Options
    Is exactly the same as the old one.

@sneeekypants Come again? Say what now? :open_mouth::confused:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Are you in Australia (or some other early time zone) and can see a Luke flash event that is exactly like the last one?
  • Options
    Tokyo and yes. I already did it.
  • Options
    Well that would explain the cut and paste description you caught @Woodroward.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    That isn't the new event. It's just something special for Japan, it looks like.

6I4FDUjh-WVCxgzsSHX2TpbVXATXH4t1vE5GDYR9K3Q.jpg?w=1024&s=c44a0017f6c47d782ab68e97def70d2c
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • DieInFire
    802 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    jb0efm.jpg

Rewards sucks: 66K and got daily challenge blue purple gear

The event only lasted for 4 hours (lunchtime)

Edit: in this artwork Luke looks like a final fantasy character
  • Options
    Great, maybe it's a consolation prize for getting the anniversary mod pack notification but not actually having them available here.
  • Options
    Yeah I bet we are the only ones without the mod packs.

Btw did you buy the gear pack and the rebel step up pack? How was it?
  • Options
    so however: do we need farmboy luke to unlock commander luke? i reaally dont wanna farm this useless waste of a character Spot. but i want the commander
  • Options
    Maxidaxi wrote: »
    so however: do we need farmboy luke to unlock commander luke? i reaally dont wanna farm this useless waste of a character Spot. but i want the commander

Because of this exact question, all my cantina energy is currently going to Farmboy Luke shard attempts.
    You never know.
    And better to have a useless toon than not to have an important one in time :smiley:
  • Options

Because of this exact question, all my cantina energy is currently going to Farmboy Luke shard attempts.
    You never know.
    And better to have a useless toon than not to have an important one in time :smiley:

i hate this game. I got him on 3 stars. with 10 shards or something. I'm praying every night, that they will take empire character for this, or sith, or any other stuff. I got so much toons.. please developers, please! :smiley:
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    We got shards for farmer Luke and we got the hint that he should prepared for his journey, so I would guess you need him. I have 7* Luke and can improve him to G10 if it's necessary...
  • Options
    Pretty strong bet you need him. I'm farming old Ben to 7* as I feel we might need him as well. Luke was 7* after free shards in May. I used him a lot early on when I had no clue about game lol
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Bump. Was this, in fact, some kind of compensation? Has this been cleared up?
  • Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    Yeah I bet we are the only ones without the mod packs.

Btw did you buy the gear pack and the rebel step up pack? How was it?

I didn't need the Rebel pack and the gear pack, I learned from experience that the packs are advertising gimmicks. Like scratch off lotto tickets, 95% is always the worst case scenario which is pathetic given that it's a video game and not a gambling game, or is it.

Like the Japan only mod pack, 15 out of 17 mods were green. The previous R1 rebel pack, all 3 out of 3 packs were SRP 25 not the 80 of anything but F2P maxed SRP. I'm a dolt for ever buying more than a couple but a new fool is just around the corner.
  • Options
    Pretty strong bet you need him. I'm farming old Ben to 7* as I feel we might need him as well. Luke was 7* after free shards in May. I used him a lot early on when I had no clue about game lol

I 7* Ben and Luke for no other reason than that. Their new marketing strat of requiring certain toons for ultra rare events like Thrawn without any kind of heads up to get people to spend is rather disturbing.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »
    jb0efm.jpg

Rewards sucks: 66K and got daily challenge blue purple gear
    Take another look. If it's anything like the first time the event was run, those are full prototypes. The Mk8 BlasTec Weapon Mods are worth it alone.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

You never know.

i hate this game. I got him on 3 stars. with 10 shards or something. I'm praying every night, that they will take empire character for this, or sith, or any other stuff. I got so much toons.. please developers, please! :smiley:

Pretty sure devs already stated that he will be needed to unlock Commander Luke
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    I can imagine that we need rare characters to unlock Luke, as Old Ben... EA will just look at the statistics and choose some rare characters, so they will get some panic buys. I'm sure they made a lot of money with the Thrawn event with the big Phönix pack. After this event I stopped to spend money for this game...

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    The Devs brought out the Phoenix packs etc. for the p2ps to prepare in the limited prep time of the Thrawn event.

The same likely goes here for Commander Luke event - I am sure we will see rebel packs etc. after the Ewok faction pass closes, and some in this thread have already said they have seen some rebel packs where they are in the world.

The Luke event will not likely require any ultra rare toons, but the Dev Team have been clear stating this is Luke's journey to becoming a jedi - so be prepared to farm toons involved with Luke - especially Old Ben.

I would also anticipate that the Death Star escape portion of the event, which they have hinted at, would contain Leia and STHan - I have no idea whether a Rebel/Resistance version of Chewbacca will be coming to the game or not, but I bet he would be required at some point - maybe in the Territory Battles he may be an unlockable toon there.

The only "rare" toon I can foresee being an issue for some in regard to the Luke events would be R2 - whether the Dev team want to make R2 a required toon or not is anyone's guess, but I wouldn't be surprised.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Sairiki1 wrote: »
    I can imagine that we need rare characters to unlock Luke, as Old Ben... EA will just look at the statistics and choose some rare characters, so they will get some panic buys. I'm sure they made a lot of money with the Thrawn event with the big Phönix pack. After this event I stopped to spend money for this game...

Depends when you started playing i guess... a year ago old bens were everywhere in arena.. although saying that im a Dec 15 shard and dont have him unlocked lol

Thankfully i do have farmer luke.. i didnt have wiggs at the time (just biggs) so he was part of my team to unlock palps the first time round
  • Options
    It's been very heavily hinted that you need Farmboy Luke, down to the fact we got 80 free shards of him a while back. my bet is on 7* Farmboy Luke as a pre-req for any Commander Skywalker event.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

You never know.

Pretty sure devs already stated that he will be needed to unlock Commander Luke
    The devs said they were giving people a free Farmer Luke to help with the hero's journey later in the summer. That's all we know. Everything else is player speculation.

That isn't to say that speculation is crazy nuts stuff that should be ignored. Just that we have to maintain a healthy scepticism.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Great, maybe it's a consolation prize for getting the anniversary mod pack notification but not actually having them available here.
    +1
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I would rather have the event than the "new and improved" mod pack.

Seems like every time the players like something the way it gets "upgraded" is to make it more expensive and less effective. :/
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone please tell me why this small flash event isn't available for everybody?

Are we not good enough? Should I stop playing because im not worth it?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me why this small flash event isn't available for everybody?

giphy.gif

But, in all seriousness, it's based on time zones. Wait your turn.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »

giphy.gif

But, in all seriousness, it's based on time zones. Wait your turn.

:(