Ewok Theory Crafting

JediGhost117
1756 posts Member
edited July 2017
Alright with the Ewoks getting a big overhaul and the new toons being added, what would be the best squad? It's between Teebo and Chirpa lead, and with the stealth synergy I'm leaning more towards a Teebo lead. It also doesn't require a Zeta which will most likely be spent on Wicket's unique if it works the way the other guys said it would in his post about Wicket's kit. Now based off of this what would be the best Ewok squad in general based off of a Teebo lead and Wicket, who should make up the other 3. Is Scout still going to be the primary source of damage? Is Chirpa worth putting in because of his retribution and massive assist call? What about the other two new Ewoks? Paploo seems like a must have for the survivability of the squad. Logray seems vital for the Tenacity up as well. Where does that leave Elder, is he still a must have because of his cleanse and revive? Any constructive thoughts are welcome, comments to the tune of "Ewoks are still awful, why does this thread even exist" will be ignored entirely.

Replies

• Shamix
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Post edited by Shamix on
  • JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Shamix wrote: »
    My initial reaction was "waste of gear" based on the current review videos; however Paploo and Logray require a total of 6 mk3 carb's to max gear both of them. Lowest gear req's I've seen on any new chars.

I would probably run Chirp lead (TM from all the assists); plus if you omega teebo's special- they will still get stealth

True, but that would require an additional zeta because I think it's a given at this point that any hope of Ewoks being arena viable will be Wicket's unique getting a Zeta. Plus his special isn't as reliable as his lead is and Paploo would benefit more from Teebo lead in terms of getting his taunt off faster.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I think you could run Teebo lead but their TM gain is another big strength they have. Chirpa lead I think is a must. The question really becomes I think who's the 5th. Damage is already fairly low - do you make up for that with Ewok Scout? Teebo to really make use of those stealth synergies? EE to help general group survivability? The other 4 seem fairly core to the team.
  • Options
    ilNomad wrote: »
    I think you could run Teebo lead but their TM gain is another big strength they have. Chirpa lead I think is a must. The question really becomes I think who's the 5th. Damage is already fairly low - do you make up for that with Ewok Scout? Teebo to really make use of those stealth synergies? EE to help general group survivability? The other 4 seem fairly core to the team.

What four would that be? Chirpa lead, Wicket, Paploo, and Teebo?
  • Shamix
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Post edited by Shamix on
  • Options
    Shamix wrote: »
    I think you should run 4 ewoks w/ ashoka fulcrum- buff heaven

I don't know though, ATF works best with Chaze and Rebels. Plus I feel like you need to complete the squad with Ewoks to completely benefit from all of the synergy
  • Options
    Elder provides most of the TM gain on his basic. He is the one indispensable toon. Plus team cleanse plus revives.
  • Options
    Elder provides most of the TM gain on his basic. He is the one indispensable toon. Plus team cleanse plus revives.

Exactly, it seems like the best option for and Ewok team is either Teebo or Chirpa lead, Wicket, Elder, and then 2 others.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Logray will be indispensable. He is a must for that team. AOE Daze, plus tenacity up on basic, plus foresight, TM, advantage, offense up to all ewoks? That's a hell of a kit
  • Options
    I have the original 4 at max gear and chirpa is almost always the best leader unless counterattacks are involved.
  • Options
    Logray will be indispensable. He is a must for that team. AOE Daze, plus tenacity up on basic, plus foresight, TM, advantage, offense up to all ewoks? That's a hell of a kit

I forgot about the Daze, plus it says that it can't be evaded so unless they have Tenacity up Daze will land very reliably.
  • Options
    I have the original 4 at max gear and chirpa is almost always the best leader unless counterattacks are involved.

Right but with the new three Ewoks I think Chirpa might be dethroned as the go to Ewok lead due to the other synergies revolving around stealth.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options

I forgot about the Daze, plus it says that it can't be evaded so unless they have Tenacity up Daze will land very reliably.

The only real problem you start getting into is the zetas are adding up here
  • Options

Right but with the new three Ewoks I think Chirpa might be dethroned as the go to Ewok lead due to the other synergies revolving around stealth.

That's a good point. Another reason not to waste a zeta on chirpa.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    They aren't tanky in the least. What they r is assisting, tm gaining machines. Wicket's initial aoe could have the entire team going and it could roll just like Resistance. But, u won't b using tanks imo.

zChirpa (L), zWicket, EE, ES, Logray
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    What they r is assisting, tm gaining machines.

Nobody is really talking about how much TM they remove as well:

-Teebo removes 100% TM on his basic, and 60% on his dispel
    -Logray removes 100% TM on his special
    -Ewok Scout removes 50% TM on his basic
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dryff wrote: »

True, but tm removal can b resisted. Also, playing to their strengths, I just don't see a spot for Teebo. Sure, he can max their tm once per battle but he still doesn't provide what the other 5 can in unison. Teebo and Paploo don't make the cut imo.
  • Options
    Dryff wrote: »

True, but tm removal can b resisted. Also, playing to their strengths, I just don't see a spot for Teebo. Sure, he can max their tm once per battle but he still doesn't provide what the other 5 can in unison. Teebo and Paploo don't make the cut imo.

Paploo is the only dedicated tank though. Like it was said they aren't tanks in the slightest. They need somebody to take the hit instead of EE or Wicket which Paploo can do potentially with his Taunt. That topped with the stealth synergy on everybody Boba would be forced to target the taunter. While that's not necessarily relevant in the current meta if Ewoks turn out to be the next arena meta team somehow Boba would struggle to get past the taunter because the rest of the squad is stealthed hopefully.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    I see it differently. I would go full bore assist and tm gain. If u can get Wicket fast enuf and bump his crit, his opening aoe can have the other Ewoks all going b4 the other team. TM gain and tm reduction plus assists could effectively make them run like Resistance so when your opponent finally gets a turn...if he gets 1...its already over.
  • Options
    I see it differently. I would go full bore assist and tm gain. If u can get Wicket fast enuf and bump his crit, his opening aoe can have the other Ewoks all going b4 the other team. TM gain and tm reduction plus assists could effectively make them run like Resistance so when your opponent finally gets a turn...if he gets 1...its already over.

Right but like Resistence teams that would be completely useless in defence because it requires heavy user input which the AI typically ruins Resistence teams on defence. Having a tank and Elder you don't have to rely as much on the AI messing up your squad when you can't control the defence