What in the world stops Baze/Chaze?

BIEBERyoloSWAG
115 posts Member
edited July 2017
I mean seriously i have a pretty sweet team that if i try can break top 20. But heck if i see baze that man can single handedly end my team. I can do mauls special to remove his counter attacks but then chirut removes that and its down hill from there. My team is zaul, zavage, ep, zihilus, vader all gear 11 and 10. **** these guys get wrecked by one man

Replies

• Options
    Nihilus
    Boba
    Wiggs with a dispeller
    Thrawn
    Anyone with heal/buff immunity.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Death trooper
    Daze
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    You already have Nihilus. Just Annihilate him.
  • Options
    Sunfac too.

Or you can just nuke him with a Wiggs, i play rebels and trust me, they can die.
  • Options
    With your current team, I would let Chirrut do his cleanse, than shock Baze with EP and dispell him with DN, shock Chirrut and than kill Chirrut.
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn, Death Trooper, Boba, zKylo, Nihilus
  • Options
    I mean seriously i have a pretty sweet team that if i try can break top 20. But heck if i see baze that man can single handedly end my team. I can do mauls special to remove his counter attacks but then chirut removes that and its down hill from there. My team is zaul, zavage, ep, zihilus, vader all gear 11 and 10. **** these guys get wrecked by one man

Thrawn
    Emperor Palpatine
    Another Chaze;)
    Nihilus
    Boba
    Death Trooper
    Stage 1 of AAT

Especially on zeta. And there's more
  • Options
    My general strategy for Chaze is to remove Baze's taunt fast as I can then ignore them til the end of the fight. Baze is only going to taunt when you lose a character or Chirrut drops from 100% hp, which means if you play smart Baze may only get his pre-taunt and not taunt again until you've already killed a couple characters(or at all). If you mindlessly spam AOE every time you can but you can't quite kill Chirrut past Baze and Chirrut keeps hitting 100% health every time he moves than you AOE him again you aren't doing yourself any favors...all you are doing is continuously feeding Baze more taunt/retribution.

I think with your squad the only time I would hit Chaze with anything would be 1 Nihilus regular attack on Baze to remove the initial taunt, then an energy drain by Nihilus which wouldn't eat up all Chirruts protection so Baze wouldn't get another taunt. After that I wouldn't scratch either of them until Nihilus had an annihilate ready to go. Once you get one of them dead the other isn't nearly as awesome, but feeding Baze taunt/retribution while Chirrut is stacking buffs and cleansing isn't a fight your going to win, especially if your stuck beating on a counter attacking Baze while they still have a full squad.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    DarkLord7 wrote: »

Thrawn
    Emperor Palpatine
    Another Chaze;)
    Nihilus
    Boba
    Death Trooper
    Stage 1 of AAT

Especially on zeta. And there's more

WAIT STAGE 1 OF AAT HAS A ZETA?!?!?!
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    B2
  • Options

I think with your squad the only time I would hit Chaze with anything would be 1 Nihilus regular attack on Baze to remove the initial taunt, then an energy drain by Nihilus which wouldn't eat up all Chirruts protection so Baze wouldn't get another taunt. After that I wouldn't scratch either of them until Nihilus had an annihilate ready to go. Once you get one of them dead the other isn't nearly as awesome, but feeding Baze taunt/retribution while Chirrut is stacking buffs and cleansing isn't a fight your going to win, especially if your stuck beating on a counter attacking Baze while they still have a full squad.

I agree, mostly. Once the taunt is dispelled, I would shock baze and then move on with palp. Shock prevents the auto taunt if you decide to spam aoe attacks and chirrut drops below 100%. If its a rex lead team then work rex so tenacity up has only one source. If its a rex team with wiggs, then you've got to take out wedge.
  • Options
    The last 20 minutes of Rogue One.
  • Options
    GEO SPY
  • DaFunk
    72 posts Member
    Options
    It's 2 men, but to answer your question just play through your turns until Baze no longer has taunt and just ignore them until they are the last 2 standing.
    You have DN so use him to remove Chirrut (Baze is just a tank without him, no extra health regeneration etc) or if you have annihated someone else previously then just play through your turns until you get another annihilate.
    Chaze is a great combo but with DN you have an iwin button right there.

• Options
    And here I am with my Wiggs / Chaze combo stuck behind a bunch of Zaul teams I can't touch. I mean, literally, I can't kill one of them. Of course, I have one gear 10 toon and they're all 10+, but still - it's Chaze - shouldn't be a problem ;-)

• Osh
    126 posts Member
    Options
    I say we take off, and nuke the Chaze from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...
  • Options
    Others have touched on the main points.
    Run Boba as he can take out Chirrut using all his green buffs!

I run a team that can deal with most chaze setups based on this strategy:
    1. ability block cleansers (chirrut, rex) with high potency high speed Boba
    2. dispel Baze taunt with QGJ
    3. Aoe stun with Palp
    4. work on first other priority toon (rex or wedge)
    5. shock baze with palp to prevent retaunt
    6. attack chirrut with aoes or basic so he gets lots of HoT up
    7. execute chirrut with Boba (helps if you put offense up with QGJ dispel again or with Palp special)
    8. then take out the rest
  • Options
    I save Chaze for last unless I have annihilate or death mark ready. My DT dispells Baze and increases cool downs for all others. If Baze is the only tank, I'll fracture him. If not, I'll fracture the other tank. As long as I don't touch Chirrut, Baze won't taunt unless things go sideways. If there is an R2, I keep him stunned with DT. If not, I will keep Chirrut stunned until his protection runs low. All other fire is focused on the toon with the lowest hit points because once one goes down, my squad gets rolling. Once one goes down, annihilate is usually available soon after and terminate starts applying deathmark.
  • Options
    Osh wrote: »
    I say we take off, and nuke the Chaze from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Absolutely love the reference from Corporal Hicks.
  • Options
    Just take Vader out of your arena squad and replace him with Zylo. Zylo loves getting hit and if he goes below 100% health from all the focus Fire he will Ohko Chirrut all day long.

Pure sith Zaul squads are pretty easy anyway since every toon is stealthed so it doesn't really disrupt the enemy's targeting, so subbing Vader (who isn't the best in Zaul squads anyway) for a non sith would greatly help keep your squishies like maul and Ep alive longer.
  • Options
    I personally tend to use Wiggs on my alt account and just insta-kill him. On my main account Anakin pretty much single handedly kills him as lead of a Jedi team. I know many will recommend Boba and Nihilus as the way to go but both of mine are underpowered
  • Options
    A team with Thrawn + DN + DT can make quick work of Baze thanks to Fracture, DN dispel and DT grenade/AoE dispel
  • Lion
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Zylo