Rex's lead needs an update

Prev1
Rex's lead is ridiculous. It's easy enough to beat on offense but it's allowing inferior teams with inferior mods and gear/star levels to compete at the top. It's not right. If anything his lead should at least be minimized to just Galactic Republic, not every one in the game. Any other lead that's this good is subject to only affect one or two factions. I'm tired of seeing weak teams hiding behind a Rex lead in the top 10.

Replies

• Karek77
    292 posts Member
    Options
    I completely agree. Rex was a character PRE mod so his skills were designed for that time. With mods Critical Chance are over the roof and seems really unfair having Rex giving TM to all characters like crazy. Extremely unbalanced.
  • Wrathe
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Someone's Chaze not sitting at the top as easy as it used to?
  • Options
    Eh, Rex is super squishy. Rex lead basically starts you down a man, with his lead & hopefully TU.
  • Options
    Perhaps you could give us an example of "inferior" or "weak" team that sits behind Rex at the top?
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »

I'm not running Rex or Chaze. But my teams I run are always 100% maxed for gear and stars in arena with several 100-125+ mod sets. 5* g10 toons with inferior mods should not be able to compete against that. It's a completely broken system. I'm really getting tired of this everyone gets a medal for participating junk.
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

This kind of post just show that u are stupid. Ive never ran chaze (even though i have them) or Rex, I still rank #1 everyday. Nevertheless, Rex wasnt made for mods and this is OP
  • Options
    Well I doubt they will ever nerf Rex's Leadership ability, since so many people have invested gear and time on him now. He is squishy but most top arena players know to hide him behind Chaze or GK. If you really hate Rex, you could just use a DN lead Sith team against them LOL
  • Options
    Rex is already on the way out, due to his squishiness and low damage output. Empire is going to be the new meta as soon as enough people get the right toons built, and even before that I'm seeing people moving to Wedge or GK leads for their multicleanse teams.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Rex devalues mods more than any other leader in the game, he's the only leader that punishes the opponent for having superior mods
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    The whole clones need improvment, not only Rex. If you limit his leadership to Galactic Republic only, he'll become an unuseful leader since full Clones or Rex lead + Galactic Republic are not viable for arena.
    His only use will be in Rancor raid. So, rework all Clones or nobody.
  • Wrathe
    198 posts Member
    Options
    Karek77 wrote: »

This kind of post just show that u are ****. Ive never ran chaze (even though i have them) or Rex, I still rank #1 everyday. Nevertheless, Rex wasnt made for mods and this is OP

Sure, or that my shard is largely comprised of Chaze at the top. It's Rex and Chaze now as part of TCA, prior, it was just Chaze.

• Synergy
    140 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Introduce counters, not nerfs. R2 is a perfect example. Rather than directly nerf Zaul lead and invite an onslaught of complaints, the devs designed a char with an Accuracy buff to all allies and an unevadeable Burning status effect that negates evasion. Both would have had a similar effect on the meta.
    Rex lead can be addressed similarly. Introduce a character that steals/drains/negates/punishes turn meter gain. Here's a random example: Whenever an enemy gains turn meter artificially (not due to speed), Mother Talzin has a chance to inflict Stun on them for 1 turn. The Stun chance is equal to 50/60/65/75/85/90/100% of the amount of turn meter gained. (Zeta, possibly OP because it would bypass Tenacity Up) If inflicted, this Stun cannot be Resisted.
  • Options
    Rex already has a hard counter - DN lead.

iN DarthJarJar | Team Instinct Δ
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Rex's lead is ridiculous. It's easy enough to beat on offense but it's allowing inferior teams with inferior mods and gear/star levels to compete at the top. It's not right. If anything his lead should at least be minimized to just Galactic Republic, not every one in the game. Any other lead that's this good is subject to only affect one or two factions. I'm tired of seeing weak teams hiding behind a Rex lead in the top 10.

His leadership cuts in half for non clone allies. There's no need to minimize it to galactic republic. This would cause a lot of anger in the community due to many using a rex lead. Besides, their slowly dissapearing anyway and being taken over by Nihilus and empire leads. What "inferior" teams are competing at the top? That doesn't even make sense.
  • Synergy
    140 posts Member
    Options
    RebelBass wrote: »
    Rex already has a hard counter - DN lead.
    DN lead is already kind of a hard counter to itself, by taking away healing AND exposing the entire protection pool to health-percentage based effects like Burning, DoTs, Expose, any Sith under DN lead go down real fast, to any team. Health Steal doesn't make up for it, that only works if you have reliable counter chance like Chaze--I think Dooku is the only one who would fall under that category and he's pretty darn squishy.
    Plus the fact that Sidious, Savage, Maul have skill sets that synergize with critical chance so if you run those guys under DN you're looking at subpar performance.
    And you box yourself in to using mostly/all Sith, otherwise it kind of defeats the purpose of having an anti-CC team, which leaves out the flexibility of using legendary/plug-and-play characters. Like R2, who is pretty important facing Zaul leads.
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Synergy wrote: »
    Introduce counters, not nerfs. R2 is a perfect example. Rather than directly nerf Zaul lead and invite an onslaught of complaints, the devs designed a char with an Accuracy buff to all allies and an unevadeable Burning status effect that negates evasion. Both would have had a similar effect on the meta.
    Rex lead can be addressed similarly. Introduce a character that steals/drains/negates/punishes turn meter gain. Here's a random example: Whenever an enemy gains turn meter artificially (not due to speed), Mother Talzin has a chance to inflict Stun on them for 1 turn. The Stun chance is equal to 50/60/65/75/85/90/100% of the amount of turn meter gained. (Zeta, possibly OP because it would bypass Tenacity Up) If inflicted, this Stun cannot be Resisted.

Rex doesn't need a specific counter. Admittidly, his leader is really good; but his basic and Subdue are meh, and he NEVER lives to cleanse/TU twice. Even behind tanks Rex dies very quickly.

Also yes, DN lead completely hoses Rex lead.
  • Options

Nihilus is already the counter
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Agreed, his lead is ridiculous, overused it needs a nerf, quickly, fighting Quadruple Cleanse teams (CHEAPEST TEAMS) with TM Gain its a PAIN
  • Synergy
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's just my shard but I have yet to see a successful DN lead team in the top 10, despite the Rex leads out there. R2 is a popular toon nowadays and with Burning taking away 15% health per tick, 20% health Exposes showing up on Tarkin's lead now, not just Jyn or Resistance, I (nor anyone on my shard, apparently) can justify running DN lead solely to questionably "counter" Rex, and even still probably not perform as well as running their own Rex lead, Rebels+R2, or some other more meta variant.
    Saying you can run DN lead to counter Rex, imo, is like saying you can run Jawas to counter Droids. I mean, you could, in theory, but no thanks.
  • Options
    Maybe it's just my shard but I have yet to see a successful DN lead team in the top 10, despite the Rex leads out there. R2 is a popular toon nowadays and with Burning taking away 15% health per tick, 20% health Exposes showing up on Tarkin's lead now, not just Jyn or Resistance, I (nor anyone on my shard, apparently) can justify running DN lead solely to questionably "counter" Rex, and even still probably not perform as well as running their own Rex lead, Rebels+R2, or some other more meta variant.
    Saying you can run DN lead to counter Rex, imo, is like saying you can run Jawas to counter Droids. I mean, you could, in theory, but no thanks.

It's just your shard. I see Nihilus leads quite often in the top 10.
  • Options
    @Synergy this team can hold #1 spot in arena: Nihilus (lead), emperor palpatine, r2 d2, sith assassin, and savage opress. Your welcome.
  • Options
    How dare those peasants f2p with sucky mods to get into the top of the shard with the high class all maxed characters and our 20+ speed mods!!! Lol some elitists need a huge dosis of hipoglos.

Btw Rex lead is dissapearing. Now is more Thrawn, or wiggs/chaze/r2 combo
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    How dare those peasants f2p with sucky mods to get into the top of the shard with the high class all maxed characters and our 20+ speed mods!!! Lol some elitists need a huge dosis of hipoglos.

The problem is that inferior gearlvls and "speedless" modded teams can be on top... Thats not elitist, thats a balance problem!

Then again, as others have said, rex is on his way out anyway
  • Dundadarr
    157 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The problem is that inferior gearlvls and "speedless" modded teams can be on top... Thats not elitist, thats a balance problem!

Then again, as others have said, rex is on his way out anyway

Agreed. The real balance problem is that defense is no longer viable ... there isn't any line up that can hold top 10 or even top 20 other than by being lucky on who attacks it .. and there hasn't been for some time. Empire pass has just added to the number of teams that can win every offense whilst doing nothing to balance defense.

Nerfing OP toons like rex would be a start on restoring some balance.
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

Yes those f2p peasants belong in the gutter, no top 50 arena for any of them. The high class characters belong to only us whales. How dare they farm them for free and not spend money on everything. Sell rex in a $99 dollar pack and make him chromium exclusive again and we'll be happy.
  • WR4TH0R
    170 posts Member
    Options
    It's tenacity up that needs addressing.
    3 turns is huge, battles are seriously one sided after 3 rounds.

Imo rex's cleanse/ten up shiuld be like chirruts
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options

Rex lead is fine. If he is changed then we also need a change to Chaze and GK.
  • Options
    I do agree that there should be some sort of faction rule built into his lead ability. I use him as lead in my team with Fives, Echo, Sarge and R2. Annoying that sith etc get the same bonuses that my team do.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I'm not running Rex or Chaze. But my teams I run are always 100% maxed for gear and stars in arena with several 100-125+ mod sets. 5* g10 toons with inferior mods should not be able to compete against that. It's a completely broken system. I'm really getting tired of this everyone gets a medal for participating junk.

Well, not everyone gets a medal for participating. If anything, rex increases the the difficulty of the competition since he allows more players to compete for the top spots. Unfortunately for you that means you have to put in more effort to take the best rewards eventhough you've apparantly got better mods and gear than others.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Tobe_Train wrote: »
    I do agree that there should be some sort of faction rule built into his lead ability. I use him as lead in my team with Fives, Echo, Sarge and R2. Annoying that sith etc get the same bonuses that my team do.

They don't, his abilities are much better for clone allies. You just don't see that because clone-only squads have much bigger issues then Rex.