Why is Dooku the fastest character?

Does this bother anyone else? Let's examine the facts:
  • He's like, mega-old.
  • I can't think of a single thing he does in the canon that would imply him being even above-average speed.
  • Anakin, who's slow in this game, whooped him almost effortlessly. So why isn't Anakin faster?
  • There are TONS of characters who should be waaaay faster than him.

Every time I see him go first, I just can't help but think... "but he's so OLD!".

Replies

• CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Cause tie pilots and droids killing jedi and Sith is very realistic, you have problem about Dooku being old.
  • Options
    Anakin isn't slow.
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    All the characters who aren't represented even close to how they should be and you choose Dooku just because he's fast? Off the top of my head: Luke should have a lightsaber, Poe shouldn't be as useful as he is, FOTP pilot should die without firing a meaningful shot, Stormtroopers should miss every shot they fire, as should Chewie since he rarely hits anything in the movies with his bowcaster, IG-100 should kick some serious backside instead of being nigh on useless, Sid should crush all without them doing 1 iota of damage to him, Vader should be able to force choke every character other than Luke and Sid in 1 hit. The list goes on, but if it was based purely on the way the characters act in the movies then it wouldn't be a very fun game would it?
  • Options
    All the characters who aren't represented even close to how they should be and you choose Dooku just because he's fast? Off the top of my head: Luke should have a lightsaber, Poe shouldn't be as useful as he is, FOTP pilot should die without firing a meaningful shot, Stormtroopers should miss every shot they fire, as should Chewie since he rarely hits anything in the movies with his bowcaster, IG-100 should kick some serious backside instead of being nigh on useless, Sid should crush all without them doing 1 iota of damage to him, Vader should be able to force choke every character other than Luke and Sid in 1 hit. The list goes on, but if it was based purely on the way the characters act in the movies then it wouldn't be a very fun game would it?

It just seems really weird to me that when the devs were building this game this conversation happened:

"So, who should be the fastest character?"
    "Hmm... Luke? Rey? I dunno, who's fast?"
    "DOOKU! MAKE COUNT DOOKU REALLY FAST!"
    "Great idea. Makes sense. Ship it."
  • Options
    Not complaining just think it's odd.

Not complaining just think it's odd.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options

It just seems really weird to me that when the devs were building this game this conversation happened:

"So, who should be the fastest character?"
    "Hmm... Luke? Rey? I dunno, who's fast?"
    "DOOKU! MAKE COUNT DOOKU REALLY FAST!"
    "Great idea. Makes sense. Ship it."

Dooku have become more powerful than any jedi! That's what he said!
  • Options
    Yeah I guess he did say that...
  • Options
    Does this bother anyone else? Let's examine the facts:
    • Anakin, who's slow in this game, whooped him almost effortlessly. So why isn't Anakin faster?
    You've got the wrong movie there, pal. Anakin lost his hand because he couldn't match his speed. It wasn't until Palpatine started luring him to the dark side that Anakin got powerful enough to beat Count Dooku.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There are actually a number of theories as to how Anakin beat Dooku, and not all of them have anything to do with Anakin being more skilled.
    Anyone remember watching Episode 2 for the first time (if you didn't know any spoilers)? I remember how they set up the battle between him and Dooku as Yoda having no chance because he was so old and could barely walk. And then... wow. It's "the Force", basically it's magic, it doesn't have to make sense.
    Dooku was considered one of the very top lightsaber masters of his era. He had decades of experience. Heck, he tossed Obiwan around like a rag doll without breaking a sweat in both fights.
    So we have.. Anakin beating Dooku, Dooku makes a joke out of Obiwan, and Obiwan defeats Anakin (or at least plays him to a stalemate.) Life is weird that way...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Obi had the high ground so he won. (Though Mythbusters would say otherwise.) ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Dooku is fast as **** in canon. And he basically **** everyone up. Including anakin a few times. I love him.
  • Options
    Watch rebels yo
  • Options
    **** he fights yoda in the movies for christs sake. Perhaps you can't see how fast he is because he is too fast
  • OldDakaNewBarber
    233 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BanThabals wrote: »
    Watch rebels yo

Does Dooku come back in Rebels the same way Maul comes back in Clone Wars? Just a head with an entire robort body XD?

But in all seriousness, I have no problem with Dooku's speed, since he is shown beating 3 nightsisters at once, while they are invisible, while he is drugged!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyiDDQYPUIs
  • Options
    Because he's Dracula. Everyone knows vampires are super-fast.