The Ewok rant

Mále
24 posts Member
edited July 2017
Disclaimer: This rant is purely intended to express my undying hatred for the Ewoks. It is in no way intended to call out the developing team of Star Wars Galaxy of kittens Narnia, discourage spending among the 12-year old Ewok fan base or in any way violate the Terms of Service.

So, the beloved Ewoks were first introduced in Star Wars Ep. VI: “Return of the Jedi” echoing historical events by having a bunch of man-eating teddy bears armed with sticks, rocks and creepy facial expressions defeat the vastly technologically superior Galactic Empire. This was obviously everyone’s favorite Star Wars movie and its success widely contributed to the little monsters outshining Jedi, scoundrels and bikini clad royalty to save the galaxy from the oppression of the evil Empire. In fact, they were so popular that two stand-alone movies were made with a third installment unfortunately never making it into production.

The first Ewok movie, “The Ewok Adventure” (1984), was a made for TV fantasy movie with the E.T. and Gremlins crossover space muppets finally getting the screen time they deserved. It was about some kids who entered a fantasy world through a wardrobe, met a Lion, a Witch and some kitten Ewoks. It petted kittens. Rivaled in suckiness only by the notorious 1978 Holiday Special and Jar-Jar Binks. And it failed at cash grabbing its place in action figure history. However, this did not prevent a sequel from being made. “Ewoks: The Battle for Narnia” was released in 1985 starring more kitten faced fluff bears. Surely to haunt the intended kiddy audience in nightmares for years to come. If anyone had actually watched it, that is.

In Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes the Ewoks haven’t exactly been left in obscurity as they have been Meta for several raid fights and they are now getting an unwanted rework that may see them rise to some level of arena Meta. If even Disney doesn’t like kids enough to reboot this sad part of George Lucas’ legacy, why would you force it upon a fan base of mainly grown-ups who spent their entire life hating it? Why can’t we have more Wookies? We like Wookies. Not kittens or Ewoks.

Can we at least get a mail order of complimentary fluffy Ewok slippers? They will be awesome for wiping the floor for the crowd who prefer to pee standing up. And let’s get a “Ewok hating mega thread” instead of deleting this please. I’m not done! At least let us have that! Kittens or Ewoks!
Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Hey devs, when are we getting Aslan?
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I love Ewoks.
    They are extremely smart.
    They pretend to be weak, but are stronger than troopers.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options
    I agree.
    Even if they are necessary to release Jedi Luke, that's a mean move.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Can't lie, this is a pretty good rant. 9.5/10, would definetely read again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    This is one of the better rants on here.
    Empire Relic
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Can't lie, this is a pretty good rant. 9.5/10, would definetely read again.

As much as I like the Ewoks, yep, this was a really quality rant. Would recommend. And +1 to fluffy Ewok slippers.
  • Options
    This thread has sparked a debate within our guild chat now.
    Empire Relic
  • Options
    This post definitely did not "pet kittens."
  • Options
    Mále wrote: »
    Disclaimer: This rant is purely intended to express my undying hatred for the Ewoks. It is in no way intended to call out the developing team of Star Wars Galaxy of kittens Narnia, discourage spending among the 12-year old Ewok fan base or in any way violate the Terms of Service.

So, the beloved Ewoks were first introduced in Star Wars Ep. VI: “Return of the Jedi” echoing historical events by having a bunch of man-eating teddy bears armed with sticks, rocks and creepy facial expressions defeat the vastly technologically superior Galactic Empire. This was obviously everyone’s favorite Star Wars movie and its success widely contributed to the little monsters outshining Jedi, scoundrels and bikini clad royalty to save the galaxy from the oppression of the evil Empire. In fact, they were so popular that two stand-alone movies were made with a third installment unfortunately never making it into production.

The first Ewok movie, “The Ewok Adventure” (1984), was a made for TV fantasy movie with the E.T. and Gremlins crossover space muppets finally getting the screen time they deserved. It was about some kids who entered a fantasy world through a wardrobe, met a Lion, a Witch and some **** Ewoks. It petted kittens. Rivaled in suckiness only by the notorious 1978 Holiday Special and Jar-Jar Binks. And it failed at cash grabbing its place in action figure history. However, this did not prevent a sequel from being made. “Ewoks: The Battle for Narnia” was released in 1985 starring more kitten faced fluff bears. Surely to haunt the intended kiddy audience in nightmares for years to come. If anyone had actually watched it, that is.

In Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes the Ewoks haven’t exactly been left in obscurity as they have been Meta for several raid fights and they are now getting an unwanted rework that may see them rise to some level of arena Meta. If even Disney doesn’t like kids enough to reboot this sad part of George Lucas’ legacy, why would you force it upon a fan base of mainly grown-ups who spent their entire life hating it? Why can’t we have more Wookies? We like Wookies. Not kittens or Ewoks.

Can we at least get a mail order of complimentary fluffy Ewok slippers? They will be awesome for wiping the floor for the crowd who prefer to pee standing up. And let’s get a “Ewok hating mega thread” instead of deleting this please. I’m not done! At least let us have that! Kittens or Ewoks!
    Don't hate on my furry creatures.

• Options
    Quality rant. We need more like it.
  • crzydroid
    7385 posts Moderator
    Options
    Does anyone remember when the Ewoks were going to cook Han, Chewie, and Luke to eat them? The empty stormtrooper helmets they're playing at the end should deeply disturb you.
  • Options
    Hey, the devs love Star Wars too and some of the designers are big fans of the Ewoks... so yeah. They probably watched the Ewok specials when they were kids.

Star Wars is a big universe. I personally am not excited about Ewoks but I was super hyped about Thrawn.

I don't really care all that much for getting Jedi Luke but MANY people are dying to have him.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride. In the next few months we will be getting new content, new characters, and more faction passes.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm 35 and enjoy Ewoks. Sorry if you don't, but there's an awful lot of other stuff in the Star Wars universe for you that's darker and grittier and more mature and adult with spikes on that you can take seriously.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.