Double Drop's Rate of Ewok Event

Can someone ( especially DEVs) please explain this to me. It is really hard to understand !!!

imgur.com/a/NEGdr

ALSO . Can someone please EXPLAIN ME :
What is the point of EA to give an event if it is worse then normal?
What is the meaning of UNCONTROLLED RNG AGAINST THE PLAYERS' FAVOR?
What was developers' target to advertise such an so-called-event?

I am really disappointed!!

Replies

• Options
    What's the point of shouting? You either have good or bad luck, that's it. I got 14 shards in about 12 rolls - luck.
    There were times where I would roll like 20 times and get 4-6 shards on double drops only.
  • Options
    What's the point of shouting? You either have good or bad luck, that's it. I got 14 shards in about 12 rolls - luck.
    There were times where I would roll like 20 times and get 4-6 shards on double drops only.

So
    Are you really happy with drop rates ?
    Shouting? you have no idea about it if it happens more than once !
  • Options

So

Yes I am quite happy, as I already said it's luck. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you are not.
  • Options
    It's bad luck, nothing else. Next time you have it try to contain it and not let it out here in the forums : )

Man, it's quite common, I've personally had this happen to me a number of times - and it's no big deal. We all have idea how it feels when you get next to nothing for all the precious resources wasted. Step over it and move on, you will have RNG on your side too.

Also, RNG, as you say, is uncontrolled. If it were always in the players' favour, it would be a totally different mechanic. Bear with it, it's a game of chance in many aspects.
  • Options

So

Yes I am quite happy, as I already said it's luck. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you are not.

I wanna see your face , when it happens the same to you twice !
    Take a shot and post the link as soon as possible.

Waiting...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    that's rough buddy, 2 out of 17.
    However i still like the event, it just sucks for the players who hit a bad streak on the double drops day. For all the other players it's still awesome. What can i say?
    26e71dfb3424f62060f20210136dce047218944f60db61dffa82bcf4741ecab7.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

So

I wanna see your face , when it happens the same to you twice !
    Take a shot and post the link as soon as possible.

Waiting...

All emotions again : ) Yes, I will be frustrated, if not heavily, but I will also be mindful enough to realize that neither the devs, nor anyone else are to be blamed for this. It's bad luck, that simple. I will get over it in a minute and keep trying again.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    However i still like the event, it just sucks for the players who hit a bad streak on the double drops day. For all the other players it's still awesome. What can i say?

Thanks... Though it is still hard to accept such an outrageous uncontrolled RNG in the game...
  • Options

Thanks... Though it is still hard to accept such an outrageous uncontrolled RNG in the game...

True, it is. But it's always been so and always will be. Should you post about it every time on the forums? Probably not. It's a common thing, bear with it.
  • Options
    Serverus wrote: »

True, it is. But it's always been so and always will be. Should you post about it every time on the forums? Probably not. It's a common thing, bear with it.

Nope... usually hold my mouth to avoid swearing ... But this time I am really mad about it. Cause I do not earn that crystals easy. And when I spent , I cannot accept to be wasted and considered as nothing by developers...

• ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Pro tip that totally works and is totally not a myth: sim in batches, not all at once. Yousa welcome
  • Options
    ilNomad wrote: »
    Pro tip that totally works and is totally not a myth: sim in batches, not all at once. Yousa welcome

do you mean (1 by 1) or (2 by 2) or something like that ?
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Options
    I buy around 4-5 at once but never so much (19x) at once. This also works for purple gear the output is better I think.
  • Options
    So here's the thing. The event really is slightly misnamed; it's not double drop rates, it's double rewards. The drop rate is unaffected or (I suspect) actually worse than normal.

If the normal drop rate is 1/5, that's not changing; you just get two shards instead of one. But if the drop rate is changed to say, 1/8, then you still get double rewards, but you get them less often. That's the trend I see when these events happen, anyway. I don't really get a whole lot more than I did before.
  • Options
    ilNomad wrote: »

Confirmation bias
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

If the normal drop rate is 1/5, that's not changing; you just get two shards instead of one. But if the drop rate is changed to say, 1/8, then you still get double rewards, but you get them less often. That's the trend I see when these events happen, anyway. I don't really get a whole lot more than I did before.

possible, but i don't think they altered the droprate during double drops.
    anyway, 2/8 > 1/5. Even if they lowered the droprate, they probably didn't half it, so the double drop events are still beneficial. But again, i don't think they lowered the droprate.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nith
    22 posts Member
    Options
    usually the rates are the sames for me wether it's ou double drops or not
  • Options
    I got 40+ Chirpa shards so far. Loving the double drops. I still need another 110, but I suppose that's a different problem.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm at 62 shards and counting for this Chirpa day. RNG is RNG.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    I play perfect by the book blackjack. By logic I should always win. I dont. Sometimes the cards fall your way, sometimes they dont
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nith wrote: »
    usually the rates are the same for me everyone whether it's double drops or not

FYP.

RNG is random. Sometimes that doesn't work out in your favor - sometimes it does...because....random.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*