Crackling Doom & Kanaan/Ezra interaction?

So does it double proc on them since they are both Rebels and Jedi?

Replies

• Options
    It wouldn't surprise me, Baze's AoE double procs the 25% max health damage on Sith & Empire combined toons. (Vader, Palp)
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Options
    It wouldn't surprise me, Baze's AoE double procs the 25% max health damage on Sith & Empire combined toons. (Vader, Palp)

It is empire+unbuffed toons
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Hopefully that's WAI and I didn't open a can of worms
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Crackling Doom does at most 2 hits of damage.

First hit is to all Shocked Enemies.

Second is to all "profession_jedi or affiliation_rebels." The mechanic for the jedi/rebel damage is in the same stage. As long as you tick off one of those boxes you receive the second damage hit from crackling doom. Even though Ezra and Kanaan check both boxes the mechanic only cares if you've got at least one of them checked.

Baze's AOE is similar to the way a Shocked enemy from EP takes damage.

25% max health is taken from any enemy that is not buffed.
    Then 25% max health is taken from any enemy with the affiliation_empire tag.

That being said I have no idea if this is all WAI, but that's the way it works.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »

Second is to all "profession_jedi or affiliation_rebels." The mechanic for the jedi/rebel damage is in the same stage. As long as you tick off one of those boxes you receive the second damage hit from crackling doom. Even though Ezra and Kanaan check both boxes the mechanic only cares if you've got at least one of them checked.

Right on. Thanks for the response.
  • Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    It is empire+unbuffed toons

My mistake, that's is what I meant.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

No problem, it seems as though the checks for applying the damage/effects are split up so that the ones that require a specific buff/debuff (Shock/Any Buff in the case of baze) and then the check for affiliation/tag is done separately from the buff/debuff check, but all the tags are lumped together into the same check.

Are there any other skills that do extra things based on enemy tags AND buffs/debuffs the way crackling doom and Baze's AOE are set up? I know there are plenty that do one or the other, just can't remember if there are other skills that have both mechanics other than those two. If there is and that skill works the same way I'd say that they're both WAI.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

No problem, it seems as though the checks for applying the damage/effects are split up so that the ones that require a specific buff/debuff (Shock/Any Buff in the case of baze) and then the check for affiliation/tag is done separately from the buff/debuff check, but all the tags are lumped together into the same check.

Are there any other skills that do extra things based on enemy tags AND buffs/debuffs the way crackling doom and Baze's AOE are set up? I know there are plenty that do one or the other, just can't remember if there are other skills that have both mechanics other than those two. If there is and that skill works the same way I'd say that they're both WAI.

None that I can think of offhand. The closest equivalent I could think of would be IG-100's AoE that gives him tm based on how many evaded and then based on how many Jedi there are.