gear 12 and beyond? Even very, very recently they said there no plans now to raise the level cap.
  • Options
    Some notes from EA Jesse podcast

- Territory battles will have its own Shipments & currency
    - Hoth Leia and Hoth Han will be available in Territory Shipments
    - New types of gear will be available as well. Looks like G12 is on its way
    - Will have to farm coins to do campaign. Just like raids.
    Jesse mentioned that one of the new ewoks will have a leader ability. So 7 ewoks and 3 leaders among them. Plenty of combos.
    For commander Luke they mentioned that they want to make this event more EPIC in scale than the legendary events like EP and Yoda. Sooo difficulty ramp? non linear path to unlock?
    -Still not sure if he's a Jedi. Argument for not being one. He can use a lightsaber but hasn't underwent his jedi training. Money's on him being just a rebel. Just a guess but Bespin Luke will be a jedi/rebel. How epic would it be to have the final stage when Luke is against Vader out on the platform
    Territory battles
    -Certain characters will get bonuses on hoth.
    Hoth rebel soldier! Snowtrooper. Veers!
    -When you light up an area of the map that will unlock a certain part of your collection to use!!
    - Strategic areas>>Certain areas may have things like ion cannons or shield generators which will bonuses to your forces as one would expect ( imo ion cannon increases power against ships
    -Guild Vs Environment!
    -Earn territory battle specific currency
    Going to give players time to prepare for territory battle not rush it out like thrawn.
  • Options
    Awesome!
  • Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Some notes from EA Jesse podcast

- Territory battles will have its own Shipments & currency
    - Hoth Leia and Hoth Han will be available in Territory Shipments
    - New types of gear will be available as well. Looks like G12 is on its way
    - Will have to farm coins to do campaign. Just like raids.
    Jesse mentioned that one of the new ewoks will have a leader ability. So 7 ewoks and 3 leaders among them. Plenty of combos.
    For commander Luke they mentioned that they want to make this event more EPIC in scale than the legendary events like EP and Yoda. Sooo difficulty ramp? non linear path to unlock?
    -Still not sure if he's a Jedi. Argument for not being one. He can use a lightsaber but hasn't underwent his jedi training. Money's on him being just a rebel. Just a guess but Bespin Luke will be a jedi/rebel. How epic would it be to have the final stage when Luke is against Vader out on the platform
    Territory battles
    -Certain characters will get bonuses on hoth.
    Hoth rebel soldier! Snowtrooper. Veers!
    -When you light up an area of the map that will unlock a certain part of your collection to use!!
    - Strategic areas>>Certain areas may have things like ion cannons or shield generators which will bonuses to your forces as one would expect ( imo ion cannon increases power against ships
    -Guild Vs Environment!
    -Earn territory battle specific currency
    Going to give players time to prepare for territory battle not rush it out like thrawn.

Is there any news on a release date?
  • Options
    the very last looks promising
    (the no rush part)
  • Options
    Okay, did they say new gear or exclusive gear? Because the other synopsis of the podcast said exclusive gear, which could just be taken to mean another source of raid gear.
  • Options
    Those notes need re-worked. Gear XII hasn't been confirmed anywhere, but it is overdue.
  • Options
    Those notes need re-worked. Gear XII hasn't been confirmed anywhere, but it is overdue.

Don't say that, from the data mines I have seen each individual piece of new gear is going to take about as much resources as gearing someone from ten to eleven. Getting Biggs and Wedge to gear 12 is likely to take as much gear as getting a whole squad to gear eleven from scratch.
  • Options

Don't say that, from the data mines I have seen each individual piece of new gear is going to take about as much resources as gearing someone from ten to eleven. Getting Biggs and Wedge to gear 12 is likely to take as much gear as getting a whole squad to gear eleven from scratch.

I think I saw that too. They better be OP and switch the meta around!
  • Options

I think I saw that too. They better be OP and switch the meta around!

R2D2 has brought Wedge back to arena viability for his lead already.

But yeah, I'm half expecting a zeta on Wedge's already amazing lead when gear 12 comes out.