Zaul

Soldier76
218 posts Member
Wait, what's the problem with Zaul? I haven't had much trouble with them. Fought 6 today, obliterated them, and fought 5 yesterday. Am i lucky or?...
My team:
Rex(L)
Anakin
Rey
Kylo
Maul
All g9 to 11
Lvl 85
Great mods to compliment their stats the best

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Rex lead has always been a counter to zMaul...
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Rex lead has always been a counter to zMaul...

This.

• Options
    Lol this thread made me laugh, especially since Zaul is about finished... thanks
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Wait a minute.. Why are you running Maul under Rex? He is like the slowest toon in the game. I would take just about any other toon before him in this comp..
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say rex lead is a direct counter to Zaul. Zaul lead is still wayyyy better, however it gives you a chance to compete on offense. Rex with Chaze, GK, and DN is a great counter, though R2D2 is the true counter. I'm guessing you either have better mods or gear level. Anyway, most zauls in my shard are a piece of cake. The difficult ones run Zavage, Fast SA, zDN and either ST/GK along with it.
  • Options
    My team is Rex, DN, Chaze and R2 so my problem is with good Thrawn teams, ZQGJ and better Rex teams, but never with Zaul.
  • Soldier76
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Wait a minute.. Why are you running Maul under Rex? He is like the slowest toon in the game. I would take just about any other toon before him in this comp..

My Maul has 167 speed, so he can actually attack lol
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Soldier76 wrote: »

I would put that +67 speed on a real toon. Post your roster. We can help you put together something a little more reliable.
  • Soldier76
    218 posts Member
    Options

I would put that +67 speed on a real toon. Post your roster. We can help you put together something a little more reliable.

My Darth Maul is very reliable, mind you. He is a real toon
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

Whatever floats your boat. There are just better characters to invest in under Rex.
  • Soldier76
    218 posts Member
    Options

Whatever floats your boat. There are just better characters to invest in under Rex.

I'll believe you, but Maul isn't going anywhere. He's been so helpful. Thanks though
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm glad the game had a change in the weather and the zaul cloud is blowing away.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I'm glad the game had chemotherapy and the zaul cancer is fading away.

What? Haven't you heard that Zaul was a "false meta," and that even when he was the most used leader of all time that it was really Chaze who were the true meta? You should really keep up with the latest past better.
  • Soldier76
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    I'm glad the game had chemotherapy and the zaul cancer is fading away.

What? Haven't you heard that Zaul was a "false meta," and that even when he was the most used leader of all time that it was really Chaze who were the true meta? You should really keep up with the latest past better.

Honestly, I thought all 3 of them were meta lol. Good to know
  • EsCu_TM
    44 posts Member
    Options
    In my shard (august 2016) there still are 25 zauls in top50...swgoh.gg meta report refers to number 1 spot in arena from each shard...so they aren't extinct yet...and new zauls appear every week.If you can beat any team in offense they are still good enough.
    And btw we haven't seen the new game mode yet, so maybe he will also be a beast there...who knows. :)
  • Nozone2016
    370 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    EDIT: Wrong thread!
    Post edited by Nozone2016 on