EP

Haxthar
156 posts Member
He was no piece of cake to unlock. With the emergence of Thrawn and the OPness of GK doesn't he deserve another look?

Replies

• Liamtbqh
    620 posts Member
    Options
    He's got room for two zeta's yet ;)
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    EP is still an amazing toon in Sith and Empire teams.
    Just like Yoda though after he came out.. he quickly dropped of the top teams.
  • Options
    I think he's still great (for me I find shock almost a necessity to deal with a lot of the teams on my shard and his damage is pretty good. AOE stun is also nice). But yes I think power creep is beginning to affect him as IMHO he should always be one of the most powerful toons. A Zeta or two would be nice and I'm sure it's in the pipeline!
  • Options
    I have an idea for an Emperor zeta for his lead. "Whenever an enemy resists a debuff from Empire or Sith ally while Palpatine is alive, inflict tenacity down for 1 turn which can't be resisted". I think RG would need a slight rework with some synergy with Palps to protect him. Maybe some even a taunt at start if present.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Toons like EP Boba and Rex were all once OP but now they all share the same problem. They're all squishy. Squishy like you would not believe, it's a major liability to have a toon is your squad that will die from random AOE spray or a weak basic attack. I've been able to kill Rex from full health with a Tarkin basic plenty of times. Most of the new generation of toons are built like Thrawn or DN. They are stout and can take a hit. People were worried about Thrawn going back an forth with Biggs but it turns out Thrawn can actually beat Biggs in a shoot out. For EP I would love a unique that gives him almost constant foresight or possibly to his lead for the whole squad.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    Toons like EP Boba and Rex were all once OP but now they all share the same problem. They're all squishy. Squishy like you would not believe, it's a major liability to have a toon is your squad that will die from random AOE spray or a weak basic attack. I've been able to kill Rex from full health with a Tarkin basic plenty of times. Most of the new generation of toons are built like Thrawn or DN. They are stout and can take a hit. People were worried about Thrawn going back an forth with Biggs but it turns out Thrawn can actually beat Biggs in a shoot out. For EP I would love a unique that gives him almost constant foresight or possibly to his lead for the whole squad.

Tarkin is also weak. There is plenty of low HP toons that are still usable (Boba can revive so it increases his HP), but all behind a tank or foresight.
    Now, it's true that the new toons adapt to the power creep by levering the HP and protection, but it's also to be able to use them at low star.
  • Mattikin
    107 posts Member
    Options
    I've always felt that they missed a trick by not allowing him a multi-attack opportunity in the vein of Leia.

He would be a fearsome foe if he did that, also like the idea if combining that with Royal Guard auto-taunting for the emperor.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

Tarkin is also weak. There is plenty of low HP toons that are still usable (Boba can revive so it increases his HP), but all behind a tank or foresight.
    Now, it's true that the new toons adapt to the power creep by levering the HP and protection, but it's also to be able to use them at low star.

At any given moment in a battle Tarkin probably has plus 200 percent defense. Post rework Tarkin is not squishy.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    Options
    If you added a remove turn meter to his AOE and gave him a good Zeta lead that included either gaining TM of his own or foresight that would make him much better without touching his health, but that said yeah, he's squishy af that's a big issue and why he doesn't make the cut in my Arena team