Ewok recommended level is 'minimum'

I have a team of level 80, 7* characters at tier 9 or 10, with mods of a minimum 3 dots, average 4 dot mods maxed. I change them around with different leadership and characters.

I get slaughterered every time by stage 4.

To call the recommended level as 75 is blatantly false. Clearly even level 80 should be minimum.

It is absolutely over the top hard, and for frankly speaking, a small reward.

Replies

• Options
    The recommended level is 75 or more, and gear 8 or more. It's all there in the manual : you can beat it with that level and that gear, it just requires adequate tactics and team composition, and good mods to compensate the lower level/gear. People have beaten it with that kind of characters, so it's possible.
  • Options
    Sorry but 75 should not be 'recommended' if the majority of players cannot get past the first stage. 75 should therefore be labelled 'minimum'. Like PC specs: Minimum to barely run = only very few team builds will win, Recommended to run well = more than average team builds will win. If so many people are losing, it cannot be anything other than Minimum.
  • Options
    I can't get past stage 4 with level 85 toons all fully modded and geared up past level 9 (various combos of IG-86, Vader, EP, TFP, RG, Shoretrooper, Tarkin, K2SO), attempt after attempt after attempt, following strategy tips from other users. This event is the only thing I really hate about this game, which I otherwise love. This event always makes me think about quitting swgoh, it's just frustrating. I don't mind difficult challenges, but the 100% respawn and instant kills and lack of cooldowns for Ewok Elders is beyond difficult, if it's winnable it's with luck alone, or with a different set of toons. It's when I see "75+" that I want to quit. I didn't always hate Ewoks, but I hate them now.
  • Options
    Their idea of a challenge and recommended minimums is miscued. Plain and simple. They keep tweaking the health and speed of the AI in these events under the table and think people won't notice. It's utterly ridiculous that the AI has unlimited use of special abilities like the EE to revive units non stop. You need fully maxed and zeta'd toons to clear these leveled and the rewards aren't even worth it.
  • Options
    I simply don't understand why it's so hard to beat even the first part. There are three (?) stages. Why make it exceedingly tough in only the first part? I could beat the first of the Empire war, fairly easily, but the second with tbh, luck. How come the Ewok event is exceedingly hard? And for what? A few shards that won't even unlock a one star character?! Pay to play...
  • Options
    These are free events in a FTP game, so they can be as difficult as they want. My rather inept G8 empire squad (EP, Vader, Tarkin, RG, TFP) were fine until the blazingly fast zero cool down EEs in stage 4 of tier 1. I'd imagine there's some strategy I'm missing but I have other things to do. I'd love to be able to clear them to get the shards to get my ewoks to a 5* minimum so they're ready for whatever comes next. But, no stress. I knew my empire squad was rubbish last time this event came up and that I had to devote some serious resources to it if I wanted to clear it. I didn't. Shame on me.
  • Options
    You're talking to a pay to play player, that has invested about five times the cost of a AAA on release game. They exist still because of people like me willing to pay something. The event is exceedingly tough for very little reward.
  • NightfallsCurse
    537 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    These are free events in a FTP game, so they can be as difficult as they want. My rather inept G8 empire squad (EP, Vader, Tarkin, RG, TFP) were fine until the blazingly fast zero cool down EEs in stage 4 of tier 1. I'd imagine there's some strategy I'm missing but I have other things to do. I'd love to be able to clear them to get the shards to get my ewoks to a 5* minimum so they're ready for whatever comes next. But, no stress. I knew my empire squad was rubbish last time this event came up and that I had to devote some serious resources to it if I wanted to clear it. I didn't. Shame on me.

The thing that upsets most is that before the upgrade, that Empire squad of yours would have probably been capable of clearing the lower levels of this event, now with the changes, even more competent teams are having difficulty or are unable to complete it entirely.
  • Options
    This event is terrible and that they brought it back so you can "work" on your Ewok squad is beyond terrible. Particularly since they've known about the insanely hard difficulty of their cute little rework for at least a month and have done nothing.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    If you use the correct setup, the event becomes easy, just gear up those imperial troopers
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    If you use the correct setup, the event becomes easy, just gear up those imperial troopers

You mean another correct setup: there are so many required setups for specific events that you simply cannot compete with the evolution. The point here is simple: why make even the first level SO hard to beat?