New Mod Packs

gregg12
31 posts Member
Looking at the new mod packs, there are some things that have changed that I like about them. I'm glad that 3 dots were removed, I like that there is a guaranteed mod for each slot, I like the bonus guaranteed gold, I like that all mods are colored, and that you can choose the set.

However, after reading the drop posts here and within my guild, it still seems like an expensive gamble. There are quite a few people saying they essentially got nothing because almost all of them turned out to be 4 dot, or none had speed secondaries. This has kept me from buying any so far.

Since a high speed secondary is by far the most important stat on a mod, I'd like to suggest offering a pack that has guaranteed speed secondaries. The nature of most crystal based packs is a large amount of randomness, so perhaps they can be guaranteed to have a speed secondary, but also be 4 or 5 dots, and include arrows (which in most cases an arrow with a speed secondary is considered a bust). They would be slanted toward being green more often then not. And there is always the risk on blue, purple, and gold that the speed stat won't upgrade at all, so the RNG aspect is still very much involved. How many people would be interested in this type of mod pack?

Replies

• ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Worst idea ever. Would literally kill the mod climb, which is currently slow and steady. If every player instantly had +20 speed secondaries on every mod the day they released packs (because some people can actually afford to dump $3000 on this game in one day), I would quit.

boxxy+take+my+word.gif
  • Options
    Mod packs are great for people starting out. Especially to get some sets you might not be able to unlock yet. But the gamble is real...tournament drop mod packs were great. The change and re-launch of mod packs haven't been so great.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Worst idea ever. Would literally kill the mod climb, which is currently slow and steady. If every player instantly had +20 speed secondaries on every mod the day they released packs (because some people can actually afford to dump $3000 on this game in one day), I would quit.

boxxy+take+my+word.gif

this-gif-11.gif
  • Options
    These mod packs were way better than last time. Between all the times they were offered I've probably bought 40 packs. But new mod challenge challenges already conpletely devalued mods