Guild Management

In game guild management is a pain due to the chat system and not enough space on the guild page.

What is an easier thing to manage: line, discord, or posting a bunch of rules and such on a private subReddit?

We are mostly looking for a place to put guild rules as people are going over the cap on rancor. We want to lay it all out there so we can kick the bad ones and fix the ones that are good but messed up. I know nothing about line or discord so I am not sure that they can serve this purpose. Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    We finally launched a Discord server for our guild. I think it's great but after a week, we only have 17 on Discord. It's not a requirement for membership-yet.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Experience wise discord is the best... but like any 3rd party app people need to sign up or no point
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    I Line Chat group is effective if people join it. I have a ZD24 rule for Rancor we occasionally get new members that doesn't understand that Zero damage for 24 hours means you send 1 guy and die, I constantly sate it in guild chat and the message of the day space. But someone still don't get it and get booted basically for failure to read guild chat. I was told child accounts may not see guild chat, I don't know if that is true, but if they can't read guild chat to see the rules they will never be able to follow them and get kicked.
  • Options
    Not a Mol Eliza but some don't read it seems.
    We finally launched a Discord server for our guild. I think it's great but after a week, we only have 17 on Discord. It's not a requirement for membership-yet.

How does the discord server work? Is it just chats or can you put rules somewhere too like a message board?
  • Options
    There can be rule posts, but they get buried from chat. Our leader/officers just tag everybody at each raid start. Like others here have noted...doesn't work if you aren't signed up and allow notifications.
  • Options
    You can create different channels for different topics. Put rules in their own section.
  • Collii
    47 posts Member
    Options
    I had to install discord for this game and for Warcraft and it's surprisingly easy to use. Easy to list rules and easy to chat with for those who want to. Much better than guild chat
  • Options
    Thanks all.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Line has a couple advantages. It shows u how many ppl have read what u typed and linking videos is a breeze.
  • Options
    In line you can leave rules posted in the notes section of the chat
  • Options
    Discord is great because you can use web based invite links for your guild members to join. Plus its one of the easiest communcation apps to use.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    Line has a couple advantages. It shows u how many ppl have read what u typed and linking videos is a breeze.

Is it harder in discord? I'll probably play with both this weekend to find what's right.

What does discord do better?
    What does line do better?
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    My guild started in Line but after a few months, all of us moved to Discord and I really prefer Discord. For Discord, the ability to make separate channels and limit who can post is great, as well as the the ability to make tags for groups (back when tank first launched, we even had a chirpatine tag so all guild members who could run chirpatine would know when P3 opened to attack). You can also use bots in Discord for reminders. I also like the ability to edit what you wrote and if you have administrator power, the ability to delete other people's posts. You can also see when people in the chat are online easily.
  • Tantema_Garnik
    302 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oops
  • Options
    Gamechat with no history is useless...no links...no screenshots

We are using Discord since 2 Month. Its like heaven with seperate chat rooms for hRancor, AAT, GW,...
    Tipps you just pin once for ever. Online help with screenshots during GW. HQ chat with limit rights.
    There are personal and all notification and we run a simple welcome bot, when new people join first time, it shows the rules plus guild information.
    And there is freedom of speech!
    Also have line, but dont use it.
    Cons are: do not expect that 100% is joining a 3rd party app at all, but there will be a overall more and better conversation.
    Good luck!

PS: you can test discord if you like: https://discord.gg/9RsDzDj
  • Options
    Gamechat with no history is useless...no links...no screenshots

We are using Discord since 2 Month. Its like heaven with seperate chat rooms for hRancor, AAT, GW,...
    Tipps you just pin once for ever. Online help with screenshots during GW. HQ chat with limit rights.
    There are personal and all notification and we run a simple welcome bot, when new people join first time, it shows the rules plus guild information.
    And there is freedom of speech!
    Also have line, but dont use it.
    Cons are: do not expect that 100% is joining a 3rd party app at all, but there will be a overall more and better conversation.
    Good luck!

PS: you can test discord if you like: https://discord.gg/9RsDzDj

Thanks been testing it and it's useful.