Double Cleanse Team: Swap R2 for K2?

Darth_Julienus1
394 posts Member
edited July 2017
I was thinking for those waiting to unlock GK and running double cleanse (Rex L, Chaze, R2Z2, zDN) would it not be better to swap R2 for K2SO?

I run double cleanse and the only time when it becomes harder (and I might lose) is when I get let down by Baze's taunt and my Rex gets one-shot.

Don't get me wrong, R2 is a great toon and his stealth is useful. But frankly I don't feel like he is vital to my team besides maybe for stunning the opponent's DN.

On paper I feel like K2SO's annoying taunt and counter taunt might be a better way to keep all 5 toons alive for zDN to snipe the defending team.

Plus with Thrawn I would say having 2 taunters might become a must if one gets fractured at the start...

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthjulienus/

Any thoughts?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7314 posts Moderator
    Options
    If you are going against zeta DN, he will get health down, which will cut his counter attack.

Rex is unfortunately very Squishy. One trick you could try if you are not close to killing anyone is to have Chirrut equalize health, which will force a taunt on Baze.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    If you are going against zeta DN, he will get health down, which will cut his counter attack.

Rex is unfortunately very Squishy. One trick you could try if you are not close to killing anyone is to have Chirrut equalize health, which will force a taunt on Baze.

Frankly I have the easiest times against DN or Empire teams so that shouldn't be that problematic. Plus K2 is quite fast for a tank so even with reduce counter attacks he can still taunt quite often on his normal attacks as he will be constantly buffed by Chaze and Rex.

It becomes harder for me against teams with GK. It usually involves Chaze so yeah K2 might receive debuffs too often to be an efficient taunter.

• Options
    Might as well run a full r1 team with Jyn and Cassian
  • Options
    Might as well run a full r1 team with Jyn and Cassian

This team does not hold well on defense at all