Strategy Tip: Subverting your Guild's "24 GW" rule

js4
129 posts Member
edited July 2017
Many of us active players get frustrated by nonsensical 24 GW rules in otherwise solid guilds. I myself am a firm believer you should find a guild with an activities reset that works for you and not complain that you can't get your 36 in. Since that's not so feasible, I thought I'd offer this easy solution:

1) The day before GW day, make sure you save your last battle. When your day resets, you will be left with 1 battle remaining and a "Restart" to refresh your GW.
2) When your Guild activities reset into GW day, run your final battle but no more than 11 from the next round, with at least one battle to carry over. This way you don't raise suspicion when if you hit 13 for the day.
3) When the day resets, finish all but your last GW battle to bring your total up to 24.
4) Timing is everything here: with only a few seconds left until activites reset for GW day, finish off your last node. Chances are this will be a "broken" node 12 if you did it right so that you should have a really quick and easy time finishing it.
5) When activities reset, all record of your hitting 25 nodes during GW disappears, and you will collect close to 400 Guild Coins while the rest of the suckers in your guild are left with about 250, depending on how active everyone was.
6) There's literally no trace left unless your guild leader happens to be glued onto their screen at activities reset. Like many of the other completely broken and useless "Daily" counters in the Guild Management screen, the Daily Guild Currency meter won't count it up especially if you wait until near the reset on the next day to claim.

Warning: people may get upset about this if they notice their payout is short, but who cares. Chances are your guild will eventually ditch this silly rule since they can't actually enforce it.

Replies

• Options
    Wait, why does it matter if you get 36 or 35 GW battles? The difference is probably 10-15 guild shop currency..
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    A Team Player :#
    Thx for not being in my guild
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, why does it matter if you get 36 or 35 GW battles? The difference is probably 10-15 guild shop currency..

This difference is actually way more significant than that. It's based on how many people are at a particular "tier", one person getting 25 when the rest of the guild gets 24, unless it's only a couple of people who got their 24 and everyone else got less, results in an almost 200 point difference
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds familiar.
    One of my guilds had someone crack our 24 rule. We asked, noone took credit.
    A few weeks later, it happened again.

Someone was watching near the reset. We asked again. Still nothing.

That guy got kicked. He can enjoy his extra 100 coins a week somewhere else.
    The rest of the guild can enjoy our GK shards.
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Kalano wrote: »

Hopefully your guild mates get a chance to read this.
  • Options
    I am still not getting this, why aren't you doing the maximum battles(36) and only 24?
  • js4
    129 posts Member
    Options
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Someone was watching near the reset. We asked again. Still nothing. .

Hence the importance in timing it right, makes all the difference if you can get it within a couple of seconds, and the whole broken node 12 thing makes it really easy.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Do you realise that if a guild scrapped their 24 rule, and allowed 36, there'd be a bunch of people doing that many?
    There wouldn't be an opportunity to screw over any of them so that you get a few extra coins.

You're a tool.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    Options
    js4 wrote: »
    Kalano wrote: »

Hopefully your guild mates get a chance to read this.

Sry. I don't understand your comment. It's you cheating on your guild mates. Not me