How does fracture work against another thrawn?

Tijack
76 posts Member
Lets say the enemy thrawn uses fracture against one of my guys. I use my thrawn to fracture his thrawn. What happens?

Is the fracture on my guy canceled or does it stay?

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    It stays
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    IDK, but I suposse it stays
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nvm
    Post edited by Bulldog1205 on
  • gatormatt
    304 posts Member
    Options
    It stays, and it would be a very unwise move strategically to fracture Thrawn while one of your toons is fractured. The fracture on your toon will last twice as long if you do that.
  • Options
    gatormatt wrote: »
    It stays, and it would be a very unwise move strategically to fracture Thrawn while one of your toons is fractured. The fracture on your toon will last twice as long if you do that.

Not necessarily. There are situations when it would actually be wise to Fracture a "Fracturing" Thrawn:
    -If Thrawn is currently the highest threat.
    -If killing Thrawn via a Fracture-combo would be quicker than increasing his TM in order to un-Fracture your toon.
    -If stopping his Counter is a more important objective than Fracturing someone else.

Part of the fun of using Thrawn is in the diversity of strategic options. I run a double Zeta'd Thrawn lead, DK, DT, Tarkin, TFP squad. It may not be the best, but it sure is fun to play.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Wouldn't fracturing their Thrawn just make it a 3v4 battle, not in your favor?
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Wouldn't fracturing their Thrawn just make it a 3v4 battle, not in your favor?

Again, it depends on the situation. It depends on who the enemy Thrawn has Fractured, what debuffs/cd increases you have on the other team, what other toons are in the enemy squad, if the enemy Thrawn's unique is Zeta'd or not, etc.

It may be 3 vs 4, but if your Thrawn has a Zeta'd unique then it's more of a 3.5 vs 4 since yours can still counter and potentially stun enemy toons while their Thrawn can't. This opens up AoE possibilities for you without fear of retribution while limiting the same on your opponent.
  • Options
    90% of the cases it's a very bad idea to fracture thrawn if you have a fractured ally. But if you're sure the fracture will help you beat thrawn, then it will help you recover your toon faster.