Dear Devs - I believe i have the answer to arena shard collusion: Arena Shard Rotation!

Prev134
EldMapat
85 posts Member
edited July 2017
I believe if you rotated arena shards on weekly basis that it would deter players from colluding as it would be tedious to find the top teams on the shard every week.

There could be a shard reset day, say sunday/monday on the time when the least amount of payouts are affected, where all of the player-base gets randomly shuffled. Then on the rotation day, give the players 10-15 free arena battles so the shard can align as it should with the top players near the top. The rest of the week would play just like it is now.

Edit: you can only be randomized into a new shard with players that started he same month as you. This would keep it fair for new players.

What do you think?
Post edited by EldMapat on

Replies

• Options
    I was not aware the devs stated that there was a problem with working with shardmates. If you don't want to join the collusion, that's your problem.
  • Options
    They never stated an opinion on the matter. I just think collusion takes away from the competitive nature in the game. I also think it makes arena boring.
  • StarSon
    7441 posts Member
    Options
    This won't work for several reasons, and also doesn't actually fix anything, so would be a waste of time.
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    Options
    I was not aware the devs stated that there was a problem with working with shardmates. If you don't want to join the collusion, that's your problem.

Yep, feels like those who feels some how there is a need to ban people for working togethet must have some personal issues they have yet to resolve.
  • Options
    The only arena members colluding with each other are probably the top 5 or top 10 players at most. Sure it sucks, but the rest of us that are slugging it out in the top 200-10 don't want to have to do even more battles just to try to stay competitive.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't want anyone banned for collusion. It's actually a good way to ensure good payouts on a daily basis. I just want the pure competitiveness back into arena
  • Options
    EldMapat wrote: »
    They never stated an opinion on the matter. I just think collusion takes away from the competitive nature in the game. I also think it makes arena boring.
    "Dear devs: I believe I have the answer to arena shard collusion"
    The title alone heavily implies that there is a problem, that the devs have acknowledged, with collusion.
    Personally, I feel that if I were to lose the people on my shard, who I've gotten to know over the past year and a half, I would be uninstalling the game. Them, and my guild are really the only reason I still play. I know a lot of people would have my opinion too, but there will of course be others who would disagree.
    I do strongly believe the game would see a huge drop in players if something like this were to happen though.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    The title alone heavily implies that there is a problem, that the devs have acknowledged, with collusion.
    Personally, I feel that if I were to lose the people on my shard, who I've gotten to know over the past year and a half, I would be uninstalling the game. Them, and my guild are really the only reason I still play. I know a lot of people would have my opinion too, but there will of course be others who would disagree.
    I do strongly believe the game would see a huge drop in players if something like this were to happen though.

Um so you cant collude for top places in arena you would give the game and your guild up ?

/clap
  • Dooku_for_days
    2907 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »

Um so you cant collude for top places in arena you would give the game and your guild up ?

/clap
    That's not what I said at all. I said that I enjoy playing and talking with the people on my arena, and to lose a form contact with these players (arena), would be for sure something that would make me quit the game.
    Edit: In fact I'd be able to work with top players on any server so in reality, collusion doesn't come into it.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

/clap
    That's not what I said at all. I said that I enjoy playing and talking with the people on my arena, and to lose a form contact with these players (arena), would be for sure something that would make me quit the game.

How doea it take it away ? You dont play with them and if you talk with them its a 3rd party app
  • Options
    You can always keep your chat with the original shardmates and enjoy talking to them
  • Options

/clap
    Edit: In fact I'd be able to work with top players on any server so in reality, collusion doesn't come into it.

Agreed. Also, while I do have 4-5 people in my guild in the same shard, we work closely with 15 players or so in other guilds. Isn't that additional engagement and connections between players who are excited to talk about the game a good thing?
  • Options
    If anything, we could be introduced to more players in the game. It would be cool to be rotated to new arena where i could go against mobilegamer, ahnald, smithieD, or warrior one week!
  • Options

/clap

How doea it take it away ? You dont play with them and if you talk with them its a 3rd party app
    I enjoy working with everyone to help each other get top ranks possible, so this no longer being a thing with those same players would result in less communication between us, and the current discord server we have I'm sure would almost die. Sure, I'd stay in touch with some guys through DMs, but it wouldn't be the same.

/clap

Agreed. Also, while I do have 4-5 people in my guild in the same shard, we work closely with 15 players or so in other guilds. Isn't that additional engagement and connections between players who are excited to talk about the game a good thing?
    This pretty much sums it up.
  • Options
    Why not start a guild with your shardmates?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    "Collusion" in arena is a non-problem that doesn't need a solution. Reshuffling shards seems like it creates a massive chore on a regular basis though unless the devs have a massive red button that says "randomize arena payouts." I doubt that exists.

Also "collusion" refers to a secret, or illegal conspiracy. Its a silly label attached to it by people who are bad at arena. Since it isn't illegal its just cooperation, or collaboration. Demonizing something by using overly negative language is a classic propaganda tactic. Kind of like using "piracy" to describe copying a file. Nobody is murdering their way through a sea side village to steal gold doubloons, but just saying what it is doesn't sound evil enough. Same with "arena collusion."

• JVU420
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry this is a horrible idea. What happens when some worked to get to top 100 then they switch and now on the bottom in the new shard. People will quit.
  • Options
    Randomising it weekly would kill arena people could go from top 100 to 4000 and have no chance of getting back up before the following week. It potentially screws over the people who work hard and rewards those who don't.
  • Options
    How about you randomize within the month you started playing. That's a huge number of players that would all have the same capabilities
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Its not a bad idea. And certainly not the worst idea to make arena more appealing or open to more players to help circumvent this current environment.

But CG and the players don't really want competition, which makes sense in some ways when you've been playing a while every night having to battle and suspend what ever activity you are doing to time and block movement and lock yourself into place is a pain and gets old after awhile. There is a burn out rate there. Making it easier through cooperation helps avoid some of that.

However a shuffle would be highly entertaining on the forums though as they qq.
  • Options
    Randomising it weekly would kill arena people could go from top 100 to 4000 and have no chance of getting back up before the following week. It potentially screws over the people who work hard and rewards those who don't.

That's why I was saying you'd get more arena battles on the day of rotation so that you could get to the top without crystal refreshes
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I believe if you rotated arena shards on weekly basis that it would deter players from colluding as it would be tedious to find the top teams on the shard every week.

There could be a shard reset day, say sunday/monday on the time when the least amount of payouts are affected, where all of the player-base gets randomly shuffled. Then on the rotation day, give the players 10-15 free arena battles so the shard can align as it should with the top players near the top. The rest of the week would play just like it is now.

What do you think?
    I like it should rotate better teams to better shards with better rewards to fight for but still have some RNG to where you get placed.
  • Options

That's why I was saying you'd get more arena battles on the day of rotation so that you could get to the top without crystal refreshes

So you have to spent hours just to battle back to where you were? Is not like everyone have to time and energy to do such chore
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are many problems in this idea. It creates more problems then a solution to the "problem".

Whether or not collusion is a problem is for a different post.

Problems in a shard shuffle:
    • how do you match in new arena?
    • how do ensure not everyone is the same payout?
    • who is in first?
    • who is in last?
    • how do you deal with someone who was in 1st and now ended up in 40th?
    • This would negate the advantage that some people have payed for, not a good strategy

The important part, there is no guarantee this would end anything. People can find each other pretty easy and at worst it takes a day.
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    Options

If it's not competitive enough for you, just don't join the chat of your particular shard. They will attack and snipe you multiple times making it more fun for you.
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are many problems in this idea. It creates more problems then a solution to the "problem".

• who is in first?
    • who is in last?
    • This would negate the advantage that some people have payed for, not a good strategy

The important part, there is no guarantee this would end anything. People can find each other pretty easy and at worst it takes a day.

Here's a quick solution to that, you're ranked according to your arena team power. That way everyone is at least close to the rank they should be and won't have to spend hours getting back to the top
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options

• who is in first?
    • who is in last?

Here's a quick solution to that, you're ranked according to your arena team power. That way everyone is at least close to the rank they should be and won't have to spend hours getting back to the top

Here's another solution. Don't rotate them to begin with. While we're solving problems that don't exist do you have suggestions for the surplus stun cuff dilemma?
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    This won't work for several reasons, and also doesn't actually fix anything, so would be a waste of time.

So what your saying is it's coming in the next update?
  • Options

• who is in first?
    • who is in last?

I have the low power rating in top 20 since the only zeta on my team is DN, yet I rarely get moved form top 10 since I have good speed on mods and a good setup. If you have been playing the game you know power rating means nothing when it comes to how well a team works. Let along where you are placed in arena
  • Options
    Dear player:
    Hahahahahahahahaha!
    -Developers