Forrest Moon Difficulty - Advice

I struggled and raged at this event at one point, too! Believe me, the rage was strong with this one.

The answer?

Beasty empire and strategy.

As hard as it is for me to say (because I still rage from time to time *cough cough GW node 12*) it really does come down to your roster, as all of the game does.

If you have a beasty empire team, I'm bringing up empire because my Droid team isn't viable, yet, you'll 3* star it.

Strategy (how I 3* all tiers)
If there's no "death" ewoks, mow them down with aoe, the CD resets before I actually need it again.
When there are "death" ewoks, I one-shot them with basic attacks then focus on the elders. Vader's ability block with basic attack lands consistently to cease further revives.

In short:
No death ewoks = aoe
Death ewoks= kill them first - basic and aoe
Elders (after death ewoks) = debuff - kill them

Hope this helps! I've been there!

My team:
Tarkin Lead G8
Veers G10
Vader G11
EP G10
Stormtrooper G10

No empire zetas, yet. All modded for speed.

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Just do like me dont event try to do it and do other things
    Anyway i dont think the rewards are worth it
  • Options
    Just do like me dont event try to do it and do other things

That, too!
  • Options
    My strategy:

Palpatine (lead) you'll need that extra health and potency.
    Veers & Snowtrooper, massive AoE with awesome extra TM from ewoks death, plus ability block everywhere.
    Vador, ability block once again.
    Royal guard, stun, stun, stun.

My toons are gear 7-8 mostly, only Palpatine is gear 10 but once you block elders and nuke the little ones with snowtrooper it's not that hard. In fact you're the only one who play since you gain tons of TM, and ability blocks prevents this annoying furry balls from doing nasty stuff.
  • Options
    My strategy:

Palpatine (lead) you'll need that extra health and potency.
    Veers & Snowtrooper, massive AoE with awesome extra TM from ewoks death, plus ability block everywhere.
    Vador, ability block once again.
    Royal guard, stun, stun, stun.

My toons are gear 7-8 mostly, only Palpatine is gear 10 but once you block elders and nuke the little ones with snowtrooper it's not that hard. In fact you're the only one who play since you gain tons of TM, and ability blocks prevents this annoying furry balls from doing nasty stuff.

[Insert] mic drop!
  • Evillest
    32 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Funny how the tier recommendation is lv79 g8.
    I throw in lv85 g9/10 and can't beat it. Even with zader, which has little to no effect.

*edit*
    Don't be a dummy like me and forget to mod your toons. Finished t3
    SMDH
    Post edited by Evillest on
  • Options
    I beat it easily with Veers Lead, SnowT, Vader, DeathT and MagmaT. DeathT makes taking out the Elders a piece of cake.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Evillest wrote: »
    Funny how the tier recommendation is lv79 g8.
    I throw in lv85 g9/10 and can't beat it. Even with zader, which has little to no effect.

*edit*
    Don't be a dummy like me and forget to mod your toons. Finished t3
    SMDH
    Don't use Vader as your leader. He's designed for long fights of attrition where his DoTs can stack and bleed them dry. Use Palpatine, who is designed for quick battles by rapidly filling your turn meter when you debuff.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I aced it on two accounts using similar teams and a similar strategy you mentioned OP.

Palp lead
    Vader
    Tarkin
    Thrawn @ 5*
    Snowtrooper OR TFP (both have great utility, Snow gives whole team TM when a murder bear dies, and TFP goes again and again under EP lead)

all with speeds between 160-205, except Thrawn who was 240
    g8-10 varied between toons
    level mostly 70-80s (snow was 61, tfp 70)

So much feeding off debuffs and tm gain, so much utility in there. Some people are saying you need droids - but it can definitely be done with Empire :smile:
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    HK47 R2 K2 Ig88 Ig86

This team gives K2 so much protection, basically K2 lost protection by then and no else got hurt

All gr X except HK gr 8
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    HK47 R2 K2 Ig88 Ig86

This team gives K2 so much protection, basically K2 lost protection by then and no else got hurt

All gr X except HK gr 8

Nice idea. Will try it in 3 days.
    Used the EP, Vader, Sid, TFP, Tarkin/RG/SnowT

Have CoolDown before 4 and full tm for EP before 8. First load Attack then aoe.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I was able to 3* all three levels by adding snowtrooper, who I have at 5* and gear 7. All his abilities are lvl 7, no omegas. It's easy with empire and snowtrooper, even if snowtrooper is low level.
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Some day, my droids will be beasty!
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Droids :)

Some day, my droids will be beasty!

I have a zVader, I have a bunch of empire guys. They dont quite do it as well as my droids did. I've seen videos and such on Snowtrooper and I'm leveling and gearing him as well. He seems quite good for this event.
  • Options
    Solution is tarkin lead and snowtrooper
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    zVeers, Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, DT, Thrawn makes this event easy. But a lot of investment for those toons.
  • Options
    Honestly most of this comes down to RNG in the last battle and current turn meters entering the battle... You will get it just keep trying
    "You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

https://swgoh.gg/u/humblemaverick/