Death Trooper and Krennic Daze Bug

ElleMadara
1017 posts Member
edited July 2017
When you play as a DT or when you use Krennic's Special, you will inflict DAZE on Chirrut ir Baze, but they STILL are able to counterattack when Dazed, Chirrut and Baze need a serious nerf, here is a video with the proof, please fix Daze on that broken Monk (Chirrut)

Check on 3:40

https://youtu.be/2uyTu0_8kmU

Replies

• Options
    What I see is: DT attacked twice. Daze was inflicted on the second attack. As counter attacks don't happen immediately, they wait until the attackers turn is over, chirrut only countering once is correct. I'd have to say- WAI
  • Options
    Kissycat wrote: »
    What I see is: DT attacked twice. Daze was inflicted on the second attack. As counter attacks don't happen immediately, they wait until the attackers turn is over, chirrut only countering once is correct. I'd have to say- WAI

NO. A character that is Dazed shouldn't be able to counterattack.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Not saying I'm an expert by any means, but this is what it looks like:
    1- dt attacks chirrut. Daze is not inflicted.
    2- damage is done to chirrut. Chirruts counter goes on the stack.
    3- dt had found chirrut to be affiliation_rebel. Dt attacks again. Daze is inflicted.
    4- damage is done to chirrut. As daze was inflicted prior to second damage, counter chance is reduced by 99900%.
    5- stack clears. Chirrut has one counter one the stack and provides that counter.

In other words, as there are 2 separate attacks by dt, they are treated as 2 separate attacks that can each be countered.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options

Not saying I'm an expert by any means, but this is what it looks like:
    1- dt attacks chirrut. Daze is not inflicted.
    2- damage is done to chirrut. Chirruts counter goes on the stack.
    3- dt had found chirrut to be affiliation_rebel. Dt attacks again. Daze is inflicted.
    4- damage is done to chirrut. As daze was inflicted prior to second damage, counter chance is reduced by 99900%.
    5- stack clears. Chirrut has one counter one the stack and provides that counter.

In other words, as there are 2 separate attacks by dt, they are treated as 2 separate attacks that can each be countered.

Basically exactly this. A counter attack is queued from the first attack but the second attack won't be countered because of daze.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Agree with all above. He is countering the first git but not the second. Order of operations is poor, but unfortunately WAI. The "fix" for this would be to have Chirrut counter immediately before DT shot the second time.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Agree with all above. He is countering the first git but not the second. Order of operations is poor, but unfortunately WAI. The "fix" for this would be to have Chirrut counter immediately before DT shot the second time.

So... DAZE is useless in DT's bassic? Thanks for your help dev
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options

And climate change doesn't exist
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options

It blocked the counter in your example for the artack on which it was applied, so not useless.

Also, don't know why you think I'm a dev...
  • Options

Had dt applied daze on his first attack, and the stun didn't stick on his second, there would've been no counters. As it stands, had dt not applied daze on his second attack, chirrut would've countered twice.
  • Options
    Supercat wrote: »

And climate change doesn't exist

K