Idea for Squad and Fleet Arena Payouts

Hey everyone,

I had an idea regarding payouts which might make more players happy while removing the fruatration that comes from getting "Sniped" right before payout time (as well as removing the need to save a fight attempt before payout time to block sniping).

Now, I am usually Ranked #1 in both Squad and Fleet Arena but it is a relatively young shard (everyone is using Maxed out stuff though), but same as everyone I have to deal with snipers too. Anyhoo...

I propose that they should add a 10 minute window before our current payout times, and add a "Claim Payout" or "Claim Reward" button, instead of having to wait till 6pm exactly, for example. The game just looks at your current rank, regardless of whether you are currently being attacked, and sends the appropriate reward to your inbox.

Now, this woyld probably mean more gems and corresponding tokens for everybody, but I don't believe that its a bad thing in the long run. To me, reducing the need for players to buy Arena refreshes or cooldowns just means that tiny bit extra I could use on gear or energy refreshes.

Comments? Cheers everyone.

Replies

• Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I disagree 100%. Arena is a competitive aspect of this game and when the clock runs out, the winner is rewarded.

I wonder what would happen on a basketball court if 2 mins b4 the final buzzer, the team in the lead could just claim the win.

Fight for it, keep it, earn it. If u can't, then u aren't entitled to it. Try harder next time.

Sniped, colluded against, whatever the excuse...and it is an excuse...u either succeeded or u didn't. Bottom line.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    I disagree 100%. Arena is a competitive aspect of this game and when the clock runs out, the winner is rewarded.

I wonder what would happen on a basketball court if 2 mins b4 the final buzzer, the team in the lead could just claim the win.
    If it was basketball, it would be the old timey version of basketball that everybody hated because there was no shot clock. Professional teams just scored a few points and then held the ball to maintain their lead & run down the game clock.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What they should do for arena is just have a button to push for payout once every 24 hours. Climb whenever you want and it's convenient for you. I know I'm not alone with a payout at a time that doesn't work for me 5 days out the week. Who came up with 6pm? That's the time most adults are with their family or driving home. Playing arena at that time in either situation doesn't seem like a good idea.

Or change it to the 9pm reset even that would be better. 6pm is just a bad time.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Snipers are not my biggest issue ... the time, i "get forced to play" =the not configable payout time is the most issue for me. im at work/drinving home when i should battle in arena. and even when im at home at the time, i have to watch for my kid .... 6pm (7pm depending on daylight saving) is one of the worst times.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Ariella
    219 posts Member
    Options
    I have some sympathy on the sniping element. It would be nice if the game just took your highest rank achieved since the last payout, and paid out on that basis. But then I guess potentially hundreds of players would be getting paid on the basis of achieving 1st... would that be so bad? I don't know. They got 1st, at a given time in the day, and under the current rules it counted for nothing... the only real way to hold it is to make sure you're in battle at your payout time, does that make them a better player? I think not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Fight for it, keep it, earn it. If u can't, then u aren't entitled to it. Try harder next time.

Sniped, colluded against, whatever the excuse...and it is an excuse...u either succeeded or u didn't. Bottom line.

This. Competition is what makes arena great, the payout is the icing on the cake.
    Whazn wrote: »
    What they should do for arena is just have a button to push for payout once every 24 hours. Climb whenever you want and it's convenient for you. I know I'm not alone with a payout at a time that doesn't work for me 5 days out the week. Who came up with 6pm? That's the time most adults are with their family or driving home. Playing arena at that time in either situation doesn't seem like a good idea.

Or change it to the 9pm reset even that would be better. 6pm is just a bad time.

No. Just no. Can we please stop asking for a participation award. The clock is what drives the competition.

Now the other part, yes. Please change the payout time so it's not near dinner time. 9 would work well.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

This. Competition is what makes arena great, the payout is the icing on the cake.
    Whazn wrote: »

No. Just no. Can we please stop asking for a participation award. The clock is what drives the competition.

Now the other part, yes. Please change the payout time so it's not near dinner time. 9 would work well.
    You were doing so well with the "survival of the fittest" stuff until that last part! Dinner is for the weak!