I have always wondered.

We have all heard the names and might even associate are selfs with one of them. My question is what does it take in spending terms to make it into a certain category. I mean how much does a person have to spend on this game a month to be considered a whale, or dolphin, guppie, minnow. Also please let me know if I missed any.

My main reason for asking is for the longest time I was F2P, but have recently started spending on this game. Frankly I'm not sure what I am anymore now that I have started spending on the game

Replies

• STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    If you're in the thousands your a whale. less than 100 your a guppie or whatever. everything else is in between there
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Well, I think Krakens are top of the food chain. I am pretty sure if you've ever maxed a character the day their pack was released, then you are a Whale. Krakens probably do this regularly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    It's a personal choice.

Some people would consider anyone who has paid p2p. $5-2000, doesn't matter.

No one will give you a single answer and there was a thread a while ago that tried to categorize it and it's was just an argument about how people spend on this game.

• Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    If you're in the thousands your a whale. less than 100 your a guppie or whatever. everything else is in between there

Is that thousands over the life time of your play. Cause there is no way you can spend thousands a month sooner or later you are going to run out of stuff to buy. They don't make content that fast.
    Kyno wrote: »
    It's a personal choice.

Some people would consider anyone who has paid p2p. $5-2000, doesn't matter.

No one will give you a single answer and there was a thread a while ago that tried to categorize it and it's was just an argument about how people spend on this game.

So what makes a whale is the point of view of the person who has less (characters, gear, zetas) than the person they just lost to or looked at.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Well, I think Krakens are top of the food chain. I am pretty sure if you've ever maxed a character the day their pack was released, then you are a Whale. Krakens probably do this regularly.
    6rdmnyrlf2t1.jpg

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber