Resistance/Empire/R2D2 Question

IgneoMorte
253 posts Member
edited July 2017
I'm currently putting everything into a Rey-less Resistance squad. All my gear focus is on them. R2D2 will be my 5th Resistance (no Rey wanted).

Since I am focusing on Resistance, I'd rather not put much more into empire in order to unlock R2D2.

My empire Squad will be 7* the next time R2 comes around.
They are:
1) Zader (L); G11; great mods
2) EP; G11; great mods
3) Tarkin; G8; lackluster mods
4) Magmatrooper; G8; lackluster mods
5) Tie Fighter; G8; lackluster mods

For my empire squad, I'm planning on replacing Magma with Thrawn next time Thrawn event comes around. So, I'd rather not put anything else on Magma.

What should I put into Empire for the next R2D2 event?
Or, will my current squad, with maxed Zader and EP, be good enough?

Edit: all empire characters have all maxed, non-Zeta, abilities

Replies

• medatho
    42 posts Member
    Options
    Thatnis likely good enough if you move arena mods to them for the fight. Royal Guard isn't a bad character to have online if you wanted in place of magma.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    R2 will probably be back before Thrawn.

Gear up tfp, and you should be good.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Options
    I'm curious how strong an Empire team has to be to 7* as well...what about:

EP G10 (L)
    Vader G8
    TFP G9
    DT/Tarkin G8
    RG G8
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    IgneoMorte wrote: »
    I'm currently putting everything into a Rey-less Resistance squad. All my gear focus is on them. R2D2 will be my 5th Resistance (no Rey wanted).

Since I am focusing on Resistance, I'd rather not put much more into empire in order to unlock R2D2.

My empire Squad will be 7* the next time R2 comes around.
    They are:
    1) Zader (L); G11; great mods
    2) EP; G11; great mods
    3) Tarkin; G8; lackluster mods
    4) Magmatrooper; G8; lackluster mods
    5) Tie Fighter; G8; lackluster mods

For my empire squad, I'm planning on replacing Magma with Thrawn next time Thrawn event comes around. So, I'd rather not put anything else on Magma.

What should I put into Empire for the next R2D2 event?
    Or, will my current squad, with maxed Zader and EP, be good enough?

Edit: all empire characters have all maxed, non-Zeta, abilities
    That squad is good enough. I did it with EP 10, V 9, RG 8, Magma 7, and Tarkin 6, IIRC.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Small correction; here's my post from the first R2 event with the actual team comp:
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    I cleared 7* with G10 EP, G9 Vader, G9 RG, G6 Tarkin, and G7 (but level 65) Magma.

I could almost clear it without worrying about mods. EP was the only toon with mods because he's been on my arena team for a while. Once I temporarily redistributed my other arena mods to the other toons, it was easy enough. I had the credits and mats to raise Tarkin and Magma to G8 (and Magma to level 85), but was trying to avoid having to use them.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!