Gear rewards need to be teired on progress

Saraleb
2070 posts Member
Look i get it... they cant all of a sudden downgrade certain gear (we all know the ones) into challenges for example as new players need to grind and get over that gear hump...

The problem..

Higher/Veteran players still grinding for that particular gear not only to get over the g8-9 bump but aswell as aat raid only gear STILL the usual suspects

The solution ?

Code it so it looks at players unlocked/geared and rewards appropriatly..i wouldnt expect someone at lvl 80 while trying to get over the first hurdle to get easy access to said gear easily.. but for gear g-10-11 where 100 plus of haat raid gear is needed we really shouldnt again have to worry or farm rancor rewards or other OLD purple gear

What im trying to say is the number ONE problem with this game is the impossible gear grind... but it should be teired.. after one hurdle and upgrade you really shouldnt have to revisit X amount of purple gear needed 3 gear levels past but is STILL a torture to obtain..

Replies

• Options
    EA will never do anything to make gear easier to get. They make money selling gear. Probably lots of $$$$$

A stun cuff is approximately $9. Lol.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    BigBoloney wrote: »
    EA will never do anything to make gear easier to get. They make money selling gear. Probably lots of $$$$$

A stun cuff is approximately $9. Lol.

Yeah i understand that... but gear works on lvls... getting from 10-11 and im sure soon to be 12 shouldnt take gear required 3 lvls lower. Make the gold gear the pay ticket not something we have had to farm 50+ off the last 3-4 gear lvls

You have low/mid players paying/farming for purple gear and high end players paying/farming for gold gear

Was many (many) years ago i did it but when i passed a college exam i would move onto the next level a year later.. i wasnt expected to take both exams again just the progressed one
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    The current system allows for all toons to progress through gear lvl's at the same pace as across the board.

It's also not a good idea to make any content obsolete, this will cause veteran players to have "less to do". Yes original content is on farm but it's still something to do and okay around with.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The complaints used to be about a credit crunch. Then we got Credit Heist and the complaints started rolling in about a gear crunch. This game is INTENDED to be a grind. It is INTENDED to take a long time and have bottlenecks.

Where ppl have issue is they see others advancing faster than they are. If everyone's advancement was slow, noone would care. Stop comparing yourselves to ppl that actually invest some $$ into the game and understand u r lucky to b able to enjoy a commercial-free Star Wars game at all.

DO they cater to spenders ? Yep. Why ? Bcuz $$. If u were bartending and 1 guy tips u $5 every time u serve him a top shelf double while the other guy at the bar gives u nothing...i wonder who u would b more inclined to show more attention to. Who would u converse with more ?

And for the love of all that's holy, b a little discerning. U don't have to level everything that comes along. Nor do u need to gear them.

I personally have spent over 1k in 19 months. So, about $50/month...the cost of a new console game. But this is a game I can take w/ me anywhere, it changes and advances and...IT'S STAR WARS !!

I haven't unlocked Baze or Wedge, my Ahsoka is lvl 1, Maul is gear VIII, Thrawn is 5*. Even with over $1k into this game, I pick and choose carefully. I have a jedi squad that places 1st daily on a launch shard, a team for each phase of H AAT (average 11 mil) and a Rancor team that solo's it. My pilots on my fleet team r maxed and I save gear, crystals and credits like crazy. Ppl could take a lesson from this. Gear what u really, really want...not what u have.

This way, when the toons I am waiting on...Jango, Pre Viszla, Mother Talzin, Droideka, Jedi Luke (yep, just those 5), finally hit, I can gear them immediately, star them up thru crystal purchases and shard shop tokens, zeta them (sitting on 3 full zetas atm) and field them day 1.

Post edited by Poxx on
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Double post. Whoops.