Tarkin applying debuffs thru foresight.

I had thought the general rule was that to cause a debuff an ability had to hit the target. However tarkin seems to be able to apply debuffs through zQGJ leadership foresight.

Old Ben is similar in that his mind tricks special needs to hit the opponent to have an effect but correctly this doesn't seem to be occurring
| ANZGC | Exile |

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/114199/ship-evasion-resistability#latest

That general rule is for attacks that deal damage. Not all non-damaging abilities can be evaded though. Not sure if they have not updated the text or coded wrongly. Most likely they'll just update the text to say it cannot be evaded.
  • Options
    ?? I can't tell if you are agreeing with me or not?

If an effect is designed to go through foresight or otherwise can't be evaded it should be noted as such eg fracture or r2 burn.

But tarkins special isnt noted as such so foresight, if present, should block it's effects.

Dooku shouldn't be able to stun through foresight either.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    1) The general rule which you have quoted applies to attacks that damage, and Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics does NOT damage, hence the rule does not apply to it.
    2) Majority of non-damaging attacks CANNOT be evaded, so my personal opinion is that Tarkin's Intimidation Tactics should bypass Foresight. (Designer Intent seems to be of this opinion, which I inferred from point 3)
    3) I linked the Dev post, and should have highlighted the relevant portion, which I shall copy pasta here:One part of this pass is evaluating all non-damaging activated abilities in the game to see whether they should use Evasion or not, since they already pay a significant cost simply by not dealing damage. (Looks like Designer Intent that non-damaging abilities should not be evaded)
    4) Devs have stated: We will be doing a consistency pass to make sure all abilities that we want to use Evasion do so, and all those we don't want to use Evasion don't, and say so explicitly. So, if they really think Tarkin shouldn't debuff through Foresight, maybe eventually they will update the text to say so. Which is why I concluded that they'll update the text to say it cannot be evaded.

TLDR: I don't agree with you.
  • Options
    Poes taunt consumes foresight and won't debuff anyone.

Won't even reduce their TM actually
  • Options
    Aarrrgghh now that highlights the frustration!!!

I had read the dev notes but missed the bit you were talking about. I see your point now about what the devs say and can also see the point they are making but it is a little frustrating that this happens for some toons and not others. Old ben's special works the opposite way and is blocked by foresight afaik.

On ships another example is that ITF will be damaged by mace AOE when he does have foresight. So that's a damaging attack that somehow completely ignores foresight but still seems to have the chance to evade naturally. These issues don't mean much on their own and only sometimes cost a battle but it is plenty annoying that the implementation is so erratic.

Let's hope the consistency pass happens sooner rather than later. It would be good to be able to account for how an ability behaves rather than it being a bolt from the blue.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Poes taunt consumes foresight and won't debuff anyone.

Won't even reduce their TM actually

That would be a welcome update lol....and ironic considering the Poe meta so long ago
    | ANZGC | Exile |